We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Support for Trane/Schlage Thermostat: TZEMT400AB32MA.  (Read 24033 times)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: Support for Trane/Schlage Thermostat: TZEMT400AB32MA.
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 02:41:42 pm »
Have you tried using the numeric values for the modes instead of those text identifiers?
That may be the translation that is incorrect/partially missing in the implementation.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline kbmcguire

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 08:16:30 pm »
@ASIHome,
Yes, I have enabled Fan Cycler Mode from the Thermostat and it works locally, just not from Z-Wave/Vera.

Yes, I tried the numeric values and it always sets the fan to ON.  If I'm reading the xml file correctly, only the text identifiers are supposedly valid.  The driver seems to automatically convert anything else to "ContinousOn", regardless.  I can put my name as the NewMode and it will still change the fan mode to ON.

----excerpt from S_HVAC_FanOperatingMode1.xml----
<allowedValueList>
<allowedValue>Auto</allowedValue>
<allowedValue>ContinuousOn</allowedValue>
<allowedValue>PeriodicOn</allowedValue>
</allowedValueList>
----excerpt from S_HVAC_FanOperatingMode1.xml----

Also, for anyone testing the code I posted earlier, I apologize but there was a mistake, I left out the equal sign after NewMode.  Should look like this:

FAN ON
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_FanOperatingMode1","SetMode",{ NewMode="ContinuousOn" },10)  <-Change the 10 to match your thermostat's ID

FAN AUTO
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_FanOperatingMode1","SetMode",{ NewMode="Auto" },10)  <-Change the 10 to match your thermostat's ID

FAN CYCLE (Doesn't work)
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_FanOperatingMode1","SetMode",{ NewMode="PeriodicOn" },10)  <-Change the 10 to match your thermostat's ID

The bug report (ID 1410) was entered by Florin and it appears to be private for whatever reason.

Regards,
kbmcguire

Offline jgdurbin

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 08:42:46 pm »
Lets keep this topic alive!

I agree with all said.  I also saw in the logs that regardless of what was sent by the code, somewhere along the line it was switched from "PeriodicOn" to "ContinuousOn".

[Reminder: How check logs: http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Logs]

Using the .xml and .json code I included in my previous post, I get the following in the logs:

08      05/10/11 20:35:02.532   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 27 service: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_FanOperatingMode1 action: SetMode <0xe2c09>
08      05/10/11 20:35:02.533   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument DeviceNum=27 <0xe2c09>
08      05/10/11 20:35:02.533   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_FanOperatingMode1 <0xe2c09>
08      05/10/11 20:35:02.534   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument action=SetMode <0xe2c09>
08      05/10/11 20:35:02.534   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument NewMode=PeriodicOn <0xe2c09>
08      05/10/11 20:35:02.535   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument rand=0.18364556121782222 <0xe2c09>
04      05/10/11 20:35:02.817   <Job ID="2234" Name="ContinuousOn node 5" Device="27" Created="11-05-10 20:35:02" Started="11-05-10 20:35:02" Completed="11-05-10 20:35:02" Duration="0.247175000" Runtime="0.242045000" Status="Successful" LastNote="Transmit was ok" Node="5" NodeType="ZWaveThermostat" NodeDescription="_Thermostat"/> <0x803>

@ASIHome: I don't understand your comment.  I have PeriodicOn mode working from the thermostat itself.  I think we are all trying to get the thermostat to switch to this mode via ZWave commands.  You earlier implied this was possible.  Can you confirm definitively if this is possible?  Is there anything else you could share?  Code, of course, would be most welcome  ;D

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 08:52:28 pm »
I think several folks have confirmed now that it works locally on the thermostat, and not with Vera.

A bug report was apparently created by MCV.

It appears the bug is that PeriodicOn does not get translated to value 2 being sent to the thermostat, but value 1.

@ASIHome knows it is not an issue on the thermostat side, because it can be changed through Z-Wave, just not with Vera, but it does work with the VRC0P @ASIHome used previously. (And there one probably just specifies the actual value (0,1,2), hence the comment.)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 08:54:56 pm by oTi@ »

Offline jgdurbin

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 02:30:35 pm »
There is also bug 920 first reported by michaelk.  However, the "Date Submitted" field is corrupted (apparently right after I added some notes and uploaded two files) and now the bug does not show up anymore when searching for "Trane" or under the "recently modified" lists.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 03:13:57 pm »
Thanks for mentioning that bug report. You can do a lookup by number.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 03:25:44 pm by oTi@ »

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 01:38:07 am »
Thanks for mentioning that bug report. You can do a lookup by number.
For those looking to declare independence from resolution of said bug today ;), try this low-level workaround:

Code: [Select]
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='<nodeID>',Data='68 1 <fanMode>'},1)
Where <nodeID> is the Z-Wave NodeID (Settings->ID / Advanced->altid), so not the Device#,  of the t-stat, and <fanMode> is:
0: auto
1: on
2: cycle
as previously mentioned.

This will send out the proper Z-Wave frame to operate the fan cycler (provided you have configured a non-zero On time. This can be done through the menu locally, or through parameter 75 (On time) and 76 (Off time)).

