We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Push notification plugin for HomeWave  (Read 48347 times)

Offline Schuffelen

Re: Push notification plugin for HomeWave
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2013, 11:57:01 am »
Seems I have a weird problem. I added homewave pushnotifications after using prowl, it works nicely on my ipad but doesn,t seems to work on the iphone i have the 4s iphone and both are running on latest ios.

Anyone has a clue? The iphone and ipad are configured exactly the same. Ios is vesion 7.02

Offline nullx8

• Trouble !
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2013, 10:49:09 pm »
you have different id's or use the same ?

if you use the same, this may be the issue 1 device = 1 id
1 VeraLite, 2 RaspberryPI, Harmony Remote, openLuup, 85 Devices, 34Nodes, 63 Triggers, 49 Scenes

Offline intveltr

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2013, 02:18:07 am »
You should be able to use the same push ID on multiple iPhones.  The messages will be sent to all devices.

Sometimes the app fails to register with the push service or with Apple.  After making sure the push ID is correct, try closing and stopping the app completely, then restart it.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline nullx8

• Trouble !
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2013, 02:48:12 am »
You should be able to use the same push ID on multiple iPhones.  The messages will be sent to all devices.

my delivery problems where solved instantly after using different id's for different devices.
maybe this is somethings about the delivery confirmations beeing returned to apple.

same thing happens for SMS ... the message is there but you not see them if you not searching for them if opened on another device already.

its most likely the same thing
1 VeraLite, 2 RaspberryPI, Harmony Remote, openLuup, 85 Devices, 34Nodes, 63 Triggers, 49 Scenes

Offline intveltr

« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2013, 03:56:18 am »
It's possible to use the same ID; each device gets a unique push token from Apple, then registers that token at the HomeWave push server against the chosen Push ID.  When a message is pushed, the server will send it to all devices registered under the incoming Push ID.

Keep in mind that changing the push ID will re-register the phone at the push server; it essentially accomplishes the same as killing and restarting the app.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Schuffelen

« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2013, 05:41:18 am »

Sometimes the app fails to register with the push service or with Apple.  After making sure the push ID is correct, try closing and stopping the app completely, then restart it.

I did this 3 times earlier and thought give it a last shot today and to my surprise  it is working now. Thanks!!
By the way I am using same Push ID for both ipad and iPhone

Again thanks

Offline akashk

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2013, 03:39:35 pm »
Hello intveltr

Your plug in works nicely. Thank you for all your great work.

I have a small suggestion for you. Can you have a log section in Homewave, maybe in the home page, so that as these alerts come in and are acknowledged, get listed?
I would like to be able to go back a view a history of these alerts coming in. Similar to the Prowl set up.
This would help when de bugging scemes or PLEG activities.

Thanks

Along with the log section, possible to display the time stamp for the event on the notification?

Offline aboyz

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2013, 05:28:56 pm »
I'm getting no push ID. Anyone know what is a PUSH ID? do I just enter a random one in there? Or where do I get one? Please advise.

I tried to enter 8888 as my push ID  on the vera portal and homewave app setting and it is not working.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 05:55:23 pm by aboyz »

Offline intveltr

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2013, 06:29:16 pm »
You choose your own Push ID of at least 20 characters and enter it in the plugin and in HomeWave settings.  Then it should work

Offline aboyz

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2013, 07:01:42 pm »
intveltr:

thanks!! working like a charm. needed to enter 20 characters for my push ID. Maybe you should put that down on the first page.

I trigger one of my sensor. but i do not recieve an notification from the homewave push? anyone know why? I do still get the unit notification from email.

thanks..
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 07:05:07 pm by aboyz »

Offline nullx8

• Trouble !
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2013, 07:07:05 pm »
Is there a simple test I can do to trigger one of my device and see if i get the push notification?

get the device ID .. (in advanced tab of the Push device)

then go to Apps -> Develop Apps -> Test Luup code (Lua)
paste THIS in the box
Code: [Select]
luup.call_action("urn:intvelt-com:serviceId:HWPush1", "SendMessage", {Msg = "Blah Blah 114"}, 114)

(where 114 is to be replaced with the device ID you got before)
click "GO"

Smile and Wait.

Offline aboyz

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2013, 07:09:12 pm »
Is there a simple test I can do to trigger one of my device and see if i get the push notification?

get the device ID .. (in advanced tab of the Push device)

then go to Apps -> Develop Apps -> Test Luup code (Lua)
paste THIS in the box
Code: [Select]
luup.call_action("urn:intvelt-com:serviceId:HWPush1", "SendMessage", {Msg = "Blah Blah 114"}, 114)

(where 114 is to be replaced with the device ID you got before)
click "GO"

Smile and Wait.

the Homewave Push notificaion is working. What I wanted to do is when my sensor is tripped it will use the homewave push notification. How would I accomplish this? do I need to install the Vera Alert?

Offline nullx8

• Trouble !
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2013, 07:19:19 pm »
the Homewave Push notificaion is working. What I wanted to do is when my sensor is tripped it will use the homewave push notification. How would I accomplish this? do I need to install the Vera Alert?

just create a scene ..
put the Luup code there ..
add a trigger .. select the door .. and the state
thats it

(you can select armed device) then it wont send messages if you not want to.

Offline aboyz

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2013, 10:48:05 pm »
Everything is working good with Vera Alert + Homewave Push.

I missed the last step. to

You may want to set Default Recipients (under General) to Forward

So I change the Default Recipients under General to Forward and it is working now.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:53:29 pm by aboyz »

Offline akashk

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2013, 09:39:13 am »
@intveltr...any chance that you could incorporate time stamp on the notifications? Along with badges, log history and the time stamp this would be perfect.
Man, am I greedy or what!! ;D ;D