Author Topic: security in new home before moving in  (Read 2114 times)

Offline crackers8199

security in new home before moving in
« on: September 10, 2013, 03:55:19 pm »
i'm going to be moving across the country in a few months, but will be closing on the house a time prior to being able to actually move in fully...as such, i'm going to be setting up an alarm system and a few burglar deterrents for the new home until i get there (and to be used after i get there permanently too, of course).

i get the idea of using scenes on vera to turn lights on / off, etc, to make it appear as if someone is home...can these be done randomly?  for example, can i have it set to turn lights on randomly at some time after sunset, and then turn them off at sunrise?

sorry if this has already been asked, i searched a few times and couldn't find anything...

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: security in new home before moving in
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 04:40:25 pm »
There is a app called virtual ghost that is designed to do exactly that. There a few other apps as well which can achieve the same and even using scene with timer and randomising the time they run

Offline crackers8199

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 11:57:35 pm »
vacation ghost seems to have pretty bad reviews, though...

Offline niharmehta

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 02:16:17 am »
The developer was away for a while and did not update the plugin. He is back and new updates are flowing. I have used VG for several months now and it is working well for me at least.
2x VeraLite; 2xTrane Tstats; 45 x Switches/Dimmers/Appliance Modules; 4x Everspring Water Sensors; DSC Integration; 2 x Zwave Door Locks; 1x Ted5K; 1x Rainforest Eagle; Onkyo AVR; 6x Squeezebox;