Author Topic: Upcoming in ImperiHome 2.0 ...  (Read 7449 times)

Offline ImperiHome

Upcoming in ImperiHome 2.0 ...
« on: August 06, 2013, 05:33:41 pm »
Hi,

It has been some months now that we tell different people some words about ImperiHome's future features.
Here are some hard facts :)

One of the main features we plan to release in the 2.0 version is what we called the "Dashboards". Enough talking, you'll find here a 5 minutes little teasing video showing the upcoming Dashboards in action on our development tablet.

http://youtu.be/Lw6zmmDr0PY

Estimated release in next september or october.

Any comment is, of course, welcome :)

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: Upcoming in ImperiHome 2.0 ...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 06:08:54 pm »
DROOOL!!! ;)

Any way to on the dashboard to put eg 1 camera on the large box and some others on the smaller boxes (Like on the first dashboard shown in th video) Then allow to move a camera view from the small box to the large box for viewing? With the one previously in the large box going to the/a  small box. Basically allow a dashboard with multiple camera views and the option to view any camera feed in the larger box by simply tapping it's small box.

Time to renew my efforts on creating a wall mount for my 2nd Touchpad taking advantage of it's inductive charging. So I can pull it out for when I need it and sliding it back i will keep it charged.

The reason for connecting an Android stick to my TV is similar. To easily allow me access to Vera and the cameras. Once the Touchpad setup is done in the livingroom, that stick will go to the bedroom TV.
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline capjay

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 09:49:58 pm »
wow.. really neat. Let us know if you need beta testers  ;D

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 10:31:26 pm »
Nice job guys!

- Garrett

Offline korttoma

• Keep it simple, stupid
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 02:17:18 am »
Nice! Can not wait  :D
- Tomas

Offline valius

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 03:39:33 am »
Can you make this program work with HC2 from Fibaro?

Anyway, Nice job!

Vali

Offline big517

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 11:50:59 am »
Will this be an upgrade from the previous version, or a New APK alltogether?

Offline ImperiHome

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 06:02:23 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for your encouraging feedbacks !

Here are replies for some of your questions :

Can you make this program work with HC2 from Fibaro?
Supporting HC2 is on our todo list. Anyway we are not working on this right now, and would need a bit of support of Fibaro to work on this.

Will this be an upgrade from the previous version, or a New APK alltogether?
It will be an upgrade from the current version; but some of the new features (including dashboards) will probably be limited in the free version and unlocked with in a pro version for some dollars. Current app with its features and upgrades will stay and remain free.

wow.. really neat. Let us know if you need beta testers  ;D
We will probably do something like a closed beta test program some weeks before release. We will communicate about this on twitter @imperihome and/or on this forum

Thanks again!

The ImperiHome Team

Offline kabdalla

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 07:32:25 pm »
As someone who plans to use this on wall mounted and tabletop controllers, I would love to have the option for a keyword to launch the voice command feature instead of tapping the icon.  This would allow voice control from anywhere in the room when the application is running.

Offline beachboync

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 07:50:05 pm »
I agree that the Dashboard layout will be way cool. I don't have an Android tablet (both are iPads and I have talked to the ImperiHome guys about IOS support) but the Dashboard is so cool I may consider buying a cheap Android tablet for the wall.
Bob (beachboync)

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
  • Da Man, Da Myth, Da Legend - in his own mind!
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 10:38:15 am »
I love the dashboard implementation. I can't wait for it to be rolled out.
My ZWave Network: Too friggin big to list.....

Offline mzpost

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 11:27:49 am »
This looks very nice indeed and the option to wake the tablet up using the front camera is something I've been trying to implement using a third party app whilst working with Imperihome / Authomation.

I'm hoping that a few bugs in the current version will also be resolved, I've found there appear to be issues when using the app outside of my home network and a number of times I get error messages meaning that I've changed back to Authomation as my main app for control especially when away from home as it's rock solid. Look forward to V2 though, it looks great.

Offline ntk

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 04:59:55 pm »
look really cool ;)

sometimes when i open the app i see 4X times all mט devices and need to refresh to fix this

also cant see my light sensor in the app

besides this great app

and if you can add support for h.264 ip cam it will be perfect

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 03:57:19 pm »
At last? Vintage Radioshack temperature display: OUT. Imperihome Dashboards multi sensor display: IN.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline ImperiHome

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 07:56:38 am »

Thanks again for your feedbacks :)

sometimes when i open the app i see 4X times all mט devices and need to refresh to fix this
Yes, we've seen this happening. We've fixed a couple of things on this that should be available in the 1.9 Version (ETA end of august). Hope this will be better.

also cant see my light sensor in the app
Yes, this sensor is not supported yet in IH, this will come ASAP :)

and if you can add support for h.264 ip cam it will be perfect
We've got this in our TODO (but will probably not be implemented before the 2.1 or so). We forst have to get one of these cams to develop/test.

I've found there appear to be issues when using the app outside of my home network and a number of times I get error messages
You're right : The 'connection' issues can happen and we've yet to get better on this. (Would be great if you could remember the error message displayed and send it tu us at contact@imperihome.com ? or perhaps next time ?)

As someone who plans to use this on wall mounted and tabletop controllers, I would love to have the option for a keyword to launch the voice command feature instead of tapping the icon.  This would allow voice control from anywhere in the room when the application is running.
Yes this would be great :) However, the current implementation of Google's speech recognition in the SDK does not offer 'continuous listening' and recognition. Perhaps it'll come; we didn't look at the last Moto X development possibilities yet but this phone seems to be continuously listening for voice commands, which would be interesting for this.

The ImperiHome Team