We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: how to connect fibaro dimmer when there is 2 switches?  (Read 4596 times)

Offline yaron86

• Sr. Newbie
Re: how to connect fibaro dimmer when there is 2 switches?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 08:48:17 pm »
also something i couldn't figure out is sometimes the light turn off completely, and sometimes there is very small light
like shown in the picture attached, im using regular on off switch
With this type of switching and an incandescent lamp, off should be off. Is it possible that you are setting a low dim level from Vera so what you are seeing is a low on rather than an off?

maby, it happens when i mix double taps fast from the right switch and then from the second switch i just tap once (something like that not really sure), i think maby it goes to dimming mode or something, but now when i look at the manual at config #14 it says:
switch type - choose between momentary switch and toggle switch (default is 0)
0 momentary switch
1 toggle switch
2 roller blind
but in vera i need to choose monitor in order to type a desire value, which number should i choose? and what is dec & hex?

there is also configuration 15 that says that double click is setting the light to 100% and it is default

Offline RexBeckett

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 03:31:05 am »
Yes you should set configuration variable 14  to 1 to suit your bi-stable switches. Follow the same procedure as for variable 17.

When you add a variable to the list, you have a choice of Data Size. The default monitor only just displays the current value of the variable. To change a variable you need to set Data Size to one of the n byte options. The options define the size of the variable and the type of number (decimal or hexadecimal) you will enter. Most variables are one byte and you would normally enter the value as decimal.
  • 1 bye dec  0-255 (use for most variables)
  • 1 bye hex  0-FF
  • 2 bye dec  0-65535 (required for variables with large ranges)
  • 2 bye hex  0-FFFF
  • etc.

Offline yaron86

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 02:07:36 pm »
Yes you should set configuration variable 14  to 1 to suit your bi-stable switches. Follow the same procedure as for variable 17.

When you add a variable to the list, you have a choice of Data Size. The default monitor only just displays the current value of the variable. To change a variable you need to set Data Size to one of the n byte options. The options define the size of the variable and the type of number (decimal or hexadecimal) you will enter. Most variables are one byte and you would normally enter the value as decimal.
  • 1 bye dec  0-255 (use for most variables)
  • 1 bye hex  0-FF
  • 2 bye dec  0-65535 (required for variables with large ranges)
  • 2 bye hex  0-FFFF
  • etc.

RexBeckett thank you so much for the help!!! appreciate it!!!  :)