We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Panel function buttons to trigger scenes?  (Read 1638 times)

Offline twerdahl

Panel function buttons to trigger scenes?
« on: August 06, 2013, 01:50:45 am »
Can I use one of the programable function keys (A/B/C/D) on my panel to trigger a scene in Vera?  I can easily see how to trigger an event based on Armed State, but not based on function key.  I would love to be able to do a quick "lights out" from the alarm panel as I'm heading out the door.  (Yes, I know that I can tie a "lights out" to arming the system but I don't want to necessarily link the two.)

N.B.: I've seen the thread that discusses the opposite direction (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=13311.0), but no discussion of this that I could find on this.

Offline SteveZ

Re: Panel function buttons to trigger scenes?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 08:13:03 pm »
The only way i can see doing this is to program one of the function buttons to activate the on board relay trigger 17 or 18 to close for 2 seconds then wire that into a unused zone, hopefully if you have one. Then add that new zone to the cheat sheet and create the scene using that as the trigger.

Online DeltaNu1142

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 08:20:49 am »
Yes, I know that I can tie a "lights out" to arming the system but I don't want to necessarily link the two.
Just to confirm--you realize you can use a detailed alarm state as a trigger, right?  I just did this.  For example, I want all lights off when arming AWAY, but not when arming STAY.

You might already know this, I just want to make sure.

Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 02:50:58 pm »
He was wanting to use one of the function buttons, the 4 buttons on the left of the keypad to turn of the lights without arming the system.

Online DeltaNu1142

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 02:57:08 pm »
He was wanting to use one of the function buttons, the 4 buttons on the left of the keypad to turn of the lights without arming the system.
Oh yes--I get that.  Based on his statement that he didn't want to link the two, though, I'm suggesting that you can use detailed arm state to support the all-lights-off function.

I don't use the four buttons for anything, so I can see how that would be useful...  however, I just go off of alarm state.  Alarm armed AWAY, all lights off.  Alarm armed STAY, selected lights off.  Alarm disarmed, select lights on.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG