Author Topic: Netatmo Weather Station plugin  (Read 204156 times)

Offline STAIK

Re: Netatmo Weather Station plugin
« Reply #645 on: January 07, 2018, 02:59:55 am »
Thanks you!

Now I have the child devices max, min and SumRain... for the different Child Devices.
Thanks very much, and a very fast answer to my question!

The plugin is really great! I would probably not have bought Netatmo without this plugin to Vera!

Offline gdme

« Reply #646 on: January 08, 2018, 06:50:42 am »
Just a FYI that I was having trouble setting up my new NetAtmo with Vera and couldn't figure out why

I was getting "Can't detect device" errors.

Searching through this thread I was able to eventually find the luup logs and found that I hadn't named my outdoor module during NetAtmo setup - this caused a NIL response to be returned to the name of the module which caused the NetAtmo plugin to fail to load.

Logging in to the NetAtmo web page and naming my outdoor module properly and then rebooting my Vera (to fast-tract the next poll) resolved the issue.

Hope this helps others in the future.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #647 on: January 08, 2018, 07:59:50 am »
...found that I hadn't named my outdoor module during NetAtmo setup

Thanks for that... I'll try to fix that in the next update.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline Erik01

« Reply #648 on: January 21, 2018, 05:25:37 am »
I have the Netatmo plugin running. There is the main icon with the green indicator and it is updating every 10 minutes.
But there are no child devices, so no single reading of temperature, CO2 etc.

I use Vera Ui7. Version of the app is 2017.01.16. All icons (from Github) are in /www/cmh/skins/default/img/devices/device_states/
Other files are in /etc/cmh_ludl/ (with a .lzo extention)
I thought that the child devices were created automatically?
What can I do?

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #649 on: January 21, 2018, 06:23:23 am »
As I said in response to your previous post...

The child devices are defined as per this recent post in the Netatmo sub-forum

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,16276.msg339142.html#msg339142
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline Erik01

« Reply #650 on: January 21, 2018, 07:08:20 am »
Sorry, I try to understand this.
When I go to the device list it is empty.

Diagnostics:
NETATMO CONFIGURATION PAGE at Sun Jan 21 13:07:08 2018

NetatmoConfig = {
  "devices":[],
  "user":{
    "administrative":{
      "country":"NL",
      "feel_like_algo":0,
      "lang":"nl-NL",
      "pressureunit":0,
      "reg_locale":"nl-NL",
      "unit":0,
      "windunit":0
    },
    "mail":"xxxxxxxxx@outlook.com"
  }
}

StationInfo = []

VERSION = 2017.01.16  @akbooer

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #651 on: January 21, 2018, 07:12:14 am »
Well, that looks like it's not receiving any device information from the Netatmo web server, so the problem is not the child device configuration it's communication with the server.

Have you edited this listing?

Offline Erik01

« Reply #652 on: January 21, 2018, 07:13:03 am »
only the mail address

Offline Erik01

« Reply #653 on: January 21, 2018, 08:21:22 am »
Solved it!
My new station was connected to a wrong mail address. :-[
Now I added the mail address I use in de Netatmo API as extra 'administrator' for this new station.
Restarted the engine and YES there are the devices for CO2, temperature etc. :)

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #654 on: January 21, 2018, 08:23:26 am »
Good news... thought it had to be something basic, but they're always the hardest problems to find!

Offline npapailiou

« Reply #655 on: May 23, 2018, 10:35:43 am »
Hi,
I see that this topic is inactive for some time now. However, maybe someone watches and can provide help.
I have the Netatmo and I am trying to install the plugin but with no success. I uploaded the latest files from https://github.com/akbooer/Netatmo/tree/development, I have username and password but I get a message
System error : Device: 1193. Fail to load implementation file D_Netatmo.xml
Netatmo : Lua error

I use UI7 Veralite. I get the message only after uploading the updated files, not before.
Moreover, I cannot find out how to Register at http://dev.netatmo.com/ and get the clientid and the clientsecret. The form asks me for the app name and description, I don't know if there have been changes since the last topic post.
Thanks in advance for any help

Offline Kositch

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #656 on: June 10, 2018, 09:04:34 am »
Hello,

I am trying to make Netatmo Plugin work, but I am not successful. I can't use native Netatmo cloud-to-cloud because I have Windgauge and it is not working properly on my Vera (known issue).

