Author Topic: Plugin - IPhone Locator  (Read 258067 times)

Offline Ramiii

Re: Plugin - IPhone Locator
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2013, 11:39:38 am »
Thanks for your help

for some weird reason i only see one icon only , even if the device is away or present , mute or unmute status , it doesn't change the icon .

see attached image

Offline emtschei

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2013, 12:05:21 pm »
Ah, I see.
Have you refreshed your browser?
[CTRL]-[F5] usually does the trick or closing all browser windows or rebooting the PC ...

MJ

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2013, 02:00:38 pm »
I have upgraded to 1.30 beta3.
Few little problems
My wifes iphone device works fine, changed adre format to 7, and units to miles, all ok.
I have more than one device on my icould, my iphone being the main one and only one i want to use, and that was the only one i created before updating the plugin. I now have my ipad as the master device with (*)in the device name. Also the adr format change does not work, nor does the change of units (have saved and reloaded). Units are still being displayed as km although changed to m, and full addeess being displayed with 7 in adr format. Also if i mute/unmute my phone that mutes/unmutes all my other devices

• What are your various device names and what do you have in the iPhoneName parameter of the parent device ( the one with the (*) in the title  ?  let me know and I ll suggest some more troubleshooting steps
  • Units values are N M K in upper case. I plan to change that to make it more user friendly in the final release
  • Mute/Unmute: perfectly normal. one parent device manages the call to iCloud for all its child device. if you mute one child device, you in fact mute the parent device ( mute means : no call to iCloud ) and therefore I show the mute icon to all devices impacted by the mute action

hope this helps

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2013, 02:14:07 pm »
Hello,

Two problems I am trying to figure out on both v1.21 & v1.30 beta3 (Vera3 1.5.622)

I'm testing 3 iDevices with three separate Apple IDs. During testing, I've tried to delete individual devices, ex. delete "Dad's iPhone" but leave "Mom's iPhone" remaining. It seems that if you try to delete one device, it won't delete. Even after reload's & browser refreshes. You must uninstall the plugin completely, reinstall & start over. Is this the intended behavior or am I doing something wrong?

Second question: Has anyone gotten this to work with an iPad (3rd Generation)? I've tried multiple ways, first from scratch (remove & reinstall plugin), the plugin creates the default device (iPhoneLocator). Modify the settings as required for "Dog's iPad" with the proper id, password, & device name on iCloud.

The iPad has never displayed location, it is always "none". Advanced tab shows Location:none & LastUpdate:0.

I then tried another method. (Uninstall & reinstall plugin 1.30 beta3)
Add "Dad's iPhone" modify plugin settings = Working OK
Add "Mom's iPhone" modify plugin settings = Working OK
Add "Dog's iPad" modify plugin settings = NOT working.

I've tried to press the "Refresh" button. Sometimes the locator shows up on the iPad (which could be coincidence), most times not. Either way, the device does not update. I've read both threads and do not remember seeing anything related to the iPad. Browsing to the iCloud link is the same "https://www.icloud.com/#find" for both iPhone & iPad.

Is there a way to test iPad?

Anyway, thanks for creating this plugin amg0.

Regards,

Chris

on version > v1.30, devices are created automatically based on the content of iPhoneName parent device parameter. this is a string which controls which device you want. it does not matter if you delete them, they will be recreated again at the next time the luup engine is restarted. The iPhoneName parameter should be a comma seperated list of names you want to have.

useful patterns:
  • "^iPhone.*" : all devices with names starting with iPhone
  • ".*": all devices in the iCloud account
  • "iPhone of mrX,iPad of msY" : the 2 specific devices named and nothing else
  • "^iPhone.*,Dog's iPad" : all devices with names starting with iPhone AND the ipad called Dog's iPad

I have a iPad2 and it works perfectly. from the plugin standpoint, there is really no difference between iPads and iPhones, maybe check that this iPad is really enabled for location reporting in the IOS settings. one way to be sure is to use v1.30 and put '.*' in iPhoneName. it will fetch and create a device for every single iDevice associated to your iCloud account which is enabled for location tracking

Hope this helps

Offline ChrisTheC

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2013, 03:13:14 pm »
amg0,
Thanks for your time,

. . . this is a string which controls which device you want. it does not matter if you delete them, they will be recreated again at the next time the luup engine is restarted. The iPhoneName parameter should be a comma seperated list of names you want to have. . . .

I don't see a comma separated list on my 3 devices since they are all individual separate Apple IDs. Each device has it's own iCloud account. But I want to remove only one of the devices without removing all of the devices by uninstalling the main plugin. Is my understanding in error?

I have a iPad2 and it works perfectly. from the plugin standpoint, there is really no difference between iPads and iPhones, maybe check that this iPad is really enabled for location reporting in the IOS settings. one way to be sure is to use v1.30 and put '.*' in iPhoneName. it will fetch and create a device for every single iDevice associated to your iCloud account which is enabled for location tracking

Well using '.*' in iPhoneName absolutely worked. ;D
'Dog's iPad' does not, but who cares, your workaround works.  :D :D Maybe it has something to do with the problem mikee1234 was having earlier with the apostrophe ' character.

