We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Netatmo Weather Station plugin  (Read 235663 times)

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: Netatmo Weather Station plugin
« Reply #315 on: June 12, 2014, 11:28:20 am »
I currently use "World weather" for those values and I could see myself uninstalling that plugin and just using the netatmo for those values.

Great thoughts.  I'm in exactly the same situation.  The only thing that would then be missing (apart from wind, which, hopefully, Netatmo will rectify in due course) is the forecast.  It would be sad to remove the Weather plugin, since it was the first thing I ever installed. (dataMine was the second, but that has already gone, so I suppose it's par for the course.)

So something like the attached, then?

It works like this:
  • There are new Netatmo device variables (aren't there always?), one for each module, of the form <module name>MaxMin
  • In the example below, the variable OutdoorMaxMin has been set to "1", and so there are now new child devices Outdoor - MaxTemp and Outdoor - MinTemp
  • Each of those child devices is a standard temperature device but has a customised icon and displays the respective date/time information of the measurement
  • The format of the time display is totally customisable, with a local variable DateFormat which is an os.date format string.
  • The default format is European 24-hour style (%H:%M), but in the US you'd want to use (%I:%M %p)

Does this fit the requirements?
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #316 on: June 12, 2014, 11:31:43 am »
I currently use "World weather" for those values and I could see myself uninstalling that plugin and just using the netatmo for those values.

Great thoughts.  I'm in exactly the same situation.  The only thing that would then be missing (apart from wind, which, hopefully, Netatmo will rectify in due course) is the forecast.  It would be sad to remove the Weather plugin, since it was the first thing I ever installed. (dataMine was the second, but that has already gone, so I suppose it's par for the course.)

So something like the attached, then?

It works like this:
  • There are new Netatmo device variables (aren't there always?), one for each module, of the form <module name>MaxMin
  • In the example below, the variable OutdoorMaxMin has been set to "1", and so there are now new child devices Outdoor - MaxTemp and Outdoor - MinTemp
  • Each of those child devices is a standard temperature device but has a customised icon and displays the respective date/time information of the measurement
  • The format of the time display is totally customisable, with a local variable DateFormat which is an os.date format string.
  • The default format is European 24-hour style (%H:%M), but in the US you'd want to use (%I:%M %p)

Does this fit the requirements?

That is awesome :)
VeraLite (Live); ISY 994i (Live); Vera 3 (Waiting to replace VeraLite); Vera Edge (Waiting for all the bugs to be fixed); Xuan StackBox (Testing and waiting for more plugins and for it to mature)
Countless z-wave and insteon devices :D

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #317 on: June 12, 2014, 11:43:08 am »
That is awesome :)

Would you like to try it?

Files attached.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #318 on: June 12, 2014, 11:52:09 am »
So far so good. Only 1 suggestion for this implimentation. I have my sensors all set to F, but all the Min/Max are set to C. Would be nice if it matched.
VeraLite (Live); ISY 994i (Live); Vera 3 (Waiting to replace VeraLite); Vera Edge (Waiting for all the bugs to be fixed); Xuan StackBox (Testing and waiting for more plugins and for it to mature)

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #319 on: June 12, 2014, 11:57:05 am »
So far so good. Only 1 suggestion for this implimentation. I have my sensors all set to F, but all the Min/Max are set to C. Would be nice if it matched.
They should already match... I've obviously made a mistake, but this is why I originally asked for feedback from those using imperial units (it's a pain to test because I have to change units on the Netatmo account and then it screws up my own data logging.)

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #320 on: June 12, 2014, 12:11:23 pm »
They should already match... I've obviously made a mistake, but this is why I originally asked for feedback from those using imperial units (it's a pain to test because I have to change units on the Netatmo account and then it screws up my own data logging.)

I don't mind testing...just shoot files my way and tell me what I need to do (if I need to reset anything because the child devices are already there)

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #321 on: June 12, 2014, 12:25:33 pm »
I don't mind testing...just shoot files my way and tell me what I need to do

Thanks so much.  Try this... (nothing to do but load and restart.)

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #322 on: June 12, 2014, 12:38:14 pm »
I don't mind testing...just shoot files my way and tell me what I need to do

Thanks so much.  Try this... (nothing to do but load and restart.)

Ok, so it now says "(F)" instead of "(C)", but the temps are still in celcius. Could it be that it just needs to wait until it refreshes it's data? I'm just curious if I should wait a bit to see if it corrects itself.

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #323 on: June 12, 2014, 01:06:02 pm »
It worked itself out after a few minutes :) Now get over the DataYours beta thread and fix my issues =P

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #324 on: June 12, 2014, 01:33:27 pm »
It worked itself out after a few minutes :)
Excellent.  Can you just PM me the measurementUnits section of the diagnostics page so that I can check out all the other measurements?

Now get over the DataYours beta thread and fix my issues =P
Strangely enough, I took time out from doing that to address your Netatmo needs (and mine, to be honest.)

From the turnaround time, you can tell that the DataYours issues are MUCH harder.  I'm in the middle of a significant revamp from the ground up.  Would appreciate some discussion on that thread of the issues.  It's all been working for me for many months, but I can tell that others are struggling.  The goal is to have just one configuration parameter - the database location.

guest20975

« Reply #325 on: June 13, 2014, 10:30:53 am »
Akbooer
Added the new files this morning, new child devices created, max and min temps being stored. So far another success many thanks.
David

Offline BrianLBeaton

« Reply #326 on: June 13, 2014, 01:56:26 pm »
@akbooer

What is the intended purpose for the variable Rain gaugeMaxMin as shown in the attached screenshot. 

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #327 on: June 13, 2014, 03:07:34 pm »
What is the intended purpose for the variable Rain gaugeMaxMin as shown in the attached screenshot.
Wow!  Somebody's paying attention!

It doesn't do anything... yet.

Following the semantics of the other modules, it could be used to generate additional child devices (I call these "adopted children") for the extra measurements of the hourly and daily average.  I just didn't suppress it for the rain module, which is the only one which doesn't measure temperature.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 11:40:47 am by akbooer »

Offline Kullematz

« Reply #328 on: June 14, 2014, 07:11:15 am »
Just downloaded all updated (beta) files incl. L_Netatmo.lua dated 2014.06.12 but get allways an "Authorisation failed". If I override L_Netatmo.lua with version dated 2014.02.20, no failture. I don't have a rain gauge installed right now, but don't think this is the problem with the failture. I even deinstalled the App and reinstalled all the beta files, but same problem.   

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #329 on: June 14, 2014, 07:19:04 am »
"...Authorisation failed". If I override L_Netatmo.lua with version dated 2014.02.20, no failture.

Yes, I'm afraid this is an old problem which has resurfaced.  You have either some strange character in your username or password? The problem arises with URL encoding of these characters.  I thought I had cracked it, but it seemed to break for others, so I reverted to my original encoding.

Can you confirm that this might be the problem?