We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: CEDIA 2013 - MiCasaVerde changes name to Vera and suggest UI7  (Read 73693 times)

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: CEDIA 2013 - MiCasaVerde changes name to Vera and suggest UI7
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2013, 02:39:49 am »
No, we have no indication of things to come.

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2013, 07:49:02 am »
seems we have another 1 day , 19 hrs to go.. wonder what this step is going to imply.

edit :
didnt come to my mind untill now that there is a mios website with a g100 and g300 development machine .
first there was micasaverde and mios. now we have mios as a separate thing and micasaverde going to be a standalone brand called Vera. So my take is that after we folks tested their stuff, there now ready to make it a standalone product and have mios separate for the tech-savvy amongst us, so we can pay more and have our own device or ppl can just buy a Vera and have a more simpler userinterface without the goodies. that way it will save us a lot of time helping out the not-so-techsavvy and we can focus on development and making plugins to the system which in turn get stolen for stuff like the tricktv and some other brands forked from the original vera. now there is still not a way to have your plugin in market for a certain price (as if anyone favors this.. probably not). like i said before somewhere, we are just being "abused" here for all the countless hours of work put in our beloved HA device. it's very clear MCV just wants in on the money and a lot of marketing blabla and not so much for the ppl that love to fix all kinda stuff for there device. look at the thread for possible exploits on vera and how all of a sudden we get a lot of explaining that their beloved product is wrongly attacked and userfeedback wanted.. telling us that they love the input from users and listens to them to make it a better system for us and in the meanwhile there is a lot of user feedback ignored and a lot of bugs still not fixed. beta testers are being kept in the dark and have no clue whats going on and a lot of frustrated by lack of info people started to make the wiki pages (including me) and took time to translate stuff in other languages as mcv lacked time to do this all of a sudden it gets totally clear to us...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 08:09:53 am by Da_JoJo »
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2013, 09:42:32 am »
Let's wait and see what happens before jumping to conclusions.

There have been countless complaints about how "poor" the user interface is, especially for neophytes,  and how this feature and that is missing. There have been countless complaints about how unresponsive MCV has been to the complaints and bug fixes etc.

Perhaps the new website and UI is an answer to all of that. Perhaps it is the improvement that so many people have cried for, with possible changes to the architecture, without disrupting the existing base/UI/website. This could be a big step forward, or this could be just another skin on the same old business as usual(this is my guess). We just have to wait and see.

I will defend MCV regarding your statement about abuse and the community doing all the work. I don't see any abuse. MCV made no promises to developers and any plugin and programming work has been entirely voluntary with no allusion to compensation or anything else, so it's wrong to claim abuse at this point or to make demands after the fact.

Offline chixxi

« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:46:21 am by chixxi »
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2013, 12:35:54 pm »
Are these the new packages?

Looks like it.

The HA world is growing and I would not be surprised if 'Vera' has had some investment put into them to start their own assault on the market.

You only have to look around at all the new solutions hitting the market. So if Vera really wants to go mainstream they'll need at the very least a good/reliable product, an easy to use (and ideally attractive) user interface, some unique selling points and if possible be at an appropriate price point..

I'll be intrigued to see if they lock things down much more with this new UI (and marketing strategy) will us enthusiasts still be able to play around under the hood? 

I'm personally optimistic about the future..

Offline Da_JoJo

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2013, 07:18:56 pm »
it was the idea that mcv helps you starting a business with this stuff and be able to put plugins on the market for a fixed amount of cash and so far a lot of business and not much help and cash.. after putting days in writing wiki and translating the whole vera and tricktv system the only thing i got as feedback was that it was nice i done it but it cant be implemented and not going to be sold in europe. so yes i feel abused. a little.

you get a discount on the packages ? MSRP price and their price ? who makes up this stuff ? its not like some other company sells this stuff or anything. and it is still more expensive then getting a vera lite with a cheap foscam which does the same and probably even more.

im with you.. very optimistic about all the new entries in the HA market, but i wouldn't buy a stripped down package though.. nor would i accept my current vera is going to be changed to a point that the fun is being taken away.
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2013, 02:41:53 am »
I remember that series... It was called "LOST". I had something to do with a timer... counting to "0"...

Lots of promises, interventions, workarounds, deceptions...

I immediately got that feeling on entering the getvera.com link...

And the feeling got stronger.

I think after 6 seasons the island will completely start moving!
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline brettow

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2013, 06:24:25 am »
Are these the new packages?

The units look the same however they are just packaged with a dimmable lamp module and wireless camera.

I'm only new to this and optimistic by the looks of it the units are the same.

BTW a big thanks to all who have created plugins and shared ;D

Brett

Offline Da_JoJo

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2013, 10:52:44 pm »
thats exactly what made the vera up to today.. the great community support and nice devs that shared their code to all of us.
the timer is on 8 hours or so and still counting (up n down i might add lol)
wonder where this is going.. i also wonder if we get stuffed with the latest UI and if so, if it would take away the plugin/development part.

Offline Crismaison

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2013, 01:37:22 am »
+1
An active usercommunity -> priceless
Vera lite - Everspring smoke & flood detectors - Fibaro doorsensors - 2 Foscams - Greenwave 6 node smartplug - Several Switches -Netatmo - PLEG - Twilio - DropBoxuploader - FindmyIphone user

Offline korttoma

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2013, 03:55:36 am »
+1    what he said^^

Even if the Vera is quite cheap it would not be worth it without the community functionality contribution.

BR,
Tomas
- Tomas

Offline chixxi

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2013, 04:29:38 am »
I don't think it is possible to create a new Software/UI which is capable of replacing this community and all the resulting plugins.

So I see this as a huge possibility, imagine what vera would be capable of with this community AND a great UI.

EDIT:
For me the counter is now down to zero, nothing happend  :'(
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:31:10 am by chixxi »
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline ntk

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2013, 12:43:57 pm »
the only reason i brought the vera is the great community , without the community I would buy the fibaro HC2 without even thinking, the app the UI, and the great products and support, all of what missing in the VERA

and it's really hard to do a clock that update from a server ? it does not seem they care that people from all over the world surf the internet, i guess it's a new thing for them :-\

Offline Thiemen

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2013, 03:10:52 pm »
I totally agree with ntk

I also chosen Vera because of the community... But might jump away with

If i compare MiCasaVerde with Fibaro, it is amazing how Fibaro is working on it's development of products but also on keeping their users up2date by facebook, website and so on.

Now look at MiCasaVerde with their website already running for a longer time with errors on the site, then now the new GetVera site with a counter that starts recounting. Just don't understand how MicasaVerde does not seems to care?

Offline Ds514

• Because automatic.
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2013, 04:15:39 pm »
I still see an hour on the counter.

I bought the Vera mostly by accident and find myself very fortunate that it has the community support that it does. I found myself reading Ap15e 's departing post yesterday (by the way, I believe he is still keeping an eye on things here based on the profile), and realized that departure of certain community members would probably be a bigger problem than departure of MCV at this point.

Hopefully they will turn this around. I keep looking at the other products, and see that the main shortcomings, for me, are the lack of plugins that do the things I rely on most. I hope that they are not resting on their laurels (the community), but what I see on their site, in my own efforts to get support (got no response), and in this forum, are not promising.

If the new "Vera" is just about an updated interface, that would be disappointing.