We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Anyway to get user input information in a scene ?  (Read 1475 times)

Offline goldriver

Anyway to get user input information in a scene ?
« on: September 20, 2013, 06:29:47 pm »
I'm looking for a way to have a scene ask an input from the user, here is what I'm trying to do:

I would like to be able on my iphone to start a scene that would start my coffee make at a specified time in the morning.

At this time, I created 4 scene one that set a delay to start at 5AM, one at 6, one at 7 and one at 8, my ultimate goal would be to have only one scene where I could input the time and go

Thanks

Offline Piwtorak

Re: Anyway to get user input information in a scene ?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 11:05:30 pm »
I have the same needs, but i want type something and luup code in this scene do my sonos speak this phrase.
If you get something let me know. I will do the same.
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 03:06:16 am »
Why not use a VContainer?

The issue with scenes is that they run and then go away - you don't want to have to synchronise user input with an arbitrary run time.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 04:46:03 am »
I was thinking along the lines of @akbooker but rather using MultiSwitch.  The only reason is it is not dynamic and any changes to the VContainer variables requires the changes to be save. Of course you could combine that two to set the variable if you needed to complicate it a little more.... Seriously, set MultiSwitch up with the times and then test the corresponding status 1-8.  An example attached.

It can have more than one swtich on at a time and therefore, the decision is declared either low to high or high to low or allow the script to define multiple time or uses as a range.   

For details see:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=14453.0

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 07:20:59 am »
[...] it is not dynamic and any changes to the VContainer variables requires the changes to be save.
It's true that there's a SAVE button on the VContainer, but it doesn't need a restart as would be required for a device variable edit, so, really, it IS dynamic... surely??

(I may not have grasped your meaning)
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 02:43:33 pm »
From a user interaction I was referring too. It is a fixed variable stored in VContainer, and requires direct actions to enter and save a new value.

Eg. Open VContainer, clicking tab, entering new variable, saving, closing and no validation that the new variable is correctly entered.

In addition 3rd party app only display VContainer and not modify, so either direct update or via a predetermined update scenes (this was the point in which I was the use of both as a bit of over complication for a little more fun).

So I was thinking along the same lines as you and the end-state is the same. Just a little more Flexibility for the implementation for the end user.