We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: IP2IR Help  (Read 1531 times)

Offline rrlance

IP2IR Help
« on: October 23, 2013, 09:37:25 am »
I bought a Global Cache IP2IR box to control my home theater system. I got it connected to my network and installed the Global Cache plugin in Vera. No problems there. I then added a couple of devices using the Vera IR wizard. I could then control my Samsung TV and my Onkyo receiver...except not all of the buttons worked.

After a little searching, I found this thread (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12857.0.html) so I decided to follow its instructions.  I started by deleting all of my existing IR devices I had created using the Vera IR wizard.  I figured it would be better to start with a clean slate.  I then created custom XML files for my Samsung TV, uploaded them, and created a new IR device for it. I was able to grab the IR HEX codes using the iLearn application from Global Cache. I initially did discrete on/off commands and HDMI1 input. This worked great, and it controls my TV as expected.

So now on to my issue....after this initial testing, I started to try and learn more IR codes through iLearn. This is where I hit a road block. This stupid little program is way too inconsistent. Half the time it fails to read an IR code when I press a button.  The other half the time it reads an IR codes, I convert it to HEX, modify the I_Device.xml file, reupload the XML file, and Reload Vera to just find out the IR code doesn't work.

I read on some other forums to try iLearn 2.4 instead of the latest (2.5). I did that but got the same behavior. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to learn and/or get IR codes for my devices.

Offline curiousB

Re: IP2IR Help
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 12:32:29 pm »
go get the codes from here and skip the learning step.

http://www.remotecentral.com/

VeraLite (1), Leviton VRI10-1LX (8 ), VP00R-1LZ (5), VRS15-1LX (1), Intermatic CA3500 (10), CA5100 (1), Aeon Labs DSC26103 (5), Foscam FI8918W (2) , FI9821W V2 (1), DLINK DCS-932L (2), DCS-930L (1), GE45604 (2), GE45603 (5), Honeywell RTH8580WF (2), HA-09WD (1), Kwikset 910TRL ZW (1), Aeon MMote (2)