We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Firmware update  (Read 7986 times)

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
Firmware update
« on: August 06, 2013, 03:58:23 am »
When will Fibaro bring out a new firmware update? Running on the "latest beta" now for months. Is MCV still alive? Are they doing any development? Or should I step over to Fibaro HC2 asap?
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
Re: Firmware update
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 10:00:20 am »
+1

Offline Crismaison

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 10:05:21 am »
When will Fibaro bring out a new firmware update?.....?

;D
Vera lite - Everspring smoke & flood detectors - Fibaro doorsensors - 2 Foscams - Greenwave 6 node smartplug - Several Switches -Netatmo - PLEG - Twilio - DropBoxuploader - FindmyIphone user

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 12:56:11 pm »
About 8 releases last year...

Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline Crismaison

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 03:13:00 pm »
Next firmware will follow soon I have the feeling following the security thread....
Vera lite - Everspring smoke & flood detectors - Fibaro doorsensors - 2 Foscams - Greenwave 6 node smartplug - Several Switches -Netatmo - PLEG - Twilio - DropBoxuploader - FindmyIphone user

Offline chris66

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 08:52:08 am »
Is MCV still alive?
;) Wait and see in 2014 ???::)

Offline mikewooduk

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 09:27:37 am »
Is MCV still alive?
;) Wait and see in 2014 ???::)

what do you know that we don't know???

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 10:30:05 am »
I'll chime in and say us beta testers are in the dark. Food for thought.

- Garrett

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 01:01:06 pm »
I think all we know about what has been going on is:

I hope Mios servers have tightened security to prevent intrusions via that route..
Actually this is what we've been working on the past 9 months.  We've re-written the whole back-end server infrastructure ourselves, from scratch in C++, [...]
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline chris66

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 08:50:03 am »

what do you know that we don't know???
[/quote]

Absolutely Nothing! and that's the problem, no informations from MCV, no available roadmaps for us, poor endusers ...  :'(

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 01:13:52 pm »
Do you guys get any response at tech tickets at all? I begin to get the feeling there is no MCV anymore...

Offline mike Q

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 09:00:11 am »
Do you guys get any response at tech tickets at all? I begin to get the feeling there is no MCV anymore...

I get poor support.   They take a week to turn around an email and after 4-5 exchanges, they just stop responding.

They rarely have a solution to my issues either.

Offline chixxi

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 07:45:59 am »
Next firmware will follow soon I have the feeling following the security thread....

lol, I have never seen any reaction in form of a software change to any security related problem from mcv, never ever!  Usually they just ingore or deny it. :'(

If you have been with mcv for some time you know this kind of topic. Get yourself a glass of whisky (or better a bottle) and just forget about it, mcv will never give answers, roadmaps or any other information which would be appreciated by endusers. They are horrible concerning this topic. But this topic has been talked about in dozens oft topics with hundreds of posts in this forum.

What makes the vera great is it's price tag (...and maybe the service and communication capabilities of mcv result out of this...) and this forum with all its absolutely great users.
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline Thomasss

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 09:08:58 am »
Since I bought my first Vera, approx 1,5 year, I've created 4 or 5 tech tickets and always received a fast an efficient reply.

But regarding, firmware, I will also be happy if they release more.

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 11:12:06 am »

lol, I have never seen any reaction in form of a software change to any security related problem from mcv, never ever!  Usually they just ingore or deny it. :'(

If you have been with mcv for some time you know this kind of topic. Get yourself a glass of whisky (or better a bottle) and just forget about it, mcv will never give answers, roadmaps or any other information which would be appreciated by endusers. They are horrible concerning this topic. But this topic has been talked about in dozens oft topics with hundreds of posts in this forum.

What makes the vera great is it's price tag (...and maybe the service and communication capabilities of mcv result out of this...) and this forum with all its absolutely great users.
in the security forum we opted some new things to consider so make that a half year of testing and a month of programming later from now xD
might wanna buy a whole box of bottle of whiskey lol.. might take some time
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl