Author Topic: etherrain and ui5  (Read 1549 times)

Offline jimim

• Sr. Newbie
etherrain and ui5
« on: August 07, 2013, 08:53:33 pm »
i'm waiting to get my etherrain in and has a couple of questions.  pretty much i'm uisng over the vera for manual control if away and need to water cause it is a day that my hunter is not programmed to run.

i assume i can just do a simple on and off from the vera?

also when setting up all i need to install is the plugin from the app store right?  no need for those other 2 xml files a saw from older ui's?

finally since i'm still running the hunter when i wire the 2 together can i just take new wires from the hunter terminals to the etherrain or should i take the field wires and use wire nuts to split each wire into 2 sets to take to the hunter terminal and the other set to the etherrain terminals.  didn't know if i just screwed down into the hunter terminals with the new wires out to the etherrain if it would mess either up.

thanks a lot. sorry if these are stupid questions.  i read through the 8 pages of the etherrain thread but it's alot of old info.

thanks,
jim

Offline jimim

• Sr. Newbie
Re: etherrain and ui5
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 03:19:46 pm »
i'm waiting to get my etherrain in and has a couple of questions.  pretty much i'm uisng over the vera for manual control if away and need to water cause it is a day that my hunter is not programmed to run.

i assume i can just do a simple on and off from the vera?

also when setting up all i need to install is the plugin from the app store right?  no need for those other 2 xml files a saw from older ui's?

finally since i'm still running the hunter when i wire the 2 together can i just take new wires from the hunter terminals to the etherrain or should i take the field wires and use wire nuts to split each wire into 2 sets to take to the hunter terminal and the other set to the etherrain terminals.  didn't know if i just screwed down into the hunter terminals with the new wires out to the etherrain if it would mess either up.

thanks a lot. sorry if these are stupid questions.  i read through the 8 pages of the etherrain thread but it's alot of old info.

thanks,
jim

got everything answered!

just waiting for my ether rain now.  i'll post back when i get it up and going so maybe my experience will help someone else out.

one thing i learned so far is that the ac line adaptors are very cool. i never used one before.  i picked up a netgear nano 200 today and had a wired drop in the garage in 30 secs.  seriously 30 secs.  it works with my laptop so i would assume with etherrain i should be good too.

jimi