We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Arm alarm via RS232  (Read 2049 times)

Offline JAnguita

• Sr. Newbie
Arm alarm via RS232
« on: August 17, 2013, 06:34:45 pm »
I own a PowerMax Pro with GSM Module, RS232 module and Powerlink.

The problem is that RS232 doesn't work if I connect Powerlink (I need to use GSM module), so Vera can only works in standard mode.

Is it possible a total arm in a escene in standard mode? Is it possible to pass the pin in any way?

Offline nlrb

Re: Arm alarm via RS232
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 06:07:13 am »
If you create a scene to arm/disarm the panel then go to the 'advanced' tab, you can enter a pin code there.

The Vera PowerMax plugin can work well in Powerlink mode together with a GSM module. No need to switch to standard mode. You shouldn't connect a Visonic Powerlink module at the same time as the Vera though.

Offline JAnguita

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Arm alarm via RS232
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 06:57:03 pm »
... The Vera PowerMax plugin can work well in Powerlink mode together with a GSM module. No need to switch to standard mode. You shouldn't connect a Visonic Powerlink module at the same time as the Vera though.

So you mean that it is possible to use only the powerlink module instead of RS232?

What I've checked is that RS232+Powerlink+GSM is impossible, but I didn't try to connect Vera to Visonic only via ethernet. I think that this is not posible. I will get a "check connection port" error.