We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Multiwave controller and valve actuator  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Darthvuder

Multiwave controller and valve actuator
« on: July 08, 2013, 12:55:40 am »
Hello all,
I finally sprung for the Intermatic Multiwave PE653 pool controller kit and so far so good.

My question is: the Multiwave includes low voltage terminals 8 and 9. I would like to wire a 24v valve actuator to my valve to automatically switch from pool to spa.

From the manual it appears that there is a actuator controller (200 dollars) that would be plugged into a 220 v terminal (terminal 6) .

The store I bought this from though says that he thinks i could plug the 24v actuator directly into the low voltage lines to control and getting the extra controller that manages 3 actuators and two loads is overkill.

I only need to control one valve at the moment and it would be great not to spend the extra 200 dollars

Does anyone have experience with this at all?

THanks
collin

Offline dkeefe

Re: Multiwave controller and valve actuator
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 08:18:07 am »
you'll need the $200 power supply/valve controller. the contacts on the multiwave are just relays, not a 24v power supply.

intermatic is supposed to be working on a cheaper valve controller for use with the multiwave.

Offline mr crewcab

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Multiwave controller and valve actuator
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 06:27:10 pm »
if there is only one valve you are trying to control, you could use the intermatic p4043 actuator control. I paid around $155 for one. Then the wiring for the valve controller comes from neutral or line 1 (depending on if you wired it up for 120v or 230v) and output from switches 1 through 4. terminal 8 & 9 are just contacts run off switch 5. this is supposed to be for controlling your pool heat.