We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Netatmo Weather Station plugin  (Read 235661 times)

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: Netatmo Weather Station plugin
« Reply #465 on: February 20, 2015, 12:44:53 pm »
...and if you want it to look like this the scenegroup x is set to 12
[...]The total height of the device is not changing on the screen so not saving any white space.
That's exactly what I was looking for (aside from losing the white space.)

Ain't this jolly  ::)

Unbelievable, really!
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline patersom82

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #466 on: February 22, 2015, 12:12:28 pm »
You can already use the battery status of the modules in PLEG. Just add them as a device property input in PLEG. You should be able to find them under your main Netatmo device NOT under the individual devices. At least under UI5 this can be done not sure about UI7.

Thanks korttoma.  Not quite sure I can find the battery level as a property of the main device.  See attached from PLEG.  'Home Office' is the main device (USB powered) and 'Bedroom' is the indoor battery-powered device

Offline korttoma

« Reply #467 on: February 22, 2015, 12:55:11 pm »
Not sure why you can not see battery status since I can.

I'm on version: 2014.11.12

Can you see the variables under e advance tab for the Netatmo plugin device?

- Tomas

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #468 on: February 22, 2015, 01:11:35 pm »
Thanks for this great plugin!
Hi there, and welcome to the forum!

I noticed that the user name (which is an email address) was given a blue color by Internet Explorer after leaving the field: did IE somehow recognize it as an email address and turn it into a hyperlink? In my last attempt, I re-installed and reconfigured everything in Chrome, and it worked! Maybe others can benefit from this experience.
This is a great observation, and certainly one which may help others.  I never use IE, so hadn't come across this problem!

One minor question: I am using Imperihome, and since it has its own Netatmo support I have added my system without going through Vera. Nevertheless, most sensors also show up in Imperihome as Vera sensors, thanks to your plugin. There is one sensor though that doesn't show up in this way, and that is the rain sensor. It's not a huge thing for me, but would be nice if this can be addressed in the future...
I can't speak for Imperihome (since, again, I don't use it) but if you're saying that the rain sensor does not appear on the Vera devices UI, then I might suggest that the ChildSensors variable of the master Netatmo device should include the letter "R" (the string I use is "THCPNR", for everything.)  Alternatively, the RainChildren variable should contain the rain measurements of interest (I use SumRain24) and then the child device(s) will be created on the next restart.

Thanks for all these comments and observations - it all really helps to make the user experience better for everyone!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 01:17:05 pm by akbooer »
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #469 on: February 22, 2015, 01:16:22 pm »

Indeed, this might be a version problem - there ought to be a fair number more variables than that showing on your menu (temperature max/min, module child devices, ...).  Are they simply scrolled off the list?

Offline patersom82

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #470 on: February 22, 2015, 01:27:11 pm »

Thanks @korttoma and @akbooer!

It looks like I am on an old version:

OK, so my next stupid question is: how do I update the App?  There?s an auto-update box on the plugin control page, but it won?t let me tick the box.

Offline mvzut

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #471 on: February 23, 2015, 03:52:07 am »
I can't speak for Imperihome (since, again, I don't use it) but if you're saying that the rain sensor does not appear on the Vera devices UI, then I might suggest that the ChildSensors variable of the master Netatmo device should include the letter "R" (the string I use is "THCPNR", for everything.)  Alternatively, the RainChildren variable should contain the rain measurements of interest (I use SumRain24) and then the child device(s) will be created on the next restart.
The rain sensor DOES show up in Vera, and I can indeed add extra sensors, e.g. the SumRain24 as you mentioned using the RainCHildren parameter. Nevertheless, they are not listed in Imperihome under my Vera system, in contrast to all other sensors (temperatures, humidity, pressure, CO2, noise).

Before Netatmo I had a 433 MHz rain sensor (using a RFXtrx module), which did show up in Imperihome. I am not a programmer, but could there be something in the device's XML file (D_NetatmoRain.xml) that makes it behave differently in this respect than the other sensors and my previous rain sensor?
Vera Edge - 5 x Zwave module (switch/door/water/siren) - RFXtrx interface - ~30 KAKU modules (switch/PIR/smoke) - Netatmo - 6 x Philips Hue - P1 Smart Meter - Opentherm Gateway - Logitech Harmony Hub - 2 x Foscam R2 - 2 x Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-I - Imperihome

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #472 on: February 23, 2015, 06:09:11 am »
The rain sensor DOES show up in Vera, and I can indeed add extra sensors, e.g. the SumRain24 as you mentioned using the RainCHildren parameter. Nevertheless, they are not listed in Imperihome under my Vera system, in contrast to all other sensors (temperatures, humidity, pressure, CO2, noise).
OK, good, you can get Vera child devices for the sensors you want...

Before Netatmo I had a 433 MHz rain sensor (using a RFXtrx module), which did show up in Imperihome. I am not a programmer, but could there be something in the device's XML file (D_NetatmoRain.xml) that makes it behave differently in this respect than the other sensors and my previous rain sensor?
...but bad that you can't get Rain on Imperihome.  All the non-standard measurements (that it, the ones for which there is no Vera supplied device: Pressure, Noise, CO2, Rain) display their data as Generic Sensors, with a serviceId of urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:GenericSensor1 and variable name CurrrentLevel, so from my end, I really can't see anything to distinguish rain from all the others.

