Author Topic: Importing configuration into Imperihome 2.0  (Read 3341 times)

Offline Jams

Importing configuration into Imperihome 2.0
« on: October 28, 2013, 12:48:42 pm »
I don't know if I am being blind but I can't see how to import a configuration into the new Imperihome 2.0.  I have upgraded to the pro version and exported the configuration by email.  I have transferred the json file onto my second tablet but I can't work out to import it - what am I missing ?

Overall Imperihome 2.0 is amazing !!  I love the dashboards - but I particularly love how other apps and web sites can be integrated.  I have set up a front page that links to my Heatmiser app, my Security camera DVR app and my Sonos system.  I also have a page dedicated to accessing the web interface on my MythTV system, allowing me set up recordings etc.  The Imperihome front end makes it all look wonderfully integrated - it significantly reduces the need to look more into integrating some of the systems I mentioned into my Vera system.  (Although I know I will play with Vera integration more over the next while).

Well done !

Offline ImperiHome

Re: Importing configuration into Imperihome 2.0
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 02:05:25 pm »
Hi Jams,

Thanks for your feedback :)

About the import : imperihome registers itself as a handler for the exported xml file : you just have to open the xml from your email client or file browser, and this should fire up ImperiHome import, asking you for confirmation.
Can you confirm ?

Regards,

Offline Jams

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 05:35:11 pm »
Yes - indeed that does work.  I was transferring the configuration to my old Galaxy Tab 7.  I want to use it as a dedicated remote for Imperihome and the others apps I mentioned, and I had deleted my email accounts from device.  I set up Imperihome on my new Nexus 7 and saw the email message you generate has imperihome_export.json attached (I don't see a .xml attachment).  I saved the .json and bluetoothed it to my Tab and then tried opening it in "ES File Explorer" and the default "My Files" app, neither of which knew what to do with it.

I have since set up my email account account on the Tab again and opening the attachment directly from the email worked.

Thanks again

Offline ImperiHome

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 06:18:17 pm »
Thanks for trying this :-)

That's quite strange... We will perhaps add a standalone import function allowing to browse of specify path to the import json (you're right it is json and not xml ;))

Offline Jams

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 07:02:44 pm »
Thanks for trying this :-)

That's quite strange... We will perhaps add a standalone import function allowing to browse of specify path to the import json (you're right it is json and not xml ;))

A standalone import would be helpful.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline Otje

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 04:46:14 pm »

Overall Imperihome 2.0 is amazing !!  I love the dashboards - but I particularly love how other apps and web sites can be integrated.  I have set up a front page that links to my Heatmiser app, my Security camera DVR app and my Sonos system.
Well done !

Hello

I was wondering how you displayed the Sonos system at the imperihome app? I do not see a device for it..
VERA Plus, VERA 3 Lite , couple of PIR's, several switch units, wall mounted tablet, Sonos integration with TTS, Temperature sensors, Imperihome, Zwave LED bulbs

Offline Jams

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 07:16:26 pm »

Overall Imperihome 2.0 is amazing !!  I love the dashboards - but I particularly love how other apps and web sites can be integrated.  I have set up a front page that links to my Heatmiser app, my Security camera DVR app and my Sonos system.
Well done !

Hello

I was wondering how you displayed the Sonos system at the imperihome app? I do not see a device for it..

I just used the option within the dashboard to launch another app.   It runs the regular Android app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4