We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Netatmo Weather Station plugin  (Read 235654 times)

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: Netatmo Weather Station plugin
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2013, 12:28:45 pm »
You should compare values to existing state before you do a
luup.variable_set.
But if, say, we have a rising pressure then you want to update the CurrentValue variable even if it has surpassed a trigger threshold (and I don't know how you'd find that out).  There may even be multiple threshold set on one variable.  Perhaps I miss your meaning?

As I recall there is also an option in the JSON file for the eventlist that indicates if it supports generating an event every time you set the variables ... or just when the trigger first becomes true.  But I can't find the documentation for it right now ...

Now THAT would fit the bill - I will search harder!

Thanks.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2013, 12:35:49 pm »
I had a problem with "Lua startup failed" on my install. I had added the variableContainer and GoogleCalendar plugins to try and make sure I had the correct prerequisites in place, but that did not work. I noticed "dataMine" at the signature of akbooer so I added that plugin. Once I did that, the Netatmo piece worked.
Just thought this might help someone else.

Certainly worth reminding: the basic install ships without a JSON module.  I use 'json-dm' by default because every right-minded person should have dataMine installed.  :D

There is a settable variable under the Advanced tab of the Netatmo module, 'jsonLibrary', which allows you to select another.  GoogleCalendar has a plain 'json' module, so setting it to that would have worked.  I'll bundle a JSON module with the next App Store release... I was just trying to save space.  The configuration information is described on the first post of this thread.

VariableContainer is not used by this plugin.

Thanks for a great plugin!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence (don't try using pressure, noise, or CO2 triggers or notifications yet!).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:52:37 pm by akbooer »
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2013, 09:33:19 am »
The triggers I created for CO2, Noise, and Pressure are generating notifications at exactly 10 minute intervals even though the CO2 level, Noise level, and pressure level remain above or remain below their respective trigger level.

Certainly puzzled the experts for a bit.  However, this may fix the problem - I have done limited testing and it seems promising.

Let me know, please!

Offline BrianLBeaton

« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2013, 03:00:51 pm »
After uploading the three new files to my Vera 3, the same issue as before exists.  The triggers for CO2, Noise, and Pressure are generating notifications at exactly 10 minute intervals even though the CO2 level, Noise level, and pressure level remain above or remain below their respective trigger level.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2013, 04:25:57 pm »
After uploading the three new files to my Vera 3, the same issue as before exists.  The triggers for CO2, Noise, and Pressure are generating notifications at exactly 10 minute intervals even though the CO2 level, Noise level, and pressure level remain above or remain below their respective trigger level.
Hmmmmm, sorry about that, but that's not my experience.  Seems to be working for me.  I wonder what's different?

You're sure the uploads worked?  I'll check that I posted the right files!  That's all that I can think of right now.

Offline BrianLBeaton

« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2013, 08:28:03 pm »
I transcribed information from the "My Alerts" Tab in UI5 and the "VeraAlerts Plugin" and "Vera Alerts Android App" to illustrate what I am observing for a CO2 device.  The pressure and noise devices are exhibiting similar behavior.  The transcribed information is in the attached file.  Hope this may shed some insight as to what is happening.   
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 11:18:14 pm by Beaton303 »

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2013, 10:59:34 pm »
Did you reload vera after uploading the new files?

- Garrett

Offline BrianLBeaton

« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2013, 11:02:39 pm »
Yes, I checked "Restart Luup after upload".  I  also pressed the Reload button several times since then.

The System Monitor Plug-in indicates the following:

Last CMH Reboot: 22:01:47 Wed 25 Sep 2013
Last Vera Restart: 22:06:10 Wed 25 Sep 2013
Last Luup Restart: 22:54:43 Wed 25 Sep 2013
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 11:05:26 pm by Beaton303 »

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2013, 04:47:21 am »
I transcribed information from the "My Alerts" Tab in UI5 and the "VeraAlerts Plugin" and "Vera Alerts Android App" to illustrate what I am observing for a CO2 device.  The pressure and noise devices are exhibiting similar behavior.  The transcribed information is in the attached file.  Hope this may shed some insight as to what is happening.

I don't use either of the apps that you mention, but have just been looking at the basic event notification and trigger functionality.  However, your UI5 transcript appears to show the problem.

Two things:
  • What is the value of the 'Version' variable under the Advanced tab of the Netatmo master plugin device?
  • Can you download from Vera 'D_NetatmoCO2.json' and PM me the file (or post) ?/li]
Thanks.

Offline BrianLBeaton

« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2013, 06:29:55 am »
Q1: What is the value of the 'Version' variable under the Advanced tab of the Netatmo master plugin device?
A1: 2013.09.23 @akbooer

Q2: Can you download from Vera 'D_NetatmoCO2.json' and PM me the file (or post) ?
A2: Yes.  File is attached to this reply.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2013, 03:28:32 pm »
What we need now is for a few others to give triggers/notification for pressure/noise/CO2 a go.

Any takers?

Offline Crismaison

« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2013, 03:14:45 pm »
Thx for this great plugin, i just got mine now
Vera lite - Everspring smoke & flood detectors - Fibaro doorsensors - 2 Foscams - Greenwave 6 node smartplug - Several Switches -Netatmo - PLEG - Twilio - DropBoxuploader - FindmyIphone user

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2013, 03:48:43 pm »
Excellent news!

Did you download from Mios Apps ?
If so, you'll need to add some incremental changes from the posts below for the latest functionality.
I am preparing a new release for the App store now.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 04:00:15 pm by akbooer »

Offline Crismaison

« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2013, 04:03:01 pm »
yeah I just figured that out.....but I have the cool icons now

What would be cool, if the icons for CO can change, based on the CO level
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 05:10:57 pm by Crismaison »
Vera lite - Everspring smoke & flood detectors - Fibaro doorsensors - 2 Foscams - Greenwave 6 node smartplug - Several Switches -Netatmo - PLEG - Twilio - DropBoxuploader - FindmyIphone user

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2013, 04:01:41 pm »
What would be cool, if the icons for CO can change, based on the CO level

Yes, that would be cool... so here are some extra icons and an updated Lua file, along with a screen shot of my growing Netatmo farm.

The thresholds are the same as for the actual device:
  • green < 1000 ppm
  • yellow < 2000 ppm
  • red  otherwise
I've also removed the dependence on an external JSON library and improved the HTTP error handling (prompted by my internet connection being intermittent over the last 10 days... thanks to rural UK broadband!)