Thanks again for your help

Chris

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2013, 07:02:02 pm »
Just a quick information for the community , I have posted v1.40 for official submission to be approved so it becomes official. it includes some fixes like the Unit selection etc... should be a quick matter for MCV to approve it

Now, for the most adventurous, who do not fear to face some bugs, you could also have a look at the new beta version on the store ( v1.41 ) which is doing something quite interesting... integration with google map... check out the new MAP tab on the device to see what I am talking about.
Beta version Install : http://apps.mios.com/test-plugin.php?id=4686&show=versions
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 07:04:25 pm by amg0 »

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2013, 07:14:23 pm »
to see the map what must be entered ? what means dd:pp ?

thanks...I am with 1.41 installed and  testing.
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline emtschei

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2013, 08:54:34 pm »
dd:pp is the PollingMap entry you specify in the Dynamic Polling field in the settings tab.
dd stands for distance, pp stands for the polling interval in seconds.
Please see the very first post in this thread as it is all explained there and in various other posts.
Remember to also place a check mark before the Dynamic Polling field if you want these entries to be used for interval calculation.

MJ

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,16907.msg130221.html#msg130221
PollingMap: Enables a polling duration based on the Distance reported. The Distance considered is the minimal of all distances between all devices and their base location for all the devices managed from this same iCloud account. if empty, dynamic polling follows a simple algorythm: if (Distance>100) the period is 10 times the based period, if Distance>10 the period is 3 times the based period.  if it is filled in, then its format is a COMMA (',') separated list of pairs like dist:polling. Number of pairs/steps is not fixed, up to you. for instance 0:600,1:60,10:300,100:1800 which would mean, if the distance is less than 1, polling will be 600s, if it is between 1 and 10, polling will be 60s, if it is between 10 and 100, polling will be 300s, if it is above 100, polling will be 1800s

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,15565.msg129969.html#msg129969

Offline bucko

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2013, 09:02:04 pm »
First of all you did a great job with this plugin amg0. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this.

I am using datamine to record the distance variable. It is doing fine, except the timestamp shows GMT, I guess of the icloud server. I need to sync the time to my local time (+8) of GMT. How can I do this?

Thanks
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls

Offline emtschei

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2013, 09:10:42 pm »
I am using datamine to record the distance variable. It is doing fine, except the timestamp shows GMT, I guess of the icloud server. I need to sync the time to my local time (+8) of GMT. How can I do this?

Bucko, just curious ...
Are these different timestamps than the ones in the LuaUPnP.log log file. In this log mine are local time.
Does DataMine maybe record in UTC? Or it might be that @amg0 adjusts the time to local time before logging/displaying.

Code: [Select]
06      10/08/13 21:26:06.752   Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 42 service: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:IPhoneLocator1 variable: MsgText was: 3.28 km @ Tue Oct  8 21:25:05 2013 now: 0.04 km @ Tue Oct  8 21:26:06 2013 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:0
MJ

Offline mikee123

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2013, 04:37:22 am »

• What are your various device names and what do you have in the iPhoneName parameter of the parent device ( the one with the (*) in the title  ?  let me know and I ll suggest some more troubleshooting steps
  • Units values are N M K in upper case. I plan to change that to make it more user friendly in the final release
  • Mute/Unmute: perfectly normal. one parent device manages the call to iCloud for all its child device. if you mute one child device, you in fact mute the parent device ( mute means : no call to iCloud ) and therefore I show the mute icon to all devices impacted by the mute action

hope this helps

for the parent device, i have  (*)Mike's iPad with IPhoneName = Mike
child  Mike  which is my iphone which is called Mike
child  Mike?s iPad Mini
child  Mike?s iPhone  this should not be there, i only have 1 iphone
child  Mike?s iPod

unit name i have selected from the drop down box in the parent, and it is capital M everywhere
that is displaying km in the (*)Mike's iPad  but correct as miles on Mike. The others are displaying km, but i only have location services enabled on my iphone (Mike) so that could explain it
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 04:47:12 am by mikee123 »

Offline emtschei

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2013, 07:21:32 am »
child  Mike?s iPhone  this should not be there, i only have 1 iphone

Mike, have you checked the iCloud account for your device names?
I noticed when one changes the name of an iDevice, the old name is still visible in iCloud and needs to be deleted manually.
Also, have you enabled the location services on your other iDevices for testing to see if the units are correctly displayed then?

MJ

Offline mikewooduk

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2013, 07:40:40 am »
Hi,

First of all great application and I like it.

One thing that I cant get working is the location, the location is stating from Vera is over 800km away when I know its only about 20 miles away.

I have entered the Lat and Lon settings in the app, and my Vera 2 is set up to show the correct town in the uk.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Mike

Offline mikee123

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2013, 07:41:20 am »
I did change my iphone name in icloud and on the phone as i had a problem with the apostrophe. Will have a look in icloud to see if and how i can delete the obsolete iphone name

Offline emtschei

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2013, 08:46:41 am »
One thing that I cant get working is the location, the location is stating from Vera is over 800km away when I know its only about 20 miles away.

Just to make sure ... using the 'Find my iPhone' app on the phone does this show your device to be at the right location?
Also, did you enter the correct Lat/Lon in the settings field of the 'iPhone Locator' plugin? Your home location is specified there and has nothing to do with the setting of the Vera unit (Setup/Location).

Edit: and do a browser refresh [ctrl]-[F5]
Edit: remember to use decimal format (see posts below)

MJ
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 12:11:05 pm by emtschei »