We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: StellaZ Radiator Thermostat and Vera  (Read 60443 times)

Offline dmckenna

Re: StellaZ Radiator Thermostat and Vera
« Reply #165 on: July 09, 2015, 06:05:30 am »
Hi,

I've got both wakeup and polling set at 1680 seconds - devices wake up, report and accept setpoints pretty much 99.9% of the time these days using the standard Vera code with no additional workarounds.

Dare I say it.......it's working as designed at last. I did make a recommendation earlier this year to Vera who did actually implement it on (I think) April's firmware. This stops the 3 x resends that was plaguing the Z network when a setpoint was sent to a battery device that was sleeping. Now it sends it once, if the device is asleep then it waits for the next wake up. This simple change made a HUGE difference to the latency which tbh was incremental the more TRVs were on your network - they used to fight with eachother and the queue just got fuller and fuller.

BUT - I did change the intervals to a lower value (480 seconds) several firmware releases back and things were not as fluid. I've not tried since, or for several months. I've got 22 of these StellaZ, plus a host of other Z devices and things are working fine with the defaults.