Author Topic: Plugin - IPhone Locator  (Read 264154 times)

Offline Bobhaskils

Re: Plugin - IPhone Locator
« Reply #945 on: January 26, 2018, 01:59:12 pm »
I am having the same exact problem!

can you try this beta version 244. potentially it solves a save problem. let me know

Having the same issue - very frustrating!
Were do you apply this file / what do you do with it once downloaded?
Thanks.

here is an easier way.
just open this url in your browser,  then ignore any error message and wait for your vera to download & reload luup a couple of time. then IPhoneLocator should be updated

http://<yourip>:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=4686&Version=35321

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately this link does not work as I rceive an error:  "This site can?t be reached" with a blank page and no reaction on vera. I'm operating on Mac and have tried opening in both Safari and Chrome - maybe this is the reason...

Maybe you can explain were and how to upload the file in UI7.
Many thanks!

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #946 on: January 26, 2018, 02:35:23 pm »

can you try this beta version 244. potentially it solves a save problem. let me know

Thanks.

here is an easier way.
just open this url in your browser,  then ignore any error message and wait for your vera to download & reload luup a couple of time. then IPhoneLocator should be updated

http://<yourip>:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=4686&Version=35321

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately this link does not work as I rceive an error:  "This site can?t be reached" with a blank page and no reaction on vera. I'm operating on Mac and have tried opening in both Safari and Chrome - maybe this is the reason...

Many thanks!

did you replace <yourip> by your vera ip address ?

otherwise you can take the files in the zip file and upload them on your vera by using the Apps/Develop Apps/Luup Files page

Offline Jakadia

« Reply #947 on: January 26, 2018, 09:36:21 pm »
got it to version 2.44, but still don't have a save button to save configuration.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #948 on: January 27, 2018, 03:56:59 am »
got it to version 2.44, but still don't have a save button to save configuration.

there is no save button, it saves when you move out of fields

Offline Bobhaskils

« Reply #949 on: January 27, 2018, 07:31:25 am »

Thanks.

here is an easier way.

Many thanks!

otherwise you can take the files in the zip file and upload them on your vera by using the Apps/Develop Apps/Luup Files page

Thanks a lot! - have uploaded the files and it saves the credentials. The problem now is the device name which appears as "Not Configured" and could not be changed - there is a save error after saving.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #950 on: January 27, 2018, 09:36:31 am »

Thanks.

here is an easier way.

Many thanks!

Thanks a lot! - have uploaded the files and it saves the credentials. The problem now is the device name which appears as "Not Configured" and could not be changed - there is a save error after saving.

Have you reloaded loup and refreshed browser ?
What version of Vera are you using ?
If it still does not work please enable debug mode on th eiphonelocator device then reload lump the refresh browser cache ( Ctrl f5 ) then go to settings.
Then please Share with me via pm or email the Vera debug log for the whole sequence so I can see what happens

Offline agoodman82

« Reply #951 on: June 08, 2018, 02:21:41 pm »
@amg0: I'm having an issue with the plugin. I accidentally changed my iCloud email address in the "settings" tab of one of my two iPhone locator plugins. I went back to change it, and although it did take a few attempts to get it to save the change, it finally took. However, it seems like this one little mistake damaged the plugin; it no longer tracks my iPhone, and is stuck on "mute"... I can't refresh or anything else. I tried going back into my iCloud list, deleting my iPhone and then re-enabling it, but that too seemed to do nothing. I even tried to create another instance of the plugin to re-create it but when going into the settings of the new plugin I get an error message saying that it can't refresh the settings when trying to add my iCloud account. I'm not sure what's going on... the plugin seems "frozen" somehow and I can't do anything with the devices I already created with it. All the instances of my plugin are v2.44.  I keep getting the error "Save device details ended with error. Retrying ..." Any ideas??
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 02:35:17 pm by agoodman82 »

Offline ceskelund

« Reply #952 on: June 09, 2018, 03:36:47 pm »
I am having similar issues but with a new installation. I'm running the latest Vera firmware and installed the plugin version 2.45.  I have created two devices in the app and one appears to be partially working, with the exception of constant messages stating Google quota exceeded - even though my polling is set to 600s and I have it muted most of the time.  As soon as I unmute it, I receive the quota message.

