We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Ambient alerts  (Read 1662 times)

Offline TomBear

• Sr. Newbie
Ambient alerts
« on: August 22, 2013, 03:28:52 am »
http://blog.x-caiver.com/2008/05/ambient-alerts.html

Is this possible with Vera? I moved couple of months ago from x10 to z-wave. I had those Ambient alerts working in Indigo but i dont know how to translate those scripts to Veras scitps.

Offline RexBeckett

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
Re: Ambient alerts
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 04:57:37 am »
I suggest you investigate the Program Logic Event Generator (PLEG) plugin. This can easily be configured to turn off lights after a time interval with or without overrides from motion sensors or the state of other devices.

PLEG is available from MiOS Marketplace. There is a dedicated board here.

Offline SOlivas

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 09:43:22 am »
You should also check out the Smart Switch plugin.  It will let you set triggers for turning on lights, and will turn them off automatically.

It can also turn off manually controlled lights after a certain time as well.
Vera 3 (1.5.622) / 9x GE/Jasco 45609 / 2x GE/Jasco 45612 / 2x GE/Jasco 45614 / 1x MIMO Lite
1x Twine (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,15617.0.html), DSC Security System, Honeywell  YTH8320ZW1007 Thermostat, 1x Fortrezz WWA-01, 1x CA9000 Wireless PIR Sensor

Offline TomBear

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 10:40:17 am »
I installed PLEG an s Smart Switch Plugin but i dont know how to use them.

What i want is:

When i turn  light on 7 min timer starts. After timer has reached 7min it dims light quickly 20% and goes back to level it was ("warning"). If i dont push or send "on" command to that light it will turn off after 3min. Every "on" press after that "warning" extends timer 3mins.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 11:16:41 am »
Do you expect to have to toggle switch off then on to extend the timer ... Or expect to just touch the already on light ?

If the light is already on ... Vera will not detect that you have touched the on button again. Also do you have switches with Instant Status reporting ?
I.e. if someone manually turns on the Switch does the Web Page on Vera change instantly ? Some Z-Wave devices do not have instant status ... So they are not noticed until they are polled .... That time interval is dependent on a number of factors.

If you do this 4 times in a row quickly do you expect the timer to be extended for 12 minutes ?

Offline TomBear

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 06:53:22 am »
Do you expect to have to toggle switch off then on to extend the timer ... Or expect to just touch the already on light ?

No, just push the on button again. I use Merten battery operated wall controllers. I dont have any fysical buttons connected to the fibaro dimmers.

If the light is already on ... Vera will not detect that you have touched the on button again. Also do you have switches with Instant Status reporting ?
I.e. if someone manually turns on the Switch does the Web Page on Vera change instantly ? Some Z-Wave devices do not have instant status ... So they are not noticed until they are polled .... That time interval is dependent on a number of factors.

Fibaro dimmers seems to report status changes instantly to Vera.

If you do this 4 times in a row quickly do you expect the timer to be extended for 12 minutes ?

No, hitting the on button would always start timer from beginning.

So there would be 2 timers. First timer starts when light goes on and second starts when first timer has ended:

Light goes on -> 7min timer starts.

After 7 minutes light dims quickly 20% (and goes back to level it was) and 3 minute timer starts.

Now the second timer has started and if i dont push the on button again timer will turn off the light after 3 minutes.
But if i click on button in three minutes, 3 minute timer resets and start again counting from the beginning.