Offline mvzut

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #473 on: February 23, 2015, 07:07:05 am »
All the non-standard measurements (that it, the ones for which there is no Vera supplied device: Pressure, Noise, CO2, Rain) display their data as Generic Sensors, with a serviceId of urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:GenericSensor1 and variable name CurrrentLevel, so from my end, I really can't see anything to distinguish rain from all the others.
What if I changed serviceId into "RainSensor1" (and SCPDURL into "S_RainSensor1.xml") which my previous 433 MHz rain sensor used? See file in attachment in case you don't have this, don't know if it's standard or if it came with my RFXtrx plugin. I guess I could just try it out myself. Probably the .json file has to be changed then as well, changing CurrentLevel into CurrentRain...
Vera Edge - 5 x Zwave module (switch/door/water/siren) - RFXtrx interface - ~30 KAKU modules (switch/PIR/smoke) - Netatmo - 6 x Philips Hue - P1 Smart Meter - Opentherm Gateway - Logitech Harmony Hub - 2 x Foscam R2 - 2 x Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-I - Imperihome

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #474 on: February 23, 2015, 07:30:47 am »
Hi akbooer, mvzut,

I can confirm that in ImperiHone I also only see the temp and humidity devices, not the rain one. Maybe ImperiHome has some knowledge of the first two and not the latter. All others show up nicely too.

Also checked in AutHomationHD and there the temp and humidity as showing nicely, but pressure, noise, Co2 and rain are showing as a non-standard one. The Vera Android app show the same result.

Problem seems that you never can predict how things show in the apps. For each the app developer seems to need to add code to handle it. There may be some hidden magic I have yet to uncover. I did find that ImperiHome often does not show a non-standard device at all where AutHomationHD will show it, but has no or limited controls.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline mvzut

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #475 on: February 23, 2015, 07:35:56 am »
Hi Rene,

You are probably right. But I still have some hope to fix it for Imperihome, since it recognizes the other sensors so nicely (even noise, complete with nice icon, which I wouldn't have expected as I don't know of any Z-wave sensors that measure noise).

Why go through all this trouble, since Imperihome already has support for Netatmo directly? Simply because I don't like their (fixed) choice for showing only the current rainfall (mm/h) and the total rainfall of the last month. I would like some more flexibility there, which going via Vera could bring.

Martijn
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 07:41:03 am by mvzut »

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #476 on: February 23, 2015, 08:07:37 am »
Problem seems that you never can predict how things show in the apps. For each the app developer seems to need to add code to handle it.

It's for precisely this reason that I've converged on using Generic Sensor, in the absence of any UPnP (or Vera / Luup) standard for these measurements.  Some apps cope well with recognised serviceIds even when they're attached to an unknown or new device type.  Other apps simply look for known device types.

There have been sporadic efforts between developers to standardize on such things, see http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,11815.0.html, including specifically weather measurements, but it all seems to be too hard to pull together.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #477 on: February 23, 2015, 10:16:02 am »
What if I changed serviceId into "RainSensor1" (and SCPDURL into "S_RainSensor1.xml") which my previous 433 MHz rain sensor used? See file in attachment in case you don't have this, don't know if it's standard or if it came with my RFXtrx plugin. I guess I could just try it out myself. Probably the .json file has to be changed then as well, changing CurrentLevel into CurrentRain...

No, that won't work, because the Netatmo app specifically writes the result to serviceId urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:GenericSensor1 and variable name CurrrentLevel.

What you can do, however, is a quick experiment to see if Imperihome will pick up the value if you create a serviceId and variable matching the RainSensor1 / CurrentRain combination that worked previously, setting it to some reasonable value using the Add button on the Advanced tab of the Netatmo rain device.

IF Imperihome displays this, THEN I would be happy to add this as an extra variable to the rain child device.  What I can't do is change anything that I have already.

Offline korttoma

« Reply #478 on: February 23, 2015, 11:57:00 pm »
OK, so my next stupid question is: how do I update the App?  There?s an auto-update box on the plugin control page, but it won?t let me tick the box.

To Update Netatmo plugin

Localy

http://YourVeraIP:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=4456

Remotely

https://<remoteaddress>/<username>/<password>/<veraID>/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=4456

remoteaddress example: fwd7.mios.com
- Tomas

Offline mvzut

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #479 on: February 24, 2015, 06:36:14 am »
What you can do, however, is a quick experiment to see if Imperihome will pick up the value if you create a serviceId and variable matching the RainSensor1 / CurrentRain combination that worked previously, setting it to some reasonable value using the Add button on the Advanced tab of the Netatmo rain device.

IF Imperihome displays this, THEN I would be happy to add this as an extra variable to the rain child device.  What I can't do is change anything that I have already.

Tried it, doesn't seem to help. Sigh...
Never mind, I am going to leave this alone for now, and start focusing on more important things in life  ;)