Author Topic: OpenTherm Gateway plugin  (Read 55803 times)

Offline clandmeter

• Sr. Newbie
Re: OpenTherm Gateway plugin
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2013, 05:10:04 am »
My first post on this forum, here it goes.

Thank you for this great plugin. I'm still kind of new to Vera but I like it a lot and this plugin makes it even better!

I've bought the opentherm gateway kit from the known source and chosen the USB version. I hooked it up to my OpenWRT (TP-Link 1043D) usb port and have installed ser2net to make the serial port available via network. After installed the hardware part I made an attempt to install your plugin but I had some issues getting it working.
Because I'm still new to Vera I didn't have any knowledge about how to install plugins the manual way. After some struggling I found out I could upload your plugin files manually in the interface. Maybe its possible to add those instructions? I also notice you mention to add the IP address, but there is no note about appending the port number.

After uploading and configuring it works great, but when I check the configuration inside UI, I see the option to change "Operation mode" which is currently set to monitor.
Does this mean I cannot change any value? I just added the gateway to my setup, so I'm still reluctant to make changes (I guess this will soon change  :)).

Thanks again for this great plugin. Please continue to support it.

Offline nlrb

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2013, 05:50:57 am »
Thank you for this great plugin. I'm still kind of new to Vera but I like it a lot and this plugin makes it even better!
You're welcome! Nice to hear and welcome to the forum  :).

I've bought the opentherm gateway kit from the known source and chosen the USB version. I hooked it up to my OpenWRT (TP-Link 1043D) usb port and have installed ser2net to make the serial port available via network.
Why did you not connect it directly to Vera? That would be the easiest way.

After installed the hardware part I made an attempt to install your plugin but I had some issues getting it working.
Because I'm still new to Vera I didn't have any knowledge about how to install plugins the manual way. After some struggling I found out I could upload your plugin files manually in the interface. Maybe its possible to add those instructions? I also notice you mention to add the IP address, but there is no note about appending the port number.
There is a generic description on the MCV wiki how to install these files, so it does not make much sense to repeat that. Once the code is at a good enough level I'll submit it to the store such that it can be installed normally.

After uploading and configuring it works great, but when I check the configuration inside UI, I see the option to change "Operation mode" which is currently set to monitor.
Does this mean I cannot change any value? I just added the gateway to my setup, so I'm still reluctant to make changes (I guess this will soon change  :)).
Indeed. If the Gateway is in Monitor mode you can only read values. It will not issue any write commands.

Offline clandmeter

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2013, 11:33:54 am »

Why did you not connect it directly to Vera? That would be the easiest way.

My Vera is not in the same room as my OTG, but I do have a TP-Link router in this room, thats why I made this setup similar like the LAN/WIFI option but cheaper (I'm dutch).

Offline nlrb

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 03:31:04 pm »
    Version 0.4 is available for download & testing.

Change log

• Supports OTG firmware version 4.0(alpha)
    • Option to create child devices for temperature values
    • Eco mode and options added
      • [ADHW] Change DHW setting when alarm is Armed (away)
      • [ATMP] Change setpoint when alarm is Armed (away)
      • [DTMP] Change setpoint when door(s)/window(s) is/are open
      • Function SetEnergyModeTarget added
    • Moved DHW setting to control tab
    • Split Settings tab in Hardware & plugin Settings tab
    • Added option to show (colored) value indication bars
    • Support to show humidity value on thermostat
      • Function SetRoomHumidity added
    • Now supports different levels of debug output
    • OpenTherm version 2.3 messages added

Offline A.Ardon

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2013, 04:09:25 pm »
Great work !!

I just have installed it, and will test it tommorow!!
 ;D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 04:46:06 pm by A.Ardon »
1x VeraPlus UI7, Opentherm- Gateway, Powermax+,  Philips Hue, Dahua DVR, Yamaha RXV775, ect.

Offline clandmeter

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2013, 06:16:24 am »
Nice, just installed it.

When I view the eco tab, the page is empty. Does that mean its not supported?

Offline nlrb

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2013, 12:49:28 pm »
The Eco tab could look like in the attachment. However, if you have no alarm panel and no door/window sensors, the Eco tab will be empty.

Offline Otje

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2013, 05:08:14 pm »
i have also installed the gateway and this plugin. the gateway is running latest 4.0.11 firmware.
it runs very well! i am very happy with this setup, many thanks for creating this plugin, really appreciated.
VERA Plus, VERA 3 Lite , couple of PIR's, several switch units, wall mounted tablet, Sonos integration with TTS, Temperature sensors, Imperihome, Zwave LED bulbs

Offline nlrb

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2013, 11:35:46 am »
v0.5 is now available, which correctly interprets negative values.

Offline soeter01

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2013, 03:51:32 pm »
Hello nlrb your plugin works beautifully. Also have the issue though that the eco tab is empty. I have no alarm pannel but do have several window and door switches linked to my vera 3 (fibaro ones). Am i missing something? Thanks for your help.

Offline nlrb

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2013, 04:03:32 pm »
Can you check on the Fibaro sensor in the advanced tab what the 'category_num' and 'subcategory_num' values are? These should be 4 and 1 respectively. See the wiki for definitions.

Offline Thiemen

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2013, 06:04:37 am »
Can you check on the Fibaro sensor in the advanced tab what the 'category_num' and 'subcategory_num' values are? These should be 4 and 1 respectively. See the wiki for definitions.

For Fibaro they are configured as:

category_num   `     4 #define DEVICE_CATEGORY_SECURITY_SENSOR 4
subcategory_num   3 #define DEVICE_SUBCATEGORY_MOTION       3   

Offline nlrb

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2013, 06:26:32 am »
A door/window sensor as motion sensor? Motion sensors are only temporarily triggered. Door/window sensors continously when a door/window is open.

If the sensors only give a pulse when a door/window is opened then it won't work. If not then you have to change the subcategory_num to 1.

Offline clandmeter

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2013, 09:13:31 am »
Well, you can turn Eco mode on, but it won't do anything. What would you like it to do when 'Going Away'?

If you want to disable the DHW setting then you can call SetDomesticHotWater("Disable") and when coming home call SetDomesticHotWater("Automatic").

If you want to change the setpoint, e.g. lower it 2 degrees you can call SetCurrentSetpoint(-2) and when coming home call SetModeTarget("Off") to return to the program.

I was replying in the wrong thread (too much alcohol), so ill move my question to here.

I guess those functions you mention are lua functions which can be added to luup code? I currently tried to set it up via scene and choose (for going away) to set temperature to 15 and press the heat button to make setpoint constant. I wonder if vera will execute the commands in correct order, so my thermostat is send the correct value?

Offline soeter01

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2013, 12:33:15 pm »
Hello nrlb, great - changing the category to 4 and subcat to 1 resolved the issue. Thanks!

However a new problem popped up. The monitor tab is completely empty. I can only see some empty checkboxes but no text at all. I'm running v0.5 of the plugin and v4.9 of the OTG firmware. The temps on the control tab work fine. Also I can give commands to the OTG there - communication seems to work fine. Reloading/resetting the vera did not help. Any suggestions? Thanks