Author Topic: First Alert CO/Fire Detector  (Read 92330 times)

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
Re: First Alert CO/Fire Detector
« Reply #315 on: October 17, 2017, 05:13:16 pm »
I've had mine for about a year and a half now. Today it started chirping indicating low battery. I checked the device in Vera and it's reporting that the battery level is at 77%. After replacing the batteries the chirping stopped so apparently the batteries were low and not at 77% capacity as Vera indicated. Any idea why the reading would be so far off?

I have had the same issue on HOMESEER so I think the problem is not on the vera side but rather the smoke alarm side.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #316 on: October 17, 2017, 08:41:15 pm »
I've had mine for about a year and a half now. Today it started chirping indicating low battery. I checked the device in Vera and it's reporting that the battery level is at 77%. After replacing the batteries the chirping stopped so apparently the batteries were low and not at 77% capacity as Vera indicated. Any idea why the reading would be so far off?

Depending on the battery design and the detector algorithm for reporting voltage, it can be wildly inaccurate.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline dzmiller

« Reply #317 on: October 20, 2017, 03:56:51 pm »

Battery is not reported correctly on these devices.

Offline chuck1026

Re: First Alert CO/Fire Detector - Works like a charm - here are the steps!!!
« Reply #318 on: November 09, 2017, 08:53:05 am »
How to add First Alert Smoke and CO Alarm Model # ZCOMBO to your Vera 3
1.   Login to your Web dashboard at https://home.getvera.com/users/login
2.   Go to Devices
3.   Click on + Add Device
4.   Click on the + sign to expand Additional Devices
5.   Click on the + sign to expand Sensors
6.   Scroll down to Smoke and CO Sensor ZCombo-GEN3
7.   Follow the Instructions on your screen
8.   Enjoy!

for those who curious, manufacturing date on my detector was 2015 Jul9

I just got two of these.  First one paired great just following the instructions in Vera to add the device.  The second one still gives me a "Device Failed to Configure" message.  I tried hitting test to wake it up and no help.  Unpaired and paired several more times and no effect.  I tried the above Xainto method and it just said "Setting Special Association" and I lost the CO detector device.  MFR date is 26 Jan 2016.  I guess I'll just set it up and see if it fixes itself, which I doubt.

I had difficulty getting mine to work following a battery change. I tried charettepa's method... but what worked was a tweak of his steps...
you need to:
First: Put the smoke alarm back in to pairing mode
open battery door > hold button > close door > wait 1 second  > let go of button

Next: Go to the device > advanced > commands> configure node now

There is only 30 seconds before it times out!
On the main dashboard it will say getting manufacturer, setting associations, ....
the writing will be in blue
Once it is highlighted in red the process has timed out and you need to start over again
if the writing goes away just wait a little as it may have been successful.

Thanks to charettepa for paving the way!!!!!
Suffering with UI7 / VeraPlus.... Hoping to turn a corner soon.