Author Topic: Webcam Dropbox Uploader - a plugin to store images to dropbox  (Read 62684 times)

Offline jtmoore

Re: Webcam Dropbox Uploader - a plugin to store images to dropbox
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2013, 04:15:02 pm »
Thank you Martin. I followed your Foscam advice and it now works perfectly!   :)
jtmoore

Offline jtmoore

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2013, 01:17:48 pm »
@Martin.  Are there specific limitations on how quickly I can take successive snapshots? When my doorbell rings, I would like to take say 3 snapshots in quick succession in order to increase probability of a clean shot of the person at my door. Perhaps 0.3 seconds apart.
I have tried this with timers between 0.2 and 1.0 seconds, but my results are very variable, showing that in many cases it could be as long as 2 seconds between snapshots.
Thanks.
jtmoore

Offline martin12345

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2013, 05:45:16 pm »
There's no in built limit on the upload rate, but it does have to download the webcam image to a local file, upload the local file to dropbox, then delete the local file, and it can only do that one step at a time. And it can't do the second one until the first one has finished. How long it takes will depend on how fast the connection is to your webcam, how big the image is, and how fast your connection is to dropbox, and I can easily imagine that taking a few seconds in reality.

Martin

Offline Exorcist

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2013, 01:33:07 am »
The new version works brilliant for the Foscam, I already have the new version and it is great. I setup a scene which sends a pic whenever motion is detected

I am also looking forward to adding this scene for this plugin. Can you please post the steps on how you achieved it?

Martin, fantastic plugin by the way. Love it. Works flawlessly.

Offline Crismaison

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2013, 01:35:52 am »
Here we go:

lul_settings={}
lul_settings["webcamNumber"]=17
luup.call_action("urn:milliesoft-com:serviceId:WebcamDropboxUploader1","SendSnapshot", lul_settings,259)

Change the 259 and 17 to your device numbers. Whenever the motion sensor gets tripped, the scene is started
Vera lite - Everspring smoke & flood detectors - Fibaro doorsensors - 2 Foscams - Greenwave 6 node smartplug - Several Switches -Netatmo - PLEG - Twilio - DropBoxuploader - FindmyIphone user

Offline Exorcist

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2013, 02:08:23 am »
Here we go:

lul_settings={}
lul_settings["webcamNumber"]=17
luup.call_action("urn:milliesoft-com:serviceId:WebcamDropboxUploader1","SendSnapshot", lul_settings,259)

Change the 259 and 17 to your device numbers. Whenever the motion sensor gets tripped, the scene is started

Thanks for a fast response. Just before reading your thread i had created a new thread for the same.

Quick question regarding the numbers you posted above, i understand that 17 is the webcam device number that i got to replace with my webcam device number, but what is 259? what device is it for?

Also, do i need to create a new scene for this and actions and add the luup code you posted above?
If so, can you please guide on the steps for creating what scene?

Offline Crismaison

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2013, 02:12:38 am »
259 is the dropbox device id. You create a scene and paste this ciode in the luup  part.

Are you familiar with triggering scenes?
Vera lite - Everspring smoke & flood detectors - Fibaro doorsensors - 2 Foscams - Greenwave 6 node smartplug - Several Switches -Netatmo - PLEG - Twilio - DropBoxuploader - FindmyIphone user

Offline Exorcist

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2013, 02:23:29 am »
259 is the dropbox device id. You create a scene and paste this ciode in the luup  part.

Are you familiar with triggering scenes?

Thanks for your reply. yes i am familiar with triggering scenes. Just now i created new scenes with triggers and schedules using this post.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,11161.msg79424.html#msg79424

Awaiting your reply. Thanks for the help.

Offline Exorcist

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2013, 02:29:10 am »
Also, can videos be uploaded to dropbox using this plugin.
I was thinking if i could create a scene that could trigger to record videos for 1 min and upload to dropbox when the door lock is opened.

Offline Crismaison

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2013, 03:24:48 am »
The last reply of the creator in the dropbox thread explains how it works, videos are not possible.

Offline martin12345

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2013, 03:57:54 am »
I was thinking if i could create a scene that could trigger to record videos for 1 min and upload to dropbox when the door lock is opened.
Unless your webcam has a URL to download a fixed duration of video as a file, this isn't possible.

Martin

Offline Exorcist

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2013, 10:32:04 am »
Unless your webcam has a URL to download a fixed duration of video as a file, this isn't possible.

Martin

Fantastic plugin Martin.
Saw this morning over the night the plugin has dumped hundreds of pictures in my drop box folder.
It works!!

If i want to turn off the default action of webcam taking pictures every 10 mins.. instead taking pictures and dumping them to the dropbox folder only at motion, how can i deactivate the 10 min action.. setting it to 0?

I have used Crimsons code on a scene that turns on the light when motion is detected upon the sensor being tripped.

lul_settings={}
lul_settings["webcamNumber"]=23
luup.call_action("urn:milliesoft-com:serviceId:WebcamDropboxUploader1","SendSnapshot", lul_settings,57)

But i need the automatic default action to stop.

Offline martin12345

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2013, 10:57:46 am »
As I recall, the version that you have doesn't have the option to stop the auto-uploading. I created a new version 2 weeks ago which had the option to put "0" in for the update frequency to stop the auto-upload, but I am still waiting for MiCasaVerde to review and approve that new version.

For now, why not put a really large number in there, e.g. 9999999. That way it will auto-upload, but very infrequently.

Martin

Offline Exorcist

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2013, 01:47:33 pm »
As I recall, the version that you have doesn't have the option to stop the auto-uploading. I created a new version 2 weeks ago which had the option to put "0" in for the update frequency to stop the auto-upload, but I am still waiting for MiCasaVerde to review and approve that new version.

For now, why not put a really large number in there, e.g. 9999999. That way it will auto-upload, but very infrequently.

Martin

Good idea. i will do that. Thanks for the suggestion, will keep a close eye on this thread for updates as well.

Offline Exorcist

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2013, 02:59:03 am »

Martin

Martin just an update, adding a large value does not work. I tried to keep 600 mins, but in vain.
Awaiting your your new version update. Is there a mechanism to increase the frequency of screencaptures once motion is detected in your new version? for eg:- the default is 0 which disables screen captures, but once motion is detected, a time limit can be set to capture increased numbers of screenshots while motion is detected. This will be of great value cos this can compensate the loss of video feature.