We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Netatmo Weather Station plugin  (Read 225869 times)

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: Netatmo Weather Station plugin
« Reply #720 on: February 04, 2019, 09:11:39 am »
Thanks indeed for independent confirmation of this!

It used not to happen, so something in the data structure must be different.  I just haven't tracked it down quite yet.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline Dan-n-Randy

Fixed problem with square icons and no data!!!
« Reply #721 on: February 05, 2019, 09:12:36 pm »
Totally solved my issue with only getting the square icons and no data on my child devices!!!

Thanks,
Randy :)

Hi,

Just sorted it out, I changed the Device-json field on Device-Advanced-Variables to D_NetatmoMetric.json and now works perfectly except all data from my other weather stations is also shown, is there a way to only show weather station data from a specific house?

TasoM

Offline PrincessCleavage

« Reply #722 on: February 17, 2019, 06:06:48 am »
I can confirm this... Battery of Rainmodule was flat, replaced it, restarted Vera... all back to normal again.
So Flat battery can cause the startup /initialize issues.

Opened my Vera interface this morning and noticed that the Netatmo plugin had not got any values for the last 2 hours.
Engine Reload results in "Startup Lua Failed" (tried multiple times).
Strange since the Netatmo station updates just fine @ https://my.netatmo.com/app/station
No errors @ https://dev.netatmo.com

I will have to wait until I get home so I can try restarting the Netatmo Station.

I believe that I have found, and partially fixed, this intermittent problem.

It appears to happen when the Netatmo base station loses contact, for whatever reason, with an external module for a period of time.  This seems, despite what Netatmo say, to cause some data to be missing from the periodic update of station measurements.

What this now means (post fix) is that if a station is missing during a Luup reload, and you have configured the plugin to show that measurement as a child device, then that child device will be missing and Luup restarted once again.

If you reload at a letter time and the missing data is back, a new child device (with a different device number) will be created.

This seems to be the best I can do at the moment. 

The update is in the latest GitHub development branch.
Thanks, I also had a flat wind module and Netatmo Vera app staying startup Lua failed.
Replaced battery and Vera reload fixed it but pretty slack how lup engine can be so easily effected by non existing child device. I also get failed to start luup engine when a http endpoint I call in a scene is not available, bloody silly and difficult to troubleshoot as logs are very vague.

Offline 3rdStng

« Reply #723 on: March 14, 2019, 02:41:41 pm »
Ugh... I was just bit with this Lua Startup Failed issue. I bought a second Netatmo station for my cabin and configured it as a second station/home. I then boxed it back up for when I head to the cabin within the next few weeks. This morning I restarted my ZWave engine and "Lua Startup Failed". I needed to plug the station back in to clear the message. I hope a solution can be found soon. Once installed in my cabin, I won't be able to power cycle it in the event there is an issue. I suppose I could the unit on a smart plug and restart it via Vera. Seems a bit much though.

Offline PrincessCleavage

« Reply #724 on: March 16, 2019, 10:06:31 pm »
Does anyone have a workaround for the failed to start lua as this is very painful to troubleshoot when you don?t have physical access?

Offline 3rdStng

« Reply #725 on: March 16, 2019, 11:30:49 pm »
Make sure all of your Netatmo devices are online, fresh batteries, and reporting to Netatmo. Without physical access, I'm thinking about getting a smart switch that I can reboot my main unit at my cabin.
Outside of that, I hope that a workaround can be programmed into the plugin to skip the missing node data.