I have installed Netatmo plugin from Appstore. I have uploaded all files from this GitHub https://github.com/akbooer/Netatmo/tree/development using Develop Apps - Luup Files - Upload. I have rebooted Vera. It still tells me I have old version 4.20160128 (in Variable there is already version 2018.02) in My Apps screen. I have recreated device Netatmo, I have entered variables Client ID and Client Secret. I don't have any Username and Password variable visible (known issue) so I added it via New Service. All credentials show filled in if I look on: http://10.0.0.130:3480/data_request?id=status&output_format=xml&DeviceNum=26. But nothing happens, no child devices are created and Netatmo device still tells me Netatmo.Cant.Detect.Device error. When I go back to Variables after a while, they are empty, like all the credentials are erased after a while.

I am quite frustrated. My Netatmo password has only alphanumeric characters.

Update: Restarted Vera and now all sensor are up and running :-) I have uploaded latest icon set using Win SCP and on WWW interface it looks great. Only problem is iOS app - there is only temperature showed with correct values, other sensor are there showed as Z-way device without any value, any advice on that?

Thanks for any help. I include screenshots.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 12:25:50 pm by Kositch »

Offline lisam77

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #657 on: July 01, 2018, 12:05:13 am »
Hi, I am trying to connect my Netatmo weather station with my new Vera Plus.  It's the first device I'm attempting to connect.

My weather station is just basic at the moment - base (indoor), and outdoor.  More to come, but I just want to at least see something in my Vera dashboard for now.

I was following along with a youtube video and installed the Netatmo app.  It shows in my device with an error and says can't detect device, which is explained as expected first time up.  Going in to the app and in to advanced/variables (as my guide is telling me) I see something slightly different...

The guide has blurred the details in the variables screen so I can't see the version, but the guide was uploaded August last year.  The next rows are username, password, token refresh, etc

I have version (2016.01.26 @akbooer) which I believe is old - how do I update?  I see links and downloads, but how do I get it in to my system (can't the app be updated so it installs as current?).  Assuming that doesn't totally fix things, the next rows I have are client id and client secret.  I have no username or password row, it goes straight to token refresh.

The client id and client secret text boxes are populated with 'Register at http://dev.netatmo.com/'.  That site seems to think I'm going to create an app, which is getting way out of my depth!  I got an alert telling me of incorrect authentication information.

I came across a post in the forums that mentioned having to enable something in the Netatmo settings, but I can't find anything in there (standard dashboard site).

Edit: I have sorted out client id and client secret, and enabled on Netatmo.  But it still isn't connected, and I still don't have fields for username and password.

I hope someone can help - I thought this would be straightforward, like adding a skill in the Alexa app.  I can follow step by step instructions if I have them, but only if they match what I'm seeing... where do I find client id and client secret (which sound so much like username and password, but I tried typing in my Netatmo username and password and obviously that didn't work).

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 12:54:55 am by lisam77 »

Offline lisam77

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #658 on: July 03, 2018, 12:11:56 am »
So this one was a case of confusion for me, and not quite enough information in any one place.  The guide I was following had fields in different places, and logging in to 'create an app' threw me entirely.  In case it helps anyone else in future:

I was using this youtube guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI1zNPNSj6s&index=59&list=WL&t=472s (instructions start around 3:20 in).

In the dashboard I went to apps/install apps/Netatmo: Details --> devices (Netatmo will show error)/Netatmo/Advanced/Variables.

In my dashboard the 2nd and 3rd row were Client ID and Client Secret, and there was no Username or Password row.

To get Client ID and Client Secret go to dev.netatmo.com and register (create app) - scroll down the page and you'll find them - enter them in the respective fields in Vera.

Username and password refer to your Netatmo username and password.  I still had no fields for them so I used the advice given by the developer of the plugin in a different thread:

Type this into the UI page at Apps > Develop apps > TestLuup code (Lua)

Code: [Select]
luup.variable_set ("urn:akbooer-com:serviceId:Netatmo1", "Username", "XXX", DDD)
luup.variable_set ("urn:akbooer-com:serviceId:Netatmo1", "Password", "YYY", DDD)

where:
  • DDD - is the device number of your Netatmo plugin
  • XXX - is your Netatmo account username
  • YYY - is your Netatmo account password (avoid special characters)

then press GO.

I didn't have a problem with special characters.  Device number is shown on the 'params' tab of Devices/Netatmo/Advanced (it's the default tab before you click on 'variables'.  For me it was '5'.

It's still showing as the older version but doesn't seem to be hurting in  any way.  I still don't know how to update that...

Since then I've added a second indoor module with no problems on the Vera end.  Next will be my rain and wind gauges!  And in the not too distant future I should have enough devices to start playing with scenes!

Offline korttoma

• Keep it simple, stupid
« Reply #659 on: July 03, 2018, 04:51:32 am »
Latest files can be found from here -> https://github.com/akbooer/Netatmo/tree/development
- Tomas