We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Aeon Labs HEM on Vera 2 Stability issues / crashes / delay  (Read 1491 times)

Offline haveitall

• Sr. Newbie
Aeon Labs HEM on Vera 2 Stability issues / crashes / delay
« on: August 11, 2013, 02:59:34 pm »
Hello -

I recently installed a Aeon Labs HEM on my Vera 2 and instantly started having stability issues.  There are huge delays on things (like starting a scene, triggers, etc.).  Reliability from logging into my phone is poor now (never had a problem before).  And finally, it is crashing entirely about once a week now.

I am considering buying a Vera 3 - if that will really solve the problem.  However, I don't want to buy it and find out that doesn't fix it.  I have tons of devices (20?) and two cameras on the Vera2 and had no problems.   I recently installed the new UI - but that was a week or two before I put the HEM in.  Pretty sure that didn't have any adverse affect.

Any suggestions?

Offline mrcashback

Re: Aeon Labs HEM on Vera 2 Stability issues / crashes / delay
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 09:00:36 pm »
I have Vera 3 and the aeon hem is the first device I brought with it..... It is a right pain when not using usb power.
If its on batteries, it just doesn't configure properly, and sometimes one clamp will go on happily working while the others lock up, even though the main device calculated and reports all 3 clamps.

Using USB power things got a little easier.... changed reporting interval to 5 seconds, adjusted the 101 field to a figure I found on the forums to suit 3 clamp use, and away it goes :)
What I have noticed though, is once its working LEAVE IT to sort itself in the event of freezes.... any time it looks like there's an issue that its not updating, if I've tried polling or configuring, it freezes permanently, and I need to un include and delete it and start over to get it working again, but when I've just left it alone  it seems to do its thing and get back to me..... obviously not ideal, but seems its how it is

Offline haveitall

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 03:37:06 pm »
Thanks for the info.  I'll try changing the reporting interval and see if that makes a difference. 

I didn't have any trouble getting it up and running - it is wired to directly to a power plug - so I must have a different model or something.  After I included it and added the plugin - all seemed well (except of course for the crashing and slow response). 

Makes the whole home automation thing kind of creepy when things happen at random times instead of on cue like they are supposed too.   

Offline haveitall

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 12:14:42 am »
Good Lord.

I read a thousand posts and finally figured out it was Ergy.  Killed Ergy, all is well.

THAT is ridiculous.  Don't auto-install stuff that doesn't work.  The gui was slick, but I was ready to toss vera out a window...