We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Box for gateway Arduino - 3D printer  (Read 7727 times)

Offline hek

Re: Box for gateway Arduino - 3D printer
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 03:37:06 am »
Hi Hek,

I noticed you changed most of your Hardware Links from AliExpress to Ebay.  Have folks been having issues with AliExpress?

No issues with aliexpress, what I have heard about.
The ebay prices were a bit lower and I tend to get my things shipped here faster from ebay sellers. Also doing some evaluation of different affiliate programs for a future build-your-own-sensor-site which will more comprehensive and cover the process of building sensors more deeply [will get back here when its ready for beta testing].

Offline clandmeter

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 05:52:55 pm »
Hi Hek,

I noticed you changed most of your Hardware Links from AliExpress to Ebay.  Have folks been having issues with AliExpress?

No issues with aliexpress, what I have heard about.
The ebay prices were a bit lower and I tend to get my things shipped here faster from ebay sellers. Also doing some evaluation of different affiliate programs for a future build-your-own-sensor-site which will more comprehensive and cover the process of building sensors more deeply [will get back here when its ready for beta testing].

I did have issues with aliexperess. After I tried to order a few parts, all of them were rejected with a message I should send a copy of CC and Pasport/ID to them. I don't prefer to send copies of anything to any chinese website so I let them all expire. Now that all links are up to ebay, I ordered again without an hitch.

Waiting now for my first ardiuno parts.

Offline hek

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 06:04:03 pm »

I did have issues with aliexperess. After I tried to order a few parts, all of them were rejected with a message I should send a copy of CC and Pasport/ID to them. I don't prefer to send copies of anything to any chinese website so I let them all expire. Now that all links are up to ebay, I ordered again without an hitch.

Waiting now for my first ardiuno parts.

What?! Never heard of this kind of behavior from Ali-sellers. I would not send any passport copies either...

Offline activemind

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 05:20:20 pm »
How do you guys buy from someone who does not take paypal? Do you give them your CC info  :o

I have looked at AliExpress and like the prices but none of them seem to accept paypal?

-AM

Offline hek

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 03:28:38 am »
You don't reveal any card information to the actual seller. All payment is handled by Aliexpress (which is the biggest market place in Asia).

I doubt they will mess up your card information.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alibaba_Group