We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: LRM and LTM Configuration  (Read 9094 times)

Offline Wesman

• Sr. Newbie
Re: LRM and LTM Configuration
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 11:15:34 am »
I followed the instructions below, but the LED's on the LTM's still stay out of sync with the ON/OFF state of the light.

any other comments?

Wesman,
I had the same issue with my Linear switches (Evolves are rebranded Linear switches). 
Here's how to make the LED indicator lights stay in "sync".
1. Click the wrench on the LRM-AS then click the  Device Options tab.
2. In the group ID field type   1   and click Add group.
3. Under the new Group ID 1 heading click the Set button.
4. Find your LTM-5 on the list and check the box next to it, then click "Back to Z-Wave options" at the bottom of the page.
5. Click the X to close the LRM-AS property sheet.
6. Finally click the Save button at the top right of the page.

Offline windexh8er

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 01:04:30 am »
Just as an FYI I installed a pair of LRM-AS and one LTM-5 today.  Some notes:
  • The LTM-5 does not support more than Group 1 - no double or triple tap.
  • To get the LTM-5 to stay in sync when the LRM-AS changes state set "Variable 20" to 4 byte decimal and a value of 1 (this is the polling interval in minutes the LTM-5 will poll the LRM-AS - default is 2), set "Variable 21" to 1 byte decimal and a value of 1, this will turn on the group polling - by default this is off (value of 0).  Both of these variables are set on the LTM-5, not the LRM-AS! Also, keep in mind that since the status update is on the polling interval any state changes originating from the LRM-AS will likely not be instantaneous on the LTM-5 (since the LTM has to poll), whereas the other way around is - next item...
  • The LRM-AS will update state when any commands are sent from the LTM-5 immediately, this is because the LTM-5 is using the LRM-AS to run the command, so it has to know it's own state.  With this in mind you do not need to configure any Group ID association on the LRM-AS as someone suggested, only the LTM-5 (which will have the multi-channel association with the LRM-AS).
  • There is no hum from the LRM-AS or LTM-5 that I've noticed.  Unlike similar GE products which made ridiculous amounts of noise IMHO.
  • I have an LRM-AS tied to LED overhead lighting in my kitchen (4 floods) and the LRM-AS works wonderfully through all of the dimming cycles, no noticeable flicker at any levels and no odd noise.  The other LRM-AS devices I have are tied to incandescent and work equally well with no oddities.
I ran a short video of the installation - please ignore the comment about the light staying on on the LTM-5 as I've since figured it out using the manual and the fix is listed in the above list.

http://youtu.be/LedMzh-Cjno

Hope that helps!   :)  They're great switches for the money from what I've seen.  I wish there was an additional group to do double-tap, but for under $50 they work very well.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:14:13 am by windexh8er »

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 10:41:14 am »
@windexh8er - This is great! Thank you.

Do you have a manual for the LTM-5 that you can post. I no longer have any of these manuals and can find none online. I thought that the LTM-5 was identical to the Linear WTZ001, but your findings suggest otherwise.

Offline windexh8er

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 11:00:33 am »
I do have it still.  Weird that it's not available online from what I can tell.  I will try and scan it in tonight.  There's not much else to the config but the nightlight config (i.e. leave the light on even when switch is on) and switch invert from what I remember.