Author Topic: RainMachine  (Read 27452 times)

Offline Aaron

Re: RainMachine
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 11:12:57 pm »
If you hack the api and get a plugin for Vera,  I think a lot of people will be interested.  I will.  Looks like an OK price for 12 zones with the features.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Offline qwen3579

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 03:47:59 pm »
Just asked them again about the API -

Hi Robert,

The API is still in active development but we do not have any ETA yet.
When it will be ready we will announce it at http://www.rainmachine.com/help.php

Thank you,
Mihai

Offline tzontchev

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 02:15:22 pm »
I do have it in Spain, and so far so good. I do use  it with my android devices and Chrome browser.  They just released a new android app.  I am controlling it from Canada and I can say that I like it.  I do not see any point integrating it with Vera for now.

Offline Jasonejc

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 10:38:39 pm »
I can't say that I agree with that at all.. I really want integration wit Vera for many reasons.. notifications, PLEG, triggering zones at will when I'm planting in the yard.. etc. etc. etc. did I mention PLEG??

The iPhone app stinks.. and thee is no option for Windows Phone.. which is my 1st choice.. We need Vera integration.

-Jasone 

Offline Aaron

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 01:30:08 am »
seems like the device is pretty self contained... not sure why you'd need PLEG integration if the intelligence is built in the device to adjust the watering schedule itself based on weather, etc. What notifications do you need?  "I watered, just like you programmed me to" ;-)  jk

Offline tzontchev

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 09:56:04 am »
It is a nice unit, at least for me, but I need to find a way to monitor water consumption in case of line break. Any suggestion on this?

Offline Aaron

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2014, 11:53:54 am »
It is a nice unit, at least for me, but I need to find a way to monitor water consumption in case of line break. Any suggestion on this?

Someone is developing a zwave flow meter... do a quick search to find it. There are non-zwave versions you could also wire in different ways to get the info to Vera if you want to DIY it.

Offline tzontchev

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2014, 05:48:55 pm »

Someone is developing a zwave flow meter... do a quick search to find it. There are non-zwave versions you could also wire in different ways to get the info to Vera if you want to DIY it.

I was not able to find it.  There is Secure SWM 301, but I have never seen anybody installing it and giving a feedback.   Thank you anyway.

Offline qwen3579

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 11:58:56 am »

very interested in integrating this into my system because of how horrible the app is.

They recently updated the Android app and it is a great improvement over the old one. Much faster and looks good too! If you're on iOS (get on a better OS!  ;D ) they're preparing an app update in May.

http://www.rainmachine.com/help.php

Offline Tubal

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2014, 11:36:02 am »
seems like the device is pretty self contained... not sure why you'd need PLEG integration if the intelligence is built in the device to adjust the watering schedule itself based on weather, etc. What notifications do you need?  "I watered, just like you programmed me to" ;-)  jk

One reason would be so you can hook up a motion detector and spray those damn rabbits when they come to eat your greens :(

Offline bformato

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 08:22:27 am »
Having researched all of the available smart irrigation controllers I purchased the Rachio Iro.  It seems to have the most advanced intelligence.  The system is wifi based, so it won't directly integrate with a Vera hub, but it doesn't have to.

Here is a review of the product:  http://www.groovemgmt.com/rachio-iro-review.html

http://www.groovemgmt.com/rachio-iro-review.html

Offline GadgetGuy

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2014, 02:42:19 pm »
Ciprian,
Is there any updates on the API yet?

Thanks mate,
Michael

Offline Mgsmith75

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2014, 08:38:34 am »
I emailed them yesterday and they said it was delayed and had no ETA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline NickTheGreat

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 11:06:58 am »
End of February . . . I guess they didn't specify the year   ::)

Offline rayp

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2014, 10:27:19 am »
End of February . . . I guess they didn't specify the year   ::)

Yeah I keep bugging them too, same response. It's August now so I guess its not the month...but the year...lol
I have seen them doing small updates to the F/W and improving the Apps. I would be a happy camper with regard to my home automation if I could get this and my Honeywell wifi thermostat (pending API there too) interfaced through MCV.