Author Topic: DLNA Media Controller plugin - Common library for UPnP AV  (Read 192631 times)

Offline cw-kid

Re: DLNA Media Controller plugin - Common library for UPnP AV
« Reply #510 on: September 15, 2015, 05:05:20 pm »
Hi

My DLNA plug-in is still version 1.3 and I have auto updates enabled. Just looked on the mIOS App store and its not offering an update. How did you get version 1.4?

Thanks

Never mind I see its in the forum

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33817.0.html

Offline n0ir

« Reply #511 on: September 30, 2015, 09:50:24 am »
With 1.4 TTS seems to work again... I can get both Google and Microsoft to speak both English and Swedish (which isn't in the settings, but works using "sv" for language)!

Maybe someone could help with I assume is a easy question?

I have never used the app to play .mp3-files from my NAS before. I would like to play a file as part of a scene in UI7, but I can't get it to work... ;)

I use the PlayDMSMedia action for the created DLNA device, under Advanced Editor in the scene creator. Not comfortable with luup so I try to avoid it.

I understand you need to add "x-file-cifs://" before the URL to the network device? I have put a .mp3-file on the Vera itself for checking, so I used "x-file-cifs://VERAIP/test.mp3".

When I run the scene my DLNA device (KODI on a HTPC) seems to respond (the screensaver is turned off) but no .mp3 is played. TTS works! If I try to play the .mp3 from a browser (using the URL http://VERAIP/chime.mp3) it works.

Should I put something in the ObjectID and Protocol fields?

Nobody who could help me with this (using a scene to play a .mp3 stored on the Vera or a NAS)?

Offline paros

« Reply #512 on: December 25, 2015, 01:56:59 am »
I have installed the "DLNA DMC app version 1.4" and am able to pause/play via Kodi (XBMC). The first 5 times it also worked using the Text To Speech, but for some reason it stopped (last action was that I raised the volume, but I dont think it caused the problem)...
Since then, I have uninstalled/installed the "DLNA DMC app" again and rebooted the Vera Edge, but nothing happens when I try to use the Text To Speech function.

Need help here :) !

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #513 on: December 26, 2015, 06:29:33 am »
I have installed the "DLNA DMC app version 1.4" and am able to pause/play via Kodi (XBMC). The first 5 times it also worked using the Text To Speech, but for some reason it stopped (last action was that I raised the volume, but I dont think it caused the problem)...
Since then, I have uninstalled/installed the "DLNA DMC app" again and rebooted the Vera Edge, but nothing happens when I try to use the Text To Speech function.

Need help here :) !

We have to forget Google TTS. The service is now only partially available.
Rather use Microsoft engine. Works well.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #514 on: December 26, 2015, 06:40:06 am »
With 1.4 TTS seems to work again... I can get both Google and Microsoft to speak both English and Swedish (which isn't in the settings, but works using "sv" for language)!

I have never used the app to play .mp3-files from my NAS before. I would like to play a file as part of a scene in UI7, but I can't get it to work... ;)

I use the PlayDMSMedia action for the created DLNA device, under Advanced Editor in the scene creator. Not comfortable with luup so I try to avoid it.

I understand you need to add "x-file-cifs://" before the URL to the network device? I have put a .mp3-file on the Vera itself for checking, so I used "x-file-cifs://VERAIP/test.mp3".

When I run the scene my DLNA device (KODI on a HTPC) seems to respond (the screensaver is turned off) but no .mp3 is played. TTS works! If I try to play the .mp3 from a browser (using the URL http://VERAIP/chime.mp3) it works.

That's normal ! x-file-cifs is a specific protocol for Sonos !
Use the plugin UI to browse and play you MP3 file from your NAS. Then switch to the help tab and take the values from "DMS description URL", "Last server media played" and "Selected protocol" to fill the parameters of the PlayDMSMedia action.

Offline n0ir

« Reply #515 on: January 20, 2016, 06:48:07 pm »

That's normal ! x-file-cifs is a specific protocol for Sonos !
Use the plugin UI to browse and play you MP3 file from your NAS. Then switch to the help tab and take the values from "DMS description URL", "Last server media played" and "Selected protocol" to fill the parameters of the PlayDMSMedia action.

Sorry for the late replay! Thank you @lolodomo! It worked great using the browse option in the created device! Scared my wife half to death when I played a airport chime stored on our NAS through our network speaker... ;)

Now I just need to learn how to play specific network stored .mp3 using scenes... I'm thinking about using this option to play stored, pre-recorded voice notifications instead of using TTS on the fly.

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #516 on: July 12, 2016, 03:24:19 pm »
How would I use this to make announcements to an android device such as an android phone? I'm exploring the idea of using an android device as a chime / status device...

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #517 on: July 12, 2016, 04:07:15 pm »
You would need some DLNA Media Player app on the phone ...

It's easier to use Vera Alerts.

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #518 on: July 13, 2016, 09:07:23 am »
I haven't figured Vera alerts out yet either....  😀

Offline tedp

« Reply #519 on: July 13, 2016, 09:40:50 am »
I haven't figured Vera alerts out yet either....  😀
Vera Alerts is the way to go. Check out the documentation http://rts-services.com/Vera/Plugin/VeraAlerts/

There is a bit of a learning curve, but once you get it, you'll be happy.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline TMC

« Reply #520 on: September 26, 2016, 09:04:36 am »
I bought a SONY BLU-RAY HOME THEATRE SYSTEM, I see this device in DLNA plugin but I can not send them orders. If I use Android and BubbleUPnP I can send audio and video content from DLNA plugin. What can I do to send from DLNA plugin audio and video content to SONY?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 02:55:24 am by TMC »