We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Fibaro Flood Sensor  (Read 19936 times)

Offline hek

• Beta Testers
Re: Fibaro Flood Sensor
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 10:00:39 am »
Hi Mark,  hope all is ok.  (OT: My new vera3 has worked great since the VeraLite crash in april) 

I have gotten both temp and flood to work on Vera.
I had to change device file pretty quick after adding device (while vera still tried to configure device). And wake up the floodsensor by triggering tamperbutton.

Offline monions

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 10:13:36 am »
Hi,

I'm doing well thanks.

I hadn't noticed that when I changed the device file it then created two new devices. So you then get three devices

• Generic I/O
  • Motion Sensor
  • Temperature Sensor

Actually just like your original image.

I'll test this for a little while and then put together an application guide for other users.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 10:37:29 am by monions »

Offline hek

• Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 10:39:28 am »
The GenericIO device popped up when I added the flood sensor.

But I notice that my temp reading seems to be constantly 29 degrees. I'll have to do some more debugging..

Offline monions

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 12:14:00 pm »
OK, I reinstalled it to make sure it all installed correctly.

You get two motion sensors + generic I/O.

One motion sensor is the parent and all changes are made through that.

Changing the Generic I/O's device file to D_TemperatureSensor1.xml has it reporting temperature nicely, I'll check this over the next few hours to see how it behaves.

On your screenshot you have your 2nd motion sensor renamed - what do you have that connected to?

Offline hek

• Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 12:35:08 pm »
Hmm. I had to reinstall the flood sensor now to get things working again. Weird.  Another strange this is that battery level is down to 46%! After three days.
Maybe it got stuck somehow sending data that no one was receiving.

The second motion sensor was renamed to child in Swedish (barn).  The child sensor shows the same thing as parent. MCV will probably remove this child like they did for the fibaro Rely-switches.

I'll leave the sensor for observation now a couple of days before reporting back here.

Offline monions

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 01:10:02 pm »
I'm glad you said you're deleting the 'child' device. I couldn't find a use for it, I tried connecting an external switch to TMP, Sens and Alarm - nothing worked.

I'll test the sensor in Fibaro HC2 as well, but I assumed all would work in HC2, so wanted to iron out the wrinkles in VERA first.

My battery is down to 70%, but assume that's because I have configured and polled it a lot - normally you'll throw it under a washing machine and forget about it.

I'll check it again in the morning and see how it's behaving.

Offline ntk

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2013, 12:52:48 pm »
how can i delete the child device ? when i'm trying to delete it (trash symbol) it remove also the temp and the other motion device

also there is a way to show when the tilt sensor is tripped ? it only beep but i cant see it in vera

thanks

Offline monions

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 01:02:04 pm »
I don't think you can delete the second child device - even though it's not doing anything.

I've moved it to another room in VERA just to keep things tidy.

The Trip sensor sends its report on Association Group 2. This does not get picked up in a VERA icon, but it can be used to activate another Z-Wave device by creating the association in the Flood sensor's 'Device Settings' tab. The trip sensor sends an Alarm Command to the associated device.

Offline ntk

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 02:32:04 pm »
Thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Offline pathduck

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2013, 07:30:19 am »
Hi i have now  managed to change the device type on the temp sensor device from the flood sensor. It has now changed from a motion sensor to a temperature sensor but I can't seem to get any data from the temp sensor.

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/20/utaqa6uz.jpg)

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/20/a2uga9at.jpg)

Any ideas why this happens?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline pathduck

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 05:34:50 am »
Hi i have now  managed to change the device type on the temp sensor device from the flood sensor. It has now changed from a motion sensor to a temperature sensor but I can't seem to get any data from the temp sensor.

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/20/utaqa6uz.jpg)

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/20/a2uga9at.jpg)

Any ideas why this happens?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Ok, i got it working now. It turns out i was changing the device parameters for the wrong device. It is the Genereic I/O device that has to change to D_TemperatureSensor1.xml.

Offline pathduck

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2014, 06:37:03 am »
The GenericIO device popped up when I added the flood sensor.

But I notice that my temp reading seems to be constantly 29 degrees. I'll have to do some more debugging..

My sensor is powered from a constant power supply. The sensor is reading constantly 32 degrees and the LED indicator is constant yellow. I have tried resetting the sensor and also excluding and including in Vera. The temperature has changed to 29 degrees but not changing.

I decided to run the sensor on a power supply rather than battery because my battery suddenly stopped working after 2 months.

Does anybody know why this would happen?

Offline biswasg

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2014, 04:55:21 am »
Vera recognizes it, but as usual (with fibaro temperature devices) you have to change the device_file from GenericIO to D_TemperatureSensor1.xml.

Can someone help explain and solve this issue for me. After including the Fibaro Flood Sensor to my VeraLite z-wave network, I get the following three modules:
1. Generic IO with an "On" and "Off" buttons
2. _Motion Sensor with a battery icon and "Arm" and "Bypass" buttons
3. _Motion Sensor with "Arm" and "Bypass" buttons

What do these three buttons do?
Which one is for detecting flood and how can the temperature be displayed?
How to change the Device_file from GenericIO to D_TemperatureSensor1.xml and why is this required?

I read all the posts and searched rest of the forum so will appreciate some guidance on the above issue, preferably written for a newbie like me.

Thanks

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2014, 10:50:56 am »
I don't think you can delete the second child device - even though it's not doing anything.

I've moved it to another room in VERA just to keep things tidy.

The Trip sensor sends its report on Association Group 2. This does not get picked up in a VERA icon, but it can be used to activate another Z-Wave device by creating the association in the Flood sensor's 'Device Settings' tab. The trip sensor sends an Alarm Command to the associated device.

Hi, how did you manage to do this? A child device normally can't be moved and will be placed back to it's master's room...
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline monions

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2014, 06:47:09 am »
Hi,

My mistake - I thought I did it, but it moved straight back to where the other devices are.

You are correct, you can't move 'parts' of a multi-channel device.