Author Topic: Plugin - IPhone Locator  (Read 248407 times)

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: Plugin - IPhone Locator
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 07:09:38 am »
I am trying to install the latest beta, but when i try to install from the app store i get an error message unable to check installation status. And on vera the mute und unmute buttons have disappeared, and in advanced settings i have version 1.24. Is this the way i should upgrade to 1.30 ?

Strange. if this is not too much trouble I suggest you follow this method
  • delete all the IPhone plugins you have.
  • then upgrade to 1.30 beta using this link http://apps.mios.com/test-plugin.php?id=4686&show=versions
  • watch out for the install to progress the VERA page itself,  the app store does not finish well ( at least for me )
  • once install is done, Hit the reload button
  • then once reload is done, Hit the browser force refresh button ( Ctrl+F5 )

Then it should be clean. if that does not work, I ll send you a package with the files.

Offline mikee123

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 08:00:12 am »
OK i will try that tomorrow evening as i am out tonight and cannot try today. I come to think it might be a browser issue. If it isnt i'll be in touch again, thanks

Offline emtschei

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 10:18:42 am »
@emtschei,  have you done/forced  a browser cache refresh ( ctrl F5 or Shift F5 ) ?

It is needed sometime after upgrading a plugin files before the new *.JS pages ( like settings tab) and dashboard Json files are taken into account. It seems several problem you report should not be there and are not on my system. Specifically, I verified I can enter "0" in addrFormat from the Settings tab with out any problem. the text for longitude is also correct, it is >0 for East location.

The dynamic polling map is available in the Settings tab too. just in the line with Dynamic Polling, you should see a checkbox followed by a text field which is the dynamic polling map

the (*) in front of title, means this device is the parent device , the one who owns the iCloud crendential and doing the polling loop. if you had child devices, you would see that these do not have a (*) in their title

Apologies, @amg0. My bad. Yes, after browser refresh, everything works/looks as specified.
Gotta make a mental note to refresh the browser before shouting out loud  ::).

Thanks
MJ

Offline mikee123

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013, 11:14:34 am »
Is it possible (or will it be possible) to use the distance in PLEG ? I just checked and on my (old 1.24) version at least i can only use away or present as triggers

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2013, 11:51:21 am »
@Mike123

If they have a distance Variable in the Advanced Tab of the plugin ... If you bind this to a variable in PLEG it will get triggered when ever the value changes.

PLEG/PLTS are not limited to just Triggers defined by a device!

Then you can have a conditions like:

NEAR     Distance < 10
Far        Distance > 10

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2013, 01:59:22 pm »
I just made an private release on the app store : 1.30 beta2
it includes the few fixes and the Unit selection (N K or M for nautical, Kilometer, or statute miles).
you can install from http://apps.mios.com/test-plugin.php?id=4686&show=versions

EDIT: I had a fix  a bug with pattern matching which was sometime creating wrong names for devices. it was bad enough that I decided to make an immediate fix on the app store : 1.30 beta3
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 04:38:24 pm by amg0 »

Offline Crismaison

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 02:38:54 pm »
Is there a way to change which parent device is taken? I want my own iPhone to be the parent, but it always takes my wife's one.
Otherwise I need to redo all my triggers etc
Vera lite - Everspring smoke & flood detectors - Fibaro doorsensors - 2 Foscams - Greenwave 6 node smartplug - Several Switches -Netatmo - PLEG - Twilio - DropBoxuploader - FindmyIphone user

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 05:40:12 pm »
I've installed the iPhoneLocator plugin for my daughter's iPhone (she's the only one in the house that uses Apple). Is there a comparable capability for Android phones? Everything I've cobbled up with Tasker, Ping Sensor, et al is crude and unreliable  by comparison.
Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline Schuffelen

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 05:04:32 am »
I installed the iPhone locator version 1.23, and created with PLEG and a virtual switch a logic, that if I press the switch meaning I am coming home, and the distance is lower than 5km the gate of my house will open (and if dark the lights will go on), the PLEG functions well, however it was abit of a dissapointment that the gate was closed when I arrived at home. Seems the iphone locator was not updating the position (poll is at 60 seconds). When I opend the GUI i noticed the position was still old and after pressing the refresh button the right position came in. After that I see positions updated every 60 seconds, but am I overlooking something does it stop after a certain time polling the position? In other words what do I need to do to get regular position updates.
Should I fire a time pulse every minute which activates the refresh button just to be sure.

