Author Topic: HAL not recognising commands all of a sudden  (Read 2426 times)

Offline mikee123

HAL not recognising commands all of a sudden
« on: September 06, 2013, 05:08:13 pm »
My HAL suddenly stopped working. It does not recognise any commands any more. For example. I checked my master bedroom temperature (device is called temperature master bedroom) 30 mins ago, with 'temperature master bedroom status' and got the temperature. All fine. Just asked again, and although the command is properly recognised, there is no associated command. So i tried other devices (which worked before). None of them work, although when i look what is being recognised, it is correct ! So i checked in rooms all devices, everything is there. Rebooted my Nexus 7, tried again, nothing. So speech recognition is working fine, but for some reason nonen of my devices seem to be associated/recognised. I have not used the tablet for anything in between, as i only use it for testing HAL.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
Re: HAL not recognising commands all of a sudden
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 06:12:14 pm »
Check the help file to see what devices it recognizes ... looks like it lost connection to Vera.

Offline mikee123

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 06:32:29 pm »
Not sure where to find the help file. When I am in Hal, i go onto help, then rooms, all rooms, all my devices are there. I cannot find another help file ?
I just uninstalled and reinstalled Hal, same problem. Very strange. In the settings, all my Vera settings are there and seem fine (I connect through a local LAN)
I am new to Anroid, and after uninstalling and reinstalling, the two commands i did set up in dictionary are still there, so the uninstall did not get rid of everything, so that is probably one reason why that did not solve the problem
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 06:40:18 pm by mikee123 »

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 06:50:00 pm »
You can turn on logging ... then send me the log file.
The log file is on your SDCard in a directory called HAL.
Also the Dictionary file is there if you want to delete it.

Offline mikee123

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 12:26:19 pm »
I do not have a sd card, so i accessed my Nexus via the PC. I have found a folder HAL. Nothing in there which could be a debug log file. I have turned on debugging and tried a few voice commands to get something in teh log file. In HAL, debug, i have the following options:
General, general details, Vera IO, Vera IO details, Analysis, Analysis details, which i had all turned on before using HAL to get a debug log. It must be stored somewhere else, its just where...

Offline mikee123

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 03:07:53 pm »
I have uninstalled HAL, the deleted the HAL folder (there was no log file there anyway), reinstalled amd it seems to be working. Still dont know how to get the dictionary working.