The second device never seems to refresh - if I go into settings, I still see the correct settings for icloud, polling, etc. but the Devices screen in Vera shows no Devices for this account.  I have reloaded LUA and the first device polls but the second device says forceRefresh error, check logs.  I also tried turning on debug but that doesn't seem to take either.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #953 on: June 10, 2018, 04:15:29 am »
I am having similar issues but with a new installation. I'm running the latest Vera firmware and installed the plugin version 2.45.  I have created two devices in the app and one appears to be partially working, with the exception of constant messages stating Google quota exceeded - even though my polling is set to 600s and I have it muted most of the time.  As soon as I unmute it, I receive the quota message.

The second device never seems to refresh - if I go into settings, I still see the correct settings for icloud, polling, etc. but the Devices screen in Vera shows no Devices for this account.  I have reloaded LUA and the first device polls but the second device says forceRefresh error, check logs.  I also tried turning on debug but that doesn't seem to take either.

Here is a step by step install doc.  please first document your exact VERA setup ( what kind ? versions ) and then try to follow that doc step by step. respect the browser refresh & luup reload indicated in the doc

which step is different for you ?

Note to all: app store version is 2.45

Offline ceskelund

« Reply #954 on: June 10, 2018, 01:48:47 pm »
So, all of those steps work properly and the device is added and shows just like your screenshot.  At that point, I let things settle for a bit and then go back into settings and change the GPS coordinates to those of my house.  Then, after a refresh, the device turns to the attached screenshot.  I have left the device in that state overnight and it just doesn't come back. 

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #955 on: June 10, 2018, 05:56:41 pm »
So, all of those steps work properly and the device is added and shows just like your screenshot.  At that point, I let things settle for a bit and then go back into settings and change the GPS coordinates to those of my house.  Then, after a refresh, the device turns to the attached screenshot.  I have left the device in that state overnight and it just doesn't come back.
Ok that?s call out for setting debug  mode.  Reloading luup and sharing the log in private mail.

Offline ceskelund

« Reply #956 on: June 10, 2018, 06:18:23 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to work with me on this - it is people like you that make this community great.  I put the plugin in debug mode and got the blue banner at the top that debug was turned on.  I reloaded and the debug button is green but the log screen is blank.  Is there another way to get the logs?  see screenshot.

Another observation is that when I do a refresh, though the location portion is not working, the battery level updates appropriately so it looks like it is at least querying the icloud account successfully for some data.

Thanks

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #957 on: June 11, 2018, 02:01:20 am »
Thanks for taking the time to work with me on this - it is people like you that make this community great.  I put the plugin in debug mode and got the blue banner at the top that debug was turned on.  I reloaded and the debug button is green but the log screen is blank.  Is there another way to get the logs?  see screenshot.

Another observation is that when I do a refresh, though the location portion is not working, the battery level updates appropriately so it looks like it is at least querying the icloud account successfully for some data.

Thanks

you are in debug mode so now you need
1) do a luup reload
2) wait it comes back
3) capture the log file from the VERA folder /var/log/cmh.  cf FAQ post
4) send it via Private Message

Offline ceskelund

« Reply #958 on: June 11, 2018, 06:33:00 pm »
OK, I feel like an idiot, but I can't figure out how to attach the log file to the PM.  Pasting the log inside times out - most likely due to amount of data.

Thanks.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #959 on: June 12, 2018, 01:36:06 am »
OK, I feel like an idiot, but I can't figure out how to attach the log file to the PM.  Pasting the log inside times out - most likely due to amount of data.

Thanks.
i ll pm you an email address