We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: 2 vera's , 1 android.  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Cor

2 vera's , 1 android.
« on: August 11, 2013, 07:53:56 am »
Hi,

I have a vera 3 with vera alerts and also a vera lite which is "slaved" to the vera 3.

The idea is to have a notification when a device is acivated which is included on the vera lite.

I tried:
-Setup a notification on the vera3  (  the device (sensor) which is included on the vera lite shows up on the vera 3).   This didn't work , since the notification was too short and the change of the device-status never comes from the vera lite to the vera 3( doorbell push).

-Vera alerts also showed up on the vera lite ( which was only installed on the vera 3) , but I couldn't programm anything on the vera lite UI.

-Installed vera alerts on the vera lite: setup notification , inserted the code from my android on the correct field ( created a new username for this vera lite)  and it worked.

BUT; a day later , it doesn't work anymore. I noticed that the android code (vera alerts ID) is removed on the vera lite.  .... inserted the code again , it worked , but the next day , the ID ws removed again.

It is not possible to have the same android vera alarts ID on 2 different vera's?

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks, Cor

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
Re: 2 vera's , 1 android.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 08:09:14 am »
I have no idea why the Vera Alerts ID is getting reset ... Sounds like some bugs with Slaving a Vera to another Vera.

I do not have two Vera's so I can not simulate your environment.

Offline Cor

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 08:21:17 am »
You have any suggestions?
Or I have to let this rest :-(

*edit* just tried it once more, made a notification (this shows in the vera alerts) insrted my android vera alerts ID , made , inserted a tts . clicked the cross, clicked saved.Went to the UI of my vera 3, went back to the Ui of vera lite.  The android vera alert ID is gone, but also the TTS and text is gone.  notification itself is still there , but all I have inserted is gone.

Thanks,
Cor
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:37:50 am by Cor »

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 08:30:54 pm »
Might call MCV support ... to find out what the limitations are with Slaved Veras.

Offline Cor

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 01:25:02 pm »
Ok, I will raise a ticket with MCV. Since it happends with vera-alerts , I doubt there will be support for the plugin from MCV . What info can I give them  what is not working?   Copy/paste the first post won't do it I think.

Many thanks,
Cor

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 02:46:11 pm »
You can ask them why the settings keep getting reset.