We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Wall mounted tablet charging  (Read 30036 times)

Offline Vodden

Re: Wall mounted tablet charging
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2015, 04:25:18 am »

What apps are you going to run on them?

I'm planning on mounting it near the front door, so I will have the DSC keypad app running on it to function as a keypad.  The primary keypad is on a different door with the anticipation of a unit such as this near the main entrance so I can minimize clutter and have a central location for everything HA and security.  It will be running on a UPS powered switch, and have battery back-up, so plenty of redundancy to allow it to function effectively for this purpose.

I will also install AutHomationHD for home control.  I also saw the MyVera install in another post and it looks pro, may give that a go...

Sonos for home theatre control (no Sonos yet, but its on the wish list)

IP Webcam so it can function as a camera

So far this is all I have planned. 

Vera 3 v1.5.622, Sharp Aquos, DSC 1864, EVL-3, (2) iPhone 6, Kwikset 912, Kwikset 910, (2) Linear WT00Z-1, (2) Linear WS15Z-1, (2) Linear WD500Z-1, (2) Evolve LTM-5, (8.) Aeotec micro-dimmer,  (3) Aeotec micro-switch, (1) Cooper Aspire RF9500

Offline ykamenet

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2015, 11:20:00 am »
Finished my tablet mounting project in the kitchen. Used my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012 edition). Built a matching size "picture frame" for it with necessary cutouts which I routed in the back of the frame. The charger is plugged on the other side of the wall in the washer/drier closet that is there and the charger wire just runs through the wall behind the frame. Running ImperiHome on it. Just need to figure out how to have Google Voice calls pop up a callerid when the incoming call is received. Very happy with installation and it matches our white cabinets nicely.

Offline Jamr

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2015, 12:54:08 am »
Finished my tablet mounting project in the kitchen. Used my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012 edition). Built a matching size "picture frame" for it with necessary cutouts which I routed in the back of the frame. The charger is plugged on the other side of the wall in the washer/drier closet that is there and the charger wire just runs through the wall behind the frame. Running ImperiHome on it. Just need to figure out how to have Google Voice calls pop up a callerid when the incoming call is received. Very happy with installation and it matches our white cabinets nicely.

Just install Google Hangouts on the tablet. I am not completely sure that all callers ID will display.
When you get a call on your GV number, the tablet will popup that there is a call. It will even let you take the call from the tablet.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.talk&hl=en
With the dialer app installed in hangouts, you can even make calls from the tablet.

Offline battars

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2015, 07:14:52 pm »

How are you accessing the power button with your setup? I'm about to "borrow" your idea but that's the issue holding me up.