We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: LRM and LTM Configuration  (Read 9104 times)

Offline Wesman

• Sr. Newbie
LRM and LTM Configuration
« on: October 01, 2013, 08:55:05 am »
Hi All

Sorry if this is a newbie question. I have a single LRM-AS configures with 3 LTM-5's, I finally got them all working together. but I have noticed a couple things..

1.) If i power on the lights at one of the LTM-5's, its LED goes out, but the others do not. Even though they are set to poll.

2.) I did not add the LRM to the same group as the LTM's.. only the LTM's to the same group then associated it with the switch. is this correct? or does the switch (LRM) need to be in the group too?

Thanks!   ;D

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Re: LRM and LTM Configuration
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 09:42:42 am »
I'm not sure that I'm understanding what you are saying in your post. To associate one or more  Evolve LTM-5 remotes with a LRM-AS master switch:

1. Click the wrench on the LTM-5 then click the  Device Options tab.

2. In the group ID field type   1   and click Add group.

3. Under the new Group ID 1 heading click the Set button.

4. Find your LRM-AS on the list and check the box next to it, then click "Back to Z-Wave options" at the bottom of the page.

5. Click the X to close the LTM-5 property sheet.

6. Repeat steps 1 through 5 for the other  LTM-5s that you wish to connect to the same LRM-AS.

7. Finally click the Save button at the top right of the page.

This is usually all that is needed, though occasionally it is necessary to go to the LRM-AS click the wrench and then the Settings tab and then click "Configure node right now".

Offline Wesman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 09:54:15 am »
Thanks for the quick response Z-Waver. I have those step done.. and all the switch turn off and on the light.. So, it works..

BUT, the LED light on the devices are suppose to be "on" when the light is "off" (presumably, so you can find it in the dark) but turning on the light at any one location, turns off its own LED but not the other ones..

Does that make since?

Offline Wesman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 10:18:02 am »

I know this might seem like a really newbie question. so, sorry about that BUT

The Group Number doesn't always have to be "1" right? I am trying to create a second group "2" for a different location (and light) in my house, the LRM works but the LTM's fail to "associate" to the LRM.

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 10:27:57 am »
Thanks for the quick response Z-Waver. I have those step done.. and all the switch turn off and on the light.. So, it works..

BUT, the LED light on the devices are suppose to be "on" when the light is "off" (presumably, so you can find it in the dark) but turning on the light at any one location, turns off its own LED but not the other ones..

Does that make since?
Yes, it makes sense now. I think that this is normal, due to the LRM-AS lack of instant status updates, but I don't remember for sure and I am not in a position to test it at this time.

I know this might seem like a really newbie question. so, sorry about that BUT

The Group Number doesn't always have to be "1" right? I am trying to create a second group "2" for a different location (and light) in my house, the LRM works but the LTM's fail to "associate" to the LRM.

You will use the same group ID 1 for a different set of LRM-AS and LTM-5s. The group id number is local to each LRM-AS.

If your goal is to have a single/same LTM-5 control more than one LRM-AS, then you would use additional group numbers. I think 3 is the max for the LTM-5.

If I remember correctly, using group id 2 requires a double tap of the LTM-5 and using Group ID 3 requires a triple tap. Check the manual of the LTM-5.

Offline Wesman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 10:45:38 am »
If I remember correctly, using group id 2 requires a double tap of the LTM-5 and using Group ID 3 requires a triple tap. Check the manual of the LTM-5.

is there a wiki on this somewhere?

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 10:56:01 am »

is there a wiki on this somewhere?

I don't know about a Wiki, but there is a manual that should have come with your LTM-5. I can't find the Evolve manual online. I am pretty confident that the manual for the Linear WTZ001 and the HomePro ZTW103 are identical.

Offline 93732

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 03:29:20 pm »
Wesman,
I had the same issue with my Linear switches (Evolves are rebranded Linear switches). 

Here's how to make the LED indicator lights stay in "sync".

1. Click the wrench on the LRM-AS then click the  Device Options tab.

4. Find your LTM-5 on the list and check the box next to it, then click "Back to Z-Wave options" at the bottom of the page.

5. Click the X to close the LRM-AS property sheet.

6. Finally click the Save button at the top right of the page.

Offline Wesman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 03:54:16 pm »
I don't know about a Wiki, but there is a manual that should have come with your LTM-5. I can't find the Evolve manual online. I am pretty confident that the manual for the Linear WTZ001 and the HomePro ZTW103 are identical.

I don't recall the LTM-5 mentioning anything about 2 or 3 taps for group 2  or group 3.. And I don't see anything with regard to that in the Vera information either.

Offline Wesman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 03:56:46 pm »
Wesman,
I had the same issue with my Linear switches (Evolves are rebranded Linear switches). 
4. Find your LTM-5 on the list and check the box next to it, then click "Back to Z-Wave options" at the bottom of the page.

Thanks 93732..

but this brings me back to my initial question. what do i do if i have a second set of LRM's and LTM?... use Group 2?

i have bought several of these LRM's and LTM's to go all over my new house, so, what's the secret to configuring several sets?

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 11:09:41 pm »
No, you use group 1. The switch you configured with the switches in group 1 will have information on those other nodes. You can have multiple groups of 1, just with a different set of switches.

- Garrett

Offline 93732

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 01:41:43 am »
Can you control two different sets of lights from one accessory switch (LTM-5)?  For example, I want to use the same accessory switch to tap once and turn on/off light A and double tap to turn on/off light B.

No, you use group 1. The switch you configured with the switches in group 1 will have information on those other nodes. You can have multiple groups of 1, just with a different set of switches.

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 01:46:47 am »
I believe that would require the different groups. As Z-waver mentioned I believe group 2 would be the double tap and group 3 is a triple tap. So for the double tap, you enter group 2 and the devices that should respond to the double tap on that switch.

- Garrett

Offline Wesman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 09:30:53 am »
I think i have it, thanks for all the input. Just to make sure I am clear.

"Groups" are not the association, Rather Selecting the Device you want to associate with in the group defines what and who it works with...

- Garrett

"Groups" rather indicated the number of Taps a device needs to work with a set?

I believe that would require the different groups. As Z-waver mentioned I believe group 2 would be the double tap and group 3 is a triple tap. So for the double tap, you enter group 2 and the devices that should respond to the double tap on that switch.

- Garrett

Does anyone know of a link to a manual or a wiki that spells all this out?

Wesman,

and lastly, adding the main device (LRM) to the group and associating it back to its LTM's will allow the LED's to sync..

This part is a little confusing because LRM's are a double tap to include and LTM's are a single tap.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:33:35 am by Wesman »

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 10:18:23 am »
Group numbers are a type of association and are not referred to the number of tapes. It varies by device and manufacture. That's why you need to look at the manual. Or contact the manufacturer.

- Garrett