Author Topic: Plugin - IPhone Locator  (Read 260117 times)

Offline ceskelund

Re: Plugin - IPhone Locator
« Reply #960 on: June 12, 2018, 08:54:30 am »
email sent - thanks.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #961 on: June 13, 2018, 05:59:08 am »
email sent - thanks.
pb fixed. you were using .1 in the Range. it must be 0.1
future version will protect against that

Offline rafale77

« Reply #962 on: June 13, 2018, 07:25:50 am »
I could suggest also to implement an optional auto retry of the location refresh when the iphone reports 0 battery. The reason is because it means that iCloud did not update get the location successfully. Maybe do a retry after a few seconds?
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline jac418

« Reply #963 on: July 24, 2018, 05:34:52 am »
I have an issue with the geofence on my iPhone X. In the map section I receive a message saying "This page can't load Google Maps correctly.
Do you own this website?   OK"
And obviously, the geofence is not locating my iPhone, therefore no geofence for my home...

Offline Joe Daring

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #964 on: July 26, 2018, 01:51:33 am »
Hi everybody...

I already posted this in a separate thread, and got some help from Rafale77 (Thank you again, man!) In the form of a workaround, but I want to give it another try...

I know that crossposting is bad habit and usually I don't do that, but I see that this thread gets most of the action and, maybe, I can get some help with my problem here...

Oh! And thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge here...
For a beginner like me it is INVALUABLE...

Did a search, and I have found one old thread with a user reporting my same problem, but it is a very old thread and the bug should have been corrected by now so, maybe, the  cause is different now... hope someone can help...

Just trying to set a scene that announces my arrival at home location... a very basic one...

Problem is, as far as I keep my "Distance goes below:" at an integer value (i.e. setting at "1"...) the scene seems to work fine...

But, without changing anything else, if I set that value to a decimal ("0.5" or "0,5" or ".5", for instance...) the scene stops firing altogether...

For the sake of me, can't understand the reason why...

BTW I'm using Km, if that matters...

Any hint would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks in advance, guys... Do I have already said I'm a beginner? ;)
Ciao!
Joe

Offline rafale77

« Reply #965 on: July 26, 2018, 07:24:23 pm »
Hi Joe,

Just for sanity's sake, are you sure you tried both 0.5 and 0,5? I am a bit puzzled because I have mine set at 0.28km (I am in the US but from France) for the past few years and have never had any problem with it switching house mode both on the vera and now on openLuup. In the Iphone plugin device can you check what the variable "Range" say?

What you are trying to use is the scene editor which I have completely stopped using altogether. Did you try my workaround i.e creating the scene but in the startup lua?
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline Joe Daring

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #966 on: August 01, 2018, 11:31:11 am »
Hi Rafale77,
and thanks again for your attempts to help...

Yes, man... I'm sure I tried both of them... and tried again today...
If I try to use decimals in the Scene editor for the Below/Above range, the scene stops firing...

BTW, the "Range" Variable says "0.1" and that is what I set up in the "Home Range" setting in the plugin's settings...
That works...

What doesn't work is using decimals in the Above/Below Distance conditions in Scene Editor...

Lastly, Rafale77, no, sorry... Haven't tried yet... been busy with quite a few troubles with my parents... Time is scarce...
But thanks a lot, nevertheless... I'm going to try as soon as I can get some spare time...

Regards!
Joe

Offline Joe Daring

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #967 on: August 01, 2018, 11:33:29 am »
Oh! BTW...

Being the n00b I am with this whole stuff, I want to ask you guys...
Is PLEG the only route to go, if I want to have the device in iPhone Locator MUTED When I'm home?
Any alternatives?

Thanks again...
Joe

Offline Rompabear

• Sr. Newbie
"Google Quota exceeded" but I am not polling often at all?
« Reply #968 on: September 16, 2018, 03:06:46 pm »
Polling Period: 1200
Dynamic: Ticked
Distance Mode: Direct
Polling Divider: 3
Polling Map: Empty
Extra Polling: Ticked

I have made two VERA devices from your installed iPhone Locator plugin.
Each VERA device is linked to a different Apple account, each account has several devices in the cloud.
But only one iphone is selected from the cloud on each instance of your plug-in.

