Author Topic: Create virtual device. How to get callbacks  (Read 17 times)

Offline dualarrow

Create virtual device. How to get callbacks
« on: November 18, 2017, 10:52:39 pm »
I have a virtual device (a motion sensor) and I can use the REST API to trigger it and to arm/disarm it, but if I try to arm/disarm it from the vera web interface, it wont arm. In the device Params, theres a field "ip" that from what I have gathered in the Luup Upnp variables and actions docco is meant to have the IP address and port of the device. I assume this is so events (like arm/disarm) can be sent to the device. The problem is theres no mention of the format (I ha tried "ip port", "ip:port", "ip,port") an I cant see any traffic (using tcpdump).

Does anyone know fo to receive arm/disarm changes from a remote tcp device ?

Online akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: Create virtual device. How to get callbacks
« Reply #1 on: Today at 03:31:50 am »
Functionality like this requires a specific plugin for the device.  This would take the given IP and port (format is ip:port) from the virtual device attribute, establish a connection at startup, translate Vera actions to remote calls, and handle incoming status changes.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P.
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, DataYours, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.