We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Netatmo Weather Station plugin  (Read 220910 times)

Offline kwieto

Re: Netatmo Weather Station plugin
« Reply #705 on: January 02, 2019, 04:29:47 pm »
OK, so I figured it out.
I have two Netatmo stations, one of them for unknown reason stopped reporting and needed a restart to be active again.
I've checked the dates and the last measurements available in Netatmo app were at the same date as last update reported by plugin (couple of hours difference, though).

After restarting the station, everything went back to normal. As I don't need that station in Vera, it would be nice to have option to choose which station is used by plugin, hopefully this would solve also issues with connection to servers (?).

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #706 on: January 02, 2019, 05:37:45 pm »
Yes indeed.  When I first had problems I restarted both my main Netatmo stations in a attempt to resume operation.  This seemed to help in one case, but I think that there were also server problems at the time which compounded the issue.

Anyway, glad that you're back in business. 

The only current way to separate stations is to use separate accounts.  I'm not sure that a client-side selection of one station out of several would solve anything in this case.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline korttoma

« Reply #707 on: January 04, 2019, 01:21:54 am »
Opened my Vera interface this morning and noticed that the Netatmo plugin had not got any values for the last 2 hours.
Engine Reload results in "Startup Lua Failed" (tried multiple times).
Strange since the Netatmo station updates just fine @ https://my.netatmo.com/app/station
No errors @ https://dev.netatmo.com

I will have to wait until I get home so I can try restarting the Netatmo Station.
- Tomas

Offline korttoma

« Reply #708 on: January 04, 2019, 10:29:23 am »
Rebooting the Netatmo Main unit an the reloading vera engine solved the issue.
- Tomas

Offline korttoma

« Reply #709 on: January 16, 2019, 03:07:26 am »
feedback from Netatmo support:

"Restarting the station should not influence 3rd party applications, so I am unable to explain this situation.
Netatmo will not be providing localized services, we are exclusively working on cloud services.
Thanks again for your interest in Netatmo.
wish you a nice day."
- Tomas

Offline Asfaltsystem

« Reply #710 on: January 21, 2019, 04:35:31 pm »
I have Vera Secure and when i installed the latest plugin 2018.02.27 i got Netatmo.Can't Detect Device.
Regards
HC

Offline P-a

« Reply #711 on: January 30, 2019, 02:22:18 am »
Hi,

I am also getting Start-up Lua failed. Rebooted my station and reloaded engine. Any advice?

BR

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #712 on: January 30, 2019, 06:04:13 am »
Yup, happening to me too.

Nothing has changed in the app or the API, so I can only assume it is their problem once again.

Very frustrating.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #713 on: January 30, 2019, 10:43:05 am »
...and, for me, it's now started working again ...  :o
________

Edit:  I just checked my data logging and it seems that for quite a number of hours over the last three days there have been communication failures, and a running system resumes once they're back online.  This does make debugging and diagnosing any code issues MUCH harder!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 10:47:33 am by akbooer »

Offline opel-oleg

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #714 on: January 30, 2019, 02:36:12 pm »
In Russia, worked without comment. I think the gestures are unnecessary ...

Offline lennier

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #715 on: January 31, 2019, 11:44:26 pm »
Edit: Don't worry, found the answer in another thread. Seems you have to manually set the username/password variables via luup now as they don't appear in the AdvancedVariables UI anymore.

-------------
I'm also having issues getting this plugin to work. I've installed it from the MiOS app store (version 2019.02.27) and it creates a 'Netatmo' device. As expected it initially reports auth failures (and can't detect device presumably as a result).

However when I go to the Advanced/Variables tab I only see variables for ClientID and ClientSecret, no username or password ones (as mentioned somewhere in this thread about setting this up). I've registered at http://dev.netatmo.com/ and created an ID and secret and entered them in the plugin but I still get auth failures. Is there somewhere I should be entering my Netatmos account username and password still as the earlier doc said, or is this no longer needed and something else is wrong?

Any help appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:45:21 am by lennier »

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #716 on: February 03, 2019, 09:04:26 am »
Opened my Vera interface this morning and noticed that the Netatmo plugin had not got any values for the last 2 hours.
Strange since the Netatmo station updates just fine @ https://my.netatmo.com/app/station

I will have to wait until I get home so I can try restarting the Netatmo Station.

I believe that I have found, and partially fixed, this intermittent problem.

It appears to happen when the Netatmo base station loses contact, for whatever reason, with an external module for a period of time.  This seems, despite what Netatmo say, to cause some data to be missing from the periodic update of station measurements.

What this now means (post fix) is that if a station is missing during a Luup reload, and you have configured the plugin to show that measurement as a child device, then that child device will be missing and Luup restarted once again.

If you reload at a letter time and the missing data is back, a new child device (with a different device number) will be created.

This seems to be the best I can do at the moment. 

The update is in the latest GitHub development branch.

Offline korttoma

« Reply #717 on: February 03, 2019, 11:44:24 pm »
Nice work akbooer!!

Unfortunately I get "Startup Lua Failed" with the new development version of "L_Netatmo.lua"

Going back to the older version ( https://github.com/akbooer/Netatmo/tree/a795fa0c1cff6b811465226c57776256807e8486 ) and it works fine again.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 01:10:01 am by korttoma »
- Tomas

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #718 on: February 04, 2019, 02:59:18 am »
Odd. I can't think how this could be.

A significant difference is that even in the event of startup failure, the plugin will still run its server so it is possible to retrieve diagnostics from it and see what is happening.

Offline mcalistair

• "Luctor et Emergo"
« Reply #719 on: February 04, 2019, 09:04:13 am »
I can confirm this... Battery of Rainmodule was flat, replaced it, restarted Vera... all back to normal again.
So Flat battery can cause the startup /initialize issues.

I believe that I have found, and partially fixed, this intermittent problem.

It appears to happen when the Netatmo base station loses contact, for whatever reason, with an external module for a period of time.  This seems, despite what Netatmo say, to cause some data to be missing from the periodic update of station measurements.

What this now means (post fix) is that if a station is missing during a Luup reload, and you have configured the plugin to show that measurement as a child device, then that child device will be missing and Luup restarted once again.

If you reload at a letter time and the missing data is back, a new child device (with a different device number) will be created.

This seems to be the best I can do at the moment. 

The update is in the latest GitHub development branch.
1x Vera3@UI5 = PROD (1x Edge@UI7 = SandBox ), 15x ZWAVE Devices, 8x 'legacy' X10 devices controlled via Visonic PowerMax Alarm Panel Plugin, 5x Philips HUE devices, 1x iTach IP2CC, 1x Netatmo Weather Station, AltUI