Author Topic: First Alert CO/Fire Detector  (Read 92499 times)

Offline bdevaux

Re: First Alert CO/Fire Detector
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2013, 12:19:11 pm »
i made mine show up as a smoke detector as seen in earlier post and i was in the same boat as you guys that there were no notifications. i hope this gets fixed this was a great find at lowes and i would love this added feature to my set up

Offline BrianLBeaton

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2013, 12:39:03 pm »
Open battery tray.  Hold test button.  Insert battery tray while holding test button.  Release test button after unit beeps once.  Press Configure node now.  May need to repeat a few times.

Offline bdevaux

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2013, 02:53:48 pm »
thanks that woke it up
Open battery tray.  Hold test button.  Insert battery tray while holding test button.  Release test button after unit beeps once.  Press Configure node now.  May need to repeat a few times.

Offline Lonestar10

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2013, 08:12:21 pm »
MCV Support also configured mine so that it now properly displays as a _Smoke Sensor.

Unfortunately, the detector does not trigger an alarm (in Vera) or send a notification when exposed to smoke.
IU5 Vera 3 - VeraLite - Trane Thermostats x3 - Kwikset - Schlage - Nest - GE & Leviton Switches

Offline bdevaux

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 07:02:00 am »
welcome to the club :P

Offline JS007

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2013, 12:11:44 am »
the zcombo is not working for me on the veralite either, I have tried and tried to register, but never finds it

seems like it should be simple, just press and hold button in, close battery compartment, remove finger... but just doesn't work
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 12:16:43 am by JS007 »

Offline bdevaux

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2013, 08:49:25 am »
been talking with mios support all week and this is where we are at
"I discussed this with one of my colleagues from the development team and we need to investigate it further.
Because this smoke sensor is a newer device it might use custom z-wave command classes and we need to add support for them."

Offline Lonestar10

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2013, 01:27:21 pm »
It's interesting that the instructions for the ZCOMBO mention that it works with other zwave products, the Zwave logo does not appear on the packaging or the device.
IU5 Vera 3 - VeraLite - Trane Thermostats x3 - Kwikset - Schlage - Nest - GE & Leviton Switches

Offline JS007

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2013, 03:06:00 pm »
I could not find the zsmoke or zcombo on the first alert web site, but did find this quote

"As the most trusted and recognized brand in home safety, we're proud to have released this connected smoke alarm as the 900th Z-Wave product. In addition, we at First Alert have released another product, in the form of a combination smoke and carbon monoxide alarm, and we look forward to developing more products that utilize Z-Wave technology," says Sara DeLuca, product manager at First Alert.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/z-wave-sets-another-market-110000628.html

Offline JS007

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2013, 03:09:05 pm »
been talking with mios support all week and this is where we are at
"I discussed this with one of my colleagues from the development team and we need to investigate it further.
Because this smoke sensor is a newer device it might use custom z-wave command classes and we need to add support for them."

thanks for the update, good to hear not just my smoke alarm, thought maybe I got a defective one
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 03:11:29 pm by JS007 »

Offline Lonestar10

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2013, 04:55:15 pm »
I could not find the zsmoke or zcombo on the first alert web site, but did find this quote

"As the most trusted and recognized brand in home safety, we're proud to have released this connected smoke alarm as the 900th Z-Wave product. In addition, we at First Alert have released another product, in the form of a combination smoke and carbon monoxide alarm, and we look forward to developing more products that utilize Z-Wave technology," says Sara DeLuca, product manager at First Alert.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/z-wave-sets-another-market-110000628.html

This is very encouraging news!

Offline JS007

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 12:46:26 pm »
my zcombo was seen today by Vera lite, but shows as urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:avmisc:1

so getting closer

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2013, 09:34:10 am »
FYI, For those that don't need or want the CO2 part, Lowes also carries the Smoke Detector only version of this, the "ZSMOKE" for $29.97. I'm anxious to see it work in VERA, i plan to replace all six of my existing smoke detectors once it works.
Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2013, 01:47:34 pm »
I picked up a "ZSMOKE" unit at Lowes this afternoon. Set it up according to the product insert and the notes in this thread and low and behold --- nothing. I tried several setup cycles to no avail. It does not show "Waiting for Wakeup ..." so maybe its progress. Attached is the current "Settings" screen so it looks like it did something. Hitting "configure Now" or "Poll" results in "Delivery Failure."

At this point I'm not sure where it stands. In trying to build a scene or set a trigger or notification it does not appear as a device and of course there are no options at this point.
Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline bdevaux

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2013, 04:17:37 pm »
just like the rest of us, we need to wait for the device to be supported by vera