Each VERA device is muted when the iphone is ON MY WiFi and at HOME.
Each VERA device is muted when I am OFF my WiFi and my location is AWAY.
Hence only time each plugin is unmuted is for the small periods of time each phone is OFF my WiFi but my Location is at Base.
The last condition allows me to check if my location becomes AWAY, in which case it sets my home alarm, then mutes itself.
When I come home, my phone WiFi pings my phone and when each phone's location becomes Home, that iPhone locator device is muted.

As you can see most of the day, each plugin is muted, but I am still getting the "Google Quota Exceeded" message?

I know Google have recently changed their API to a pay model.
But even if I requested a registered API, how can I enter this API into your plug-in settings?
Is your plug-in using your API, shared amongst all us users?
I'm really confused and any help would be appreciated as I am using your plugin as a cornerstone of my <home/not-home> PLEG logic!
Thanks.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 03:09:31 pm by Rompabear »

Offline amg0

• Master Member
Re: "Google Quota exceeded" but I am not polling often at all?
« Reply #969 on: September 16, 2018, 04:29:49 pm »

I have made two VERA devices from your installed iPhone Locator plugin.
Each VERA device is linked to a different Apple account, each account has several devices in the cloud.
But only one iphone is selected from the cloud on each instance of your plug-in.

Each VERA device is muted when the iphone is ON MY WiFi and at HOME.
Each VERA device is muted when I am OFF my WiFi and my location is AWAY.
Hence only time each plugin is unmuted is for the small periods of time each phone is OFF my WiFi but my Location is at Base.
The last condition allows me to check if my location becomes AWAY, in which case it sets my home alarm, then mutes itself.
When I come home, my phone WiFi pings my phone and when each phone's location becomes Home, that iPhone locator device is muted.

As you can see most of the day, each plugin is muted, but I am still getting the "Google Quota Exceeded" message?

I know Google have recently changed their API to a pay model.
But even if I requested a registered API, how can I enter this API into your plug-in settings?
Is your plug-in using your API, shared amongst all us users?
I'm really confused and any help would be appreciated as I am using your plugin as a cornerstone of my <home/not-home> PLEG logic!
Thanks.

This is due to new pay model.
V 2.48 will let you enter your google api key. You will need distance matrix, geocode and map APIs.
I am running it but I want to see the behavior and cost over a period before I make it generally available. Cost could go up if improperly configured.

Offline Rompabear

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #970 on: September 17, 2018, 07:21:02 am »
V 2.48 will let you enter your google api key. You will need distance matrix, geocode and map APIs.
I am running it but I want to see the behavior and cost over a period before I make it generally available. Cost could go up if improperly configured.

Hi Amg0, I am running the latest version (V.2.47) but without distance matrix (using the settings above). What would you recommend I do in the short term to avoid this error (if anything) until your next plugin becomes available, and bye the way, really appreciate your hard work on this plugin! John

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #971 on: September 17, 2018, 08:09:04 am »

Hi Amg0, I am running the latest version (V.2.47) but without distance matrix (using the settings above). What would you recommend I do in the short term to avoid this error (if anything) until your next plugin becomes available, and bye the way, really appreciate your hard work on this plugin! John

If you know what you are doing you can use the github beta version
It will require you create your own key and I highly recommend you monitor your cost daily in google cloud console for api ( the first 200dollars per month will not be charged by google )

Offline Rompabear

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #972 on: September 18, 2018, 09:49:25 am »
No, I think i will wait for it's release via the VERA apps store and upgrade then, thanks.

Offline Rompabear

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #973 on: September 19, 2018, 02:33:48 pm »

amg0
Why when my polling interval is 1200 seconds (20 minutes) for both iPhones, does my screen shot show I'm polling every 16 seconds on the first phone and just over every 3 minutes on the second phone? Have I misunderstood something??
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:36:14 pm by Rompabear »

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #974 on: September 19, 2018, 02:49:36 pm »
Cf PollingBase and PollingAuto variables doc in http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,16907.msg130221.html#msg130221

In doubt enable debug mode and share the logs with me capturing a Luup reload and a few refreshes