Author Topic: Introduction to VeraMate (for iPhone and iPad)  (Read 68932 times)

Offline earlylearner

Re: Introduction to VeraMate (for iPhone and iPad)
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2016, 09:07:54 pm »
it seems that the application, just doesn't get a response once you send a command. the voice activation only works once when your a premium user. I press the voice control nothing happens when I say a command.

Offline veramate

« Reply #256 on: February 09, 2016, 05:12:28 am »
it seems that the application, just doesn't get a response once you send a command. the voice activation only works once when your a premium user. I press the voice control nothing happens when I say a command.

The code is definitely not different between premium/free versions (other then the "always on" limitation).  There has been a recent bug report where a user has experienced it stopped working after some hours, and required killing the app and restarting (to be confirmed).  But otherwise, try changing some settings under the voice control section which can let you change the accent it detects, etc.
VeraMate for iOS - simple, customisable, Vera control.  http://www.veramate.com
Apple Watch, Voice Control, GeoFencing, iBeacons, Today Widget, UI5/6/7 support, Alerts.

Offline earlylearner

« Reply #257 on: February 09, 2016, 08:45:41 pm »
thanks will try that, I'm using the free version, but I had an experience that once it gets the command it stops, will try out what you mentioned.

Offline veramate

« Reply #258 on: February 10, 2016, 10:14:58 am »
Actually I do apologise, the free version does have a limit on the number of voice activations allowed per day - you should have actually received a popup explaining this before it stops working.  The nuance server is a paid service, so I do limit free version access.
Apple Watch, Voice Control, GeoFencing, iBeacons, Today Widget, UI5/6/7 support, Alerts.

Offline veramate

« Reply #259 on: February 11, 2016, 07:27:36 am »
Notice: It's just been brought to my attention unfortunately a bug made it into 10.5 preventing many users from using the voice control feature - I'll be getting a release to Apple asap.

Offline stibbzy

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #260 on: July 04, 2016, 01:07:37 am »
Any idea when we will be able to use the Today Widget without the app running in the background? I find it's not really useable with this limitation...

Offline veramate

« Reply #261 on: July 04, 2016, 04:54:43 am »
Any idea when we will be able to use the Today Widget without the app running in the background? I find it's not really useable with this limitation...

I have to say I have no time frame for this at the moment - based on a couple of things, but also as this hasn't been a very requested/used feature.  It's a shame but Apple make it exceedingly difficult to communicate within these components, and to do networking from within the today widget will take considerable refactoring and changing VeraMate.   

Offline stibbzy

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #262 on: July 04, 2016, 05:33:38 am »
Thanks for the reply. Judging from the number of Vera apps in the app store that support a Today Widget, I'd have to say you seem to be right - it doesn't seem to be a much requested feature. I find this totally perplexing. I'm using Homewave since it's Today Widget can run without the app running, and i honestly barely open the actual app - its sooo much easier to swipe down from any screen to activate a scene or turn on a light, as opposed to opening an app. But I prefer VeraMates interface... (First world problems lol).

Offline spudjr

Background Running
« Reply #263 on: November 30, 2016, 10:09:09 pm »
Does Veramate run in the background IOS 10. Using it to trigger an IBeacon but seems it only triggers only if the app is in the foreground. Background app refresh is turned on. Thanks
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 10:16:19 pm by spudjr »

Offline veramate

Re: Background Running
« Reply #264 on: December 07, 2016, 07:21:30 am »
Does Veramate run in the background IOS 10. Using it to trigger an IBeacon but seems it only triggers only if the app is in the foreground. Background app refresh is turned on. Thanks

It definitely runs in the background.   I haven't tested specifically with iOS10, so perhaps Apple has snuck in more requirements in order to run bluetooth in the background.   I'll look into it.

Offline Eagles

« Reply #265 on: December 24, 2017, 06:45:05 pm »
My Dashboard shows nothing when I open the app.
How do I change that ?

Offline shapshere

« Reply #266 on: January 13, 2018, 01:01:10 am »
I thought the developer abandoned the app?

Offline timmy2

« Reply #267 on: January 13, 2018, 12:03:37 pm »
Either the developer has lost interest or chooses not respond to the support channel available in the premium app. Almost every time I open VeraMate Premium all the icons on its desktop fade out, and it takes up to a minute or more to repopulate before I can use it. It was once a reliable and useful app!