I noticed the version 1.3 has mute an unmute buttons, so I can add to the logic it will only poll when I have pressed the Coming Home Button, which automatically resets when the Pleg starts to open the gate.

Offline ChrisTheC

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2013, 09:13:17 am »
Hello,

Two problems I am trying to figure out on both v1.21 & v1.30 beta3 (Vera3 1.5.622)

I'm testing 3 iDevices with three separate Apple IDs. During testing, I've tried to delete individual devices, ex. delete "Dad's iPhone" but leave "Mom's iPhone" remaining. It seems that if you try to delete one device, it won't delete. Even after reload's & browser refreshes. You must uninstall the plugin completely, reinstall & start over. Is this the intended behavior or am I doing something wrong?

Second question: Has anyone gotten this to work with an iPad (3rd Generation)? I've tried multiple ways, first from scratch (remove & reinstall plugin), the plugin creates the default device (iPhoneLocator). Modify the settings as required for "Dog's iPad" with the proper id, password, & device name on iCloud.

The iPad has never displayed location, it is always "none". Advanced tab shows Location:none & LastUpdate:0.

I then tried another method. (Uninstall & reinstall plugin 1.30 beta3)
Add "Dad's iPhone" modify plugin settings = Working OK
Add "Mom's iPhone" modify plugin settings = Working OK
Add "Dog's iPad" modify plugin settings = NOT working.

I've tried to press the "Refresh" button. Sometimes the locator shows up on the iPad (which could be coincidence), most times not. Either way, the device does not update. I've read both threads and do not remember seeing anything related to the iPad. Browsing to the iCloud link is the same "https://www.icloud.com/#find" for both iPhone & iPad.

Is there a way to test iPad?

Anyway, thanks for creating this plugin amg0.

Regards,

Chris

Offline mikee123

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2013, 09:49:55 am »
I have upgraded to 1.30 beta3.
Few little problems
My wifes iphone device works fine, changed adre format to 7, and units to miles, all ok.
I have more than one device on my icould, my iphone being the main one and only one i want to use, and that was the only one i created before updating the plugin. I now have my ipad as the master device with (*)in the device name. Also the adr format change does not work, nor does the change of units (have saved and reloaded). Units are still being displayed as km although changed to m, and full addeess being displayed with 7 in adr format. Also if i mute/unmute my phone that mutes/unmutes all my other devices

Offline Ramiii

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2013, 11:12:22 am »
plugin is perfect , been trying it since 1.2 , i love it . just tried dynamic polling and it's working great .

any idea how to change the icons ?

thanks for the great effort .

Rami

Offline emtschei

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 11:24:16 am »
any idea how to change the icons ?

You'll find the icons here:
Code: [Select]
./overlay/www/cmh/skins/default/icons/iconIPhone_0.png
./overlay/www/cmh/skins/default/icons/iconIPhone_100.png
./overlay/www/cmh/skins/default/icons/iconIPhone_25.png
./overlay/www/cmh/skins/default/icons/iconIPhone_50.png
./overlay/www/cmh/skins/default/icons/iconIPhone_75.png

Note they are getting overwritten with a plugin update.

MJ

Offline Ramiii

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2013, 11:26:14 am »
Thanks a lot. But I didn't mean this. There is a variable in the advanced tab for the icons , right ? This is how I can change them ? Cause I only see one icon displayed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Offline emtschei

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2013, 11:32:08 am »
Not sure what you want to achieve. You always see only one icon at a time.
The variable in the advanced tab represents the currently displayed icon. The number correlates with the filenames mentioned previously.
If the icon changes (Away/Present, Mute/Unmute) the number in this field is updated too.
You can of course change this field manually (and do a reload of Luup) but it gets changed again at the next refresh.

Does this somehow answer your question?
MJ