We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Aeon Labs Home Energy Meter  (Read 9960 times)

Offline Christian1980

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Aeon Labs Home Energy Meter
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 07:57:28 am »
Hi there,

weird behavior! I did the following steps:
- reinstall HEM (luup restart) -> works
- set parameter 101 = 16140 (luup restart) -> works
- set parameter 111 = 1 (luup restart) -> works
- change name of master device -> luup engine restarts all the time and in the comment field i says "ZWave: Failed to start"

any ideas?

Offline mrcashback

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 11:34:20 pm »
I'm in Oz (Adelaide)

The Aeon HEM is terrible...  I was able to get marginal 'success' by using AC power (forget batteries) and tweaking the parameters as previously noted in the forums.... but even still, one ore more clamps freeze and stop updating at least once a day....
Been in communications with AEON, advised them that there are HOARDS of people on the forums with the same issues, but so far no fix.
At first it seemed leaving it would EVENTUALLY unfreeze itself, but lately I've noticed its been adding additional generic devices when it freezes, and the only way to get it working again has been to delete the devices and reconfigure the parent device (polling or configuring the child/clamp devices results in permanent freezes).

Also, low wattage readings are VERY erroneous, (like all devices of this nature due inferred amperage from fixed voltage specification and power factor), ie 1W True, might read as 150-200W on the HEM

Its an overall disappointing product that's great when it works, but just doesn't work much!

Offline elordude

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 02:00:33 am »
If you are doing big configuration changes have the Vera as close as possible to the Aeon HEM - I have the same issue - my vera and Aeon HEM are at opposite corners of the house and they work OK however if i try to change any configuration at that distance i only get errors.  Move the Vera close and try the configuration change again.  I had mine working for over a year with no issues, it updates every 10sec for clamps 1/2 power (W) and 60sec for KWhs - I use dataMine to keep logs of usage

regards
Harry