Author Topic: Vera Vera plus showing offline  (Read 1364 times)

Offline astar100

Vera Vera plus showing offline
« on: December 24, 2017, 09:08:25 am »
Hello

Is anyone else having any issues with connecting to Vera over cellular. The website shows controller as offline. The controller and is working locally, but not outside of the WiFi network.
Alexa is also stating it can not find hub.
I am.also having issues with not being able to create new lightwaverf devices in the rfxtrx controller app.

Seems like this latest update brought a few bugs.

Offline mgagnon

Re: Vera Vera plus showing offline
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 09:47:31 am »
I have two different VeraPlus controllers (two locations), and both are showing as offline for the last couple of days.  Is this a common/recent issue?

Offline hfleejr

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 10:36:06 am »
My VeraSecure went offline about a week ago and I haven't been able to get it back online.  I've tried the soft reset option and removing the battery.  Same results - the Service, Internet and Cellular lights are blinking.

I have an email in the support desk but haven't heard back.

Offline wozzukes

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 08:54:48 pm »
I, too, am having issues with my Vera Lite showing as offline. This just started today, as I used the Android app last night without issue.  I am able to access it through the local IP address, but not through the mobile app or home.getvera.com.  I tried everything short of resetting it, which I'd rather not do, to no avail.  All other devices on the network have internet access, so I'm hoping it is an issue on their end that will be fixed soon.

Offline d55m14

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 02:39:32 am »
Me too . I?ve a Veraedge offline since two weeks ago . Locally I can access it

Offline wozzukes

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 10:17:44 am »
I submitted a support request.  Hoping they get back to me soon.  I can access it locally, but the time is off so none of my scenes are running correctly.  When I first access it via local IP it shows the correct day and time, and then it changes to something totally off the wall.  Right now it is Monday, 10:17am and my vera shows it as being Friday, 9:09 PM.

Offline hfleejr

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 01:00:34 pm »
I, too, am having issues with my Vera Lite showing as offline. This just started today, as I used the Android app last night without issue.  I am able to access it through the local IP address, but not through the mobile app or home.getvera.com.  I tried everything short of resetting it, which I'd rather not do, to no avail.  All other devices on the network have internet access, so I'm hoping it is an issue on their end that will be fixed soon.

Still no luck after rebooting multiple times through both reset button and removing the battery.  Service, Internet and Cellular lights continue to blink.  I'm also unable to ping the IP address.  So, I can't connect locally.  However, the SSID still shows up in the list of wireless networks.  Any ideas on how to connect to the unit via the mios wireless network?

Any other ideas?  No response from the support desk.

Offline wozzukes

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 05:09:40 pm »

Still no luck after rebooting multiple times through both reset button and removing the battery.  Service, Internet and Cellular lights continue to blink.  I'm also unable to ping the IP address.  So, I can't connect locally.  However, the SSID still shows up in the list of wireless networks.  Any ideas on how to connect to the unit via the mios wireless network?

Any other ideas?  No response from the support desk.

I can't really help with the wireless issue as I'm using a Vera Lite.  This is my second Vera Lite unit, though.  I had a similar issue to this one a couple of years ago but I wasn't able to access it locally either.  I spent hours on the phone with support, hooking the Vera up directly to my computer, giving them remote control of my computer and even then they couldn't get it to work.  I would get the Vera logo and occasionally a partial menu on the left, but it would never load any of my devices or scenes or anything of the sort.  I ended up having to buy a new unit.  I'm optimistic about this time since i am able to connect to and control it locally.  I had a similar problem to the current one maybe a year or so ago and it ended up being one of their servers that my account was apparently trying to connect to had an issue, so I'm hoping this is the same deal.  I saw on the support page that they are closed today (New Year's Day) so I'm hoping for a response tomorrow, though I will be at work and not home to try to troubleshoot with them.

Offline wozzukes

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 08:04:56 pm »
So I figured out my issue and I'm back online!  It was a total moronic move on my part.  I have multiple raspberry pi's serving various purposes.  One of them is running pi-hole to block ads on our network.  I needed a quick patch cable yesterday to test a camera out, and in my rushing I unplugged what I thought was a pi that wasn't being used at the moment and instead unplugged the pi-hole pi.  All of the other devices on the network (aside from one which is what led me to discovering this) were defaulting to the secondary DNS so I didn't notice the issue, but apparently the Vera and my Leeo (which I found out tonight I also couldn't connect to) were not.  Once I realized what I had done and plugged the pi-hole back in and rebooted everything came back and is working as normal.  Whew!

I'm sure that doesn't help any of you still having the offline issue, but definitely check and make sure it isn't something stupid you are overlooking on your network like I did.

Offline Einar

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 03:18:24 am »
I am able to log in, but no devices shows updated status and I cannot control anything.
On top of the dashboard I get the message; "cannot write user data - System error"