Author Topic: Device failed to configure  (Read 11662 times)

Offline Cor

Device failed to configure
« on: September 05, 2013, 03:31:44 pm »
Hello,

I was playing with the fibaro universal sensor, I had some issues with it . I reset the device , included it again.
All was fine, but than I clicked the "configure node right now"on the child devices ..... they stay red and say "device failed to configure"  , the "parent" is still fine , and both childs are working as they should , they just show this error message.

Resetting the vera lite didn't help , pressing the configure now on the parent doesn't help either.

How can I get this error message away?

Thanks,
Cor

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
Re: Device failed to configure
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 11:41:28 pm »
do z-wave heal and dont configure child nodes lol
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline Cor

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 03:25:56 am »
Did that last night, but still the same :-s

Cor

Offline chixxi

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 04:45:42 am »
do z-wave heal and dont configure child nodes lol
I don't think that is something to lol about. It is just stupid from mcv to allow to try to configure child devices, something like this should be prevented by the UI.

However, is there a general solution if you once tried to configure a child device which is now marked read? Cause a heal didn't help...

I have a child device (Motion Sensor from EZMotion 3in1) which works jsut fine, but it is also marked in red "Device failed to configure".
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline Cor

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 04:52:51 am »
@ Chixxi,   for how long is that status now on your vera?  I guess it doesn't go away by it's own  :-[

Offline chixxi

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 05:30:44 am »
I guess about 6 month or so, a very very long time. Not going away by itself.
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline Cor

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 05:34:14 am »
Crap  :-\

So , what are the options , remove-reset them and include them again, open a ticket with MCV? something else?

The vera lite and universal sensor is completely build in, outside nera my gate ..... it is lots of work to get to the devices  :-\

Cor

Offline chixxi

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 05:43:07 am »
Well you know, it isn't really a big problem since the my sensor is working just fine. And since I only use the vera webinterface to configure and not to control I don't really care about it. Was just wondering if there is a straight forward solution.

Excluding and including the device sounds simple, but it is used in a hole lot of scenes, and all of these would have to be reconfigured too then. For this reason I don't like this approach.

EDIT:
I just changed the child devices variable "Configured" from -3 to one, looks better now, error is gone. But I have to check if it still works when I get home.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 05:45:45 am by chixxi »

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 08:43:37 am »
Did you try to restore a backup from the before you tried to heal ?

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 08:57:16 am »
chixxi ur right its not that lol if you have a dozen devices connected to it and you experience problems with it
i had this error in config before and i deleted the childdevice and press configure on the main device if i remember well.
after setting the Configured parameter in main device to 0 . seems to make the child-device do its job again ok.
probably setting Configured to 0 will do. no need for deleting the child-devices.
think ur right about that one should not be able to reconfigure child-devices . its useless to do that but its nice to have the possibility to set parameters in child-devices. i used this many times on my 2 6-port powernodes.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:02:10 am by Da_JoJo »
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline chixxi

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 11:33:30 am »
Did you try to restore a backup from the before you tried to heal ?

I'd never accept such a huge risk for such a small error which basically doesn't matter. Whenever I do things like restoring from backups or updating firmwares and stuff like that I am close to a nervous breakdown, that is how much I trust mcv and their software.  :'(

Offline Cor

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 09:24:43 am »
EDIT:
I just changed the child devices variable "Configured" from -3 to one, looks better now, error is gone. But I have to check if it still works when I get home.

Did this work?

@ RichardTSchaefer : I am a little bit afraid of restoring a back up as well ..... especially for such a small issue.

probably setting Configured to 0 will do. no need for deleting the child-devices.

I might try this.

Cor

Offline mikesus

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 09:56:50 am »
I have seen this on battery devices... The seem to work fine tho?

Offline Cor

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 10:26:44 am »
@ mikesus:
.......... , the "parent" is still fine , and both childs are working as they should , they just show this error message.

Offline chixxi

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 05:38:25 am »

It has been a while ago since I tried this, the error has never reoccured and all child an parent devices work just fine. So for me this is fixed.