Author Topic: Plugin - IPhone Locator  (Read 263952 times)

Offline rafale77

Re: Plugin - IPhone Locator
« Reply #975 on: September 20, 2018, 11:42:22 am »
I am seeing this problem too. I am wondering if there is an alternative to the google map API.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #976 on: September 20, 2018, 11:54:34 am »
I am seeing this problem too. I am wondering if there is an alternative to the google map API.
what problem ? the polling or the map ?
for the map v2.48 gives you the ability to enter your key. I am monitoring my own consumption and gave numbers in the PDF file, it is going to be "free" according to my forecast in my case
at this point I have no plan for another map & distance route api change ( esp with the support of the traffic aware mode ) but if somebody wants to contribute to the plugin, why not, I can integrate some proposed changes

Offline rafale77

« Reply #977 on: September 20, 2018, 03:23:13 pm »
The problem is the google quota exceeded for the time/distance and address measurement.
I have upgraded to v2.48 but not have not created a key for google map yet. Can you share your settings to keep it free?
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #978 on: September 20, 2018, 05:14:15 pm »
The problem is the google quota exceeded for the time/distance and address measurement.
I have upgraded to v2.48 but not have not created a key for google map yet. Can you share your settings to keep it free?

Cf http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,107473.0.html
It is in the pdf , toward the end.
You can also set max quotas in google console if you want to be sure

Offline rafale77

« Reply #979 on: September 20, 2018, 06:06:56 pm »
After looking at it closer, the API remains free for as long as we probe <40000 calls a month. This averages to about 1/min. I think it would be fairly easy to keep it free.

Offline cafri

« Reply #980 on: September 26, 2018, 02:10:17 am »
I am thinking of using the iPhone Locator plugin, but have a question first:

We are 4 family members with 4 iCloud accounts, defined as a family.

I know I can create 4 instances of the plugin, each will use a different iCloud account, and provide the location of the devices of that family member.

Is it possible, however, to use only 1 iCloud account, and be able to see the devices of all family members?
(When each family member family uses the "Find my iPhone" app, he can see the location of all devices of all family members)

The reason I want to use this approach is as a precaution, in case the iCloud credentials are being hacked.
This way, not all iCloud accounts data will be leaking, but only the data of the iCloud account I used for this plugin.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #981 on: September 26, 2018, 02:24:05 am »
I am thinking of using the iPhone Locator plugin, but have a question first:

We are 4 family members with 4 iCloud accounts, defined as a family.

I know I can create 4 instances of the plugin, each will use a different iCloud account, and provide the location of the devices of that family member.

Is it possible, however, to use only 1 iCloud account, and be able to see the devices of all family members?
(When each family member family uses the "Find my iPhone" app, he can see the location of all devices of all family members)

The reason I want to use this approach is as a precaution, in case the iCloud credentials are being hacked.
This way, not all iCloud accounts data will be leaking, but only the data of the iCloud account I used for this plugin.

the api I am using does not report the location of family members. it must be some other internal apple apis that they  uses but since they are not documented I do not have a solution for this request, sorry

Offline cafri

« Reply #982 on: September 26, 2018, 02:42:20 am »
Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you please share some information about whether / how the iCloud credentials are being stored?
Are they stored locally on my controller? Somewhere else?
Are they stored in plane text? Hashed? Encrypted in some way?

Edit: I am aware of this, and the quote from the version log (below) but wanted to know if anything changed, or whether there is an ETA for the encryption.

Encryption of iCloud password is ready but I will enable it in a future version, just to seperate issues & concerns for testing this version
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 04:17:30 am by cafri »

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #983 on: September 26, 2018, 06:05:05 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you please share some information about whether / how the iCloud credentials are being stored?
Are they stored locally on my controller? Somewhere else?
Are they stored in plane text? Hashed? Encrypted in some way?

Edit: I am aware of this, and the quote from the version log (below) but wanted to know if anything changed, or whether there is an ETA for the encryption.

Encryption of iCloud password is ready but I will enable it in a future version, just to seperate issues & concerns for testing this version
This statement is a bit old :-) it did not work well, plus , being JavaScript there was no real strong way to guarantee proper protection,  so it is stored in a device variable, but encoded so that it is not readable directly. But it is not real encryption.

Offline sagos

« Reply #984 on: September 27, 2018, 02:14:24 am »
Hi. Help to connect the plugin. I did everything according to the instructions .Just not working.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #985 on: September 28, 2018, 01:52:14 pm »
Hi. Help to connect the plugin. I did everything according to the instructions .Just not working.

Are you sure use and pwd is correct. Check it with a browser on a Mac pc connecting to iCloud web site.
Did you go to settings / iCloud and entered use pwd and refresh. Do you see your devices ?

Otherwise does your pwd contains special character

Finally enable debug mode , reload Luup wait a little and share the log file With me in private mode

Offline TinCup

« Reply #986 on: October 13, 2018, 10:12:40 pm »
Hi amg0 ...

Just upgraded to 2.48 on UI5, added the Google API key and the plugin is working fine.  However, I can't seem to change any of the polling settings.  I make the change, tab away, and don't get the red save button or anything.  If I change anything in the Advanced settings, the save works but can't get any of the polling settings to change. 

Any thoughts?
Vera 3 UI5 | Homewave | Amazon Echo | BWS HA Bridge | PLEG/PLTS | OpenSprinkler | AD2USB | GE/Jasco | Schlage BE469 | Kwikset 912 | ecobee3 | SONOS + TTS | Aeotec 4-in-1 | EcoLink | Everspring ST812 | Remotec ZFM-80 | Evolve LRM-AS/LFM-20 | Hikvision DS-2CD2332 Turret | Dahua IPC-HFW4300S Bullet

Offline TinCup

« Reply #987 on: October 13, 2018, 10:24:09 pm »
Hi amg0 ...

Just upgraded to 2.48 on UI5, added the Google API key and the plugin is working fine.  However, I can't seem to change any of the polling settings.  I make the change, tab away, and don't get the red save button or anything.  If I change anything in the Advanced settings, the save works but can't get any of the polling settings to change. 

Any thoughts?

Never mind ... fixed my problem after I saw the polling time was set in the Advanced Settings area.  All good now!
Vera 3 UI5 | Homewave | Amazon Echo | BWS HA Bridge | PLEG/PLTS | OpenSprinkler | AD2USB | GE/Jasco | Schlage BE469 | Kwikset 912 | ecobee3 | SONOS + TTS | Aeotec 4-in-1 | EcoLink | Everspring ST812 | Remotec ZFM-80 | Evolve LRM-AS/LFM-20 | Hikvision DS-2CD2332 Turret | Dahua IPC-HFW4300S Bullet