We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Anyone using Wintop / Z-Wave.me Temperature / Dry Contact device? DOORBELL  (Read 21755 times)

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
This maybe of Interest here Aeotec are releasing a new doorbell device.

Offline SteveZ

Hmm, from the discussion above, it looks like your doorbell operates on 6 VDC, which you interface via relay to a Z-Wave dry contact device. Has anyone looked at doing similar thing to a regular 12-16 VAC doorbell in the US? I don't know which relay to use - any recommendations? Thanks.

I use one of these RIB relays that works on 10-30 volts ac or dc.

Offline denix

• Global Moderator
Hmm, from the discussion above, it looks like your doorbell operates on 6 VDC, which you interface via relay to a Z-Wave dry contact device. Has anyone looked at doing similar thing to a regular 12-16 VAC doorbell in the US? I don't know which relay to use - any recommendations? Thanks.

Thanks! That seems to be exactly what I need! I ordered one and will try it out soon.
Veras (1, 2, 3, Lite, Plus), lots of different Z-Wave modules, Luup plugins and theater/security integration.

Offline denix

• Global Moderator

Thanks! That seems to be exactly what I need! I ordered one and will try it out soon.

I'm happy to report that it works great! I connected this RIB relay's 10-30 VAC input coil to the bell, output NC coil to Everspring's Door/Window Dry Contacts and it gets triggered when the doorbell rings. Thanks!

BTW, the doorbell is actually 10 VAC exactly when energized.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:18:16 pm by denix »
Veras (1, 2, 3, Lite, Plus), lots of different Z-Wave modules, Luup plugins and theater/security integration.

Offline jonstrasser

• Sr. Newbie
Denix
My doorbell is running at 9.6V - according to my digital meter.   Do you think this will still work?

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
Re: Anyone using Wintop / Z-Wave.me Temperature / Dry Contact device?
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2015, 09:14:02 am »
Before you put batteries in the chime just check that it isn't connected to a transformer. This would probably be somewhere near your consumer unit (or fuse-box). It would be a small box with similar thin white wires connected to it. It isn't too likely but it's worth checking.

Hi RexBeeckett

My door chime that I used in this setup has died. I bought a new Byron 1217 wired doorbell chime kit. I think I have worked out which terminals I should use to wire in the existing relay but its no longer working when I press the doorbell.

The old door chime had 4x 1.5v batteries totalling 6V. The new Byron one only has 2x 1.5v batteries totalling 3v.

Should my existing 6v Omron relay work with the new 3v chime unit? Or do I need a new relay only rated for 3v ?

Thanks.

I've just ordered a 3VDC relay only ?1.73 delivered will try it with that one.

EDIT: Its working again with the new 3VDC relay!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 07:33:56 am by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
Re: Anyone using Wintop / Z-Wave.me Temperature / Dry Contact device? DOORBELL
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2015, 05:15:19 am »
Hi

The Z-Wave.me iTemp device no longer works properly on UI7 / VeraEdge

I recently moved from a VeraLite UI5 to a new VeraEdge UI7. The Z-Wave.me iTemp device did include and the temperature sensor device does appear OK in the device list in the web GUI.

However as per the original instructions here, you also need to install the iTemp Plugin to get the binary sensor / dry contact part of the device to work.

The iTemp Plugin does seemingly install OK and says This plugin has created the following devices: # 94 iTemp Plugin
however in the device list in the UI7 web GUI  the iTemp Plugin cannot be seen or found anywhere.

So you then cannot configure the binary sensor and set it up properly. Strangely the Vera Mobile Android app does list a device called iTemp Plugin in the No Room section but you can't click on it or do anything with it in the mobile app.

I am unsure why the iTemp Plugin device is just not visible in UI7? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin but its the same.

So this device is no longer working, I did raise a ticket with support but not had a full response as yet.

Attached are the D_iTemp.xml and I_iTemp.xml files which I downloaded from my Vera unit. If anyone has the skills to understand what might be wrong with the plugin code?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 05:17:19 am by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2015, 05:20:45 am »
Also attached is the user  manual for the Z-Wave.me iTemp device

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2015, 10:24:36 am »
Just an update, Vera support say that they have updated the iTemp plugin in the marketplace.

They manually updated a json file on my VeraEdge and now the iTemp plugin and the binary sensor portion of the Z-Wave.me iTemp device are shown correctly in the UI7 device list. I can confirm that the binary sensor is working and is tripped when I push my door bell and my door bell scene is then run.

If I look at the iTemp plugin app on the VeraEdge it says: Current Version:0.2 not sure if this said version 0.1 previously I think it may have.

Only remaining issue is with the Temperature Sensor device portion of the Z-Wave.me iTemp device, this always seems to say Can't Detect Device. I can manually poll it and the error goes away for a while but then always comes back later.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 10:33:39 am by cw-kid »