A bit crude, since the status in the Dashboard will show wrong etc., but oh well.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 01:41:09 am by oTi@ »

Offline RastusB2

• I KNEW I shouldn't have stomped those grapes!
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2011, 11:47:41 pm »
How do I combine this Virtual StateDevice Luup code with this Change Fan Mode Luup code?
I am using the Virtual Switch's State to trigger an AWAY, EMS Trane scene

local Virtual - EMSDevice=53
local Virtual - EMSStatus = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1", "Status", EMSDevice)
if (EMSStatus == "1") then
    return false
end
return true

Normal Mode, FAN ON
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_FanOperatingMode1","SetMode",{ NewMode"ContinuousOn" },53)

EMS Mode, FAN AUTO
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_FanOperatingMode1","SetMode",{ NewMode"Auto" },53)
GE/Jassco Duplex Outlets -16-, GE 3 Way Dimmer -6-, GE 2 Way Dimmers
-8-, GE Lamp Modules -6-. GE Appliance Module -8-, Leviton VRI06-1L  Vizia RF + 600W Incandescent Scene Capable Dimmer-VRI06-1LX, Schlage Dead Bolt, Schlage/Trane Thermostat, Schlage IP wired Camera -3,-Vera 3 UI5 v1.5.408

Offline vera_nc

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 02:54:08 pm »
I would also like to see support added for Operating Mode 'EHEAT' which is now in these thermostats.  Currently, the only supported modes in Vera are 'Off', 'Auto', 'Heat' and 'Cool'.

Maybe someone can verify if EHEAT can be controlled via Loop/Variable code.

Offline hsmaier

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 11:44:06 am »
I am new and would also like to control the fan cycle from Vera
I have it working from the Trane /Schlage TZEMT400AB32MA but if I change from ESM to normal from Vera the fan cycle option no longer works and I have to go back to the installer settings on the thermostat to re enable the fan cycle. I am at the latest firmware version: 1.1.1338 .
My thermostat is device #4 so if someone would be so kind to offer what code I might have to paste into a scene I would be very thankful. Did I mention that I was new and old. :)
Vera 2 U14, Vera 2 U15, Two Trane TZEMT400AB32 Thermostats. Insteon Light Switches, Insteon Outlets, Power Linc Modem.

guest13871

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 09:51:52 am »
I am new and considering this thermostat, and if I do buy this one I certainly want the fan cycle mode to work.  That is a key feature for me.

On a side note, I had purchased the new Honeywell Z-wave thermostat but couldn't get it to work correctly and Honeywell won't talk to a homeowner, only an "HVAC professional", so back it went.  How do you users like the Trane/RCS/Schlage (it's made by RCS and OEM'ed by the others) thermostat?  Would you buy it again or look elsewhere?

Thank you.

Offline pgrover516

• Beta Testers
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 10:46:52 am »
I am very pleased with the function/reliability of the Trane/Schlage model despite caveats noted
V1,V2,V3,VLite,Express Controls HSM-100,Intermatic HA20C, HA04C,HA02C,HA09, Leviton VRP15-1LW, VRS15-1LX,Home Manageables HM-TS001,Schlage FE599, Schlage BE369, Cooper RF9500, Aeon Labs Minimote, Schlage TZEMT400AB32MAA+more

Offline kbmcguire

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 10:55:32 am »

@ufd108,
I have two of these now plus a spare and I love them. I've tried a lot of programmable thermostats over the years and this one is the best I've used personally, even without the zwave features. The fan cycle mode was a must for me also and I have that working currently through luup code where I can turn the fan cycle mode on or off, it just doesn't indicate as such. As for support, I was having a reception problem with one of mine and called trane's tech support. After a brief conversation with a knowledgable tech they sent me a replacement (advance exchange) free of charge. They even paid the return shipping. The new one did not fix my issue (I think it's the location or interference) but I am very pleased with the support I received. Good support is hard to find these days.

FWIW, I have the older models which were made in the US, I've noticed that the newer ones are now made in China  :(  . Therefore, I cannot vouch for the quality of the newer models.

Hopefully, MCV will fix the fan cycler issue with the next release as promised.  :)

-kbmcguire

Offline jguidera

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 09:24:59 am »
There appears to be several topics regarding updating the interface to the Trane Thermostats, especially the elusive fan cycle option.  ASIHome alludes that he has insiders knowledge, but doesn't appear able to share with the wider audience.  The question is why doesn't micasaverde have this same insider knowledge?  Or how can we, the community, get insight?  Or have I not yet found the thread where this problem is solved (please point me in the right direction!).

I messed around and cleaned up several files (attached) for the main interface (I am running a new vera with 1.1.1047).  NOTE: I did NOT update the version numbers, as they are not official releases.  I am also working on cleaning up the smart phone interface (will be posted "soon").

Fan Cycle is indicated, but doesn't (yet) work.  Changes are primarily formatting and very minor functionality.

I'm running 1350, are these more up to date than what's currently on the box stock and if so, what are the minor interface items that you cleaned up?

Offline hsmaier

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 12:28:20 pm »
I am new and would also like to control the fan cycle from Vera
I have it working from the Trane /Schlage TZEMT400AB32MA but if I change from ESM to normal from Vera the fan cycle option no longer works and I have to go back to the installer settings on the thermostat to re enable the fan cycle. I am at the latest firmware version: 1.1.1338 .
My thermostat is device #4 so if someone would be so kind to offer what code I might have to paste into a scene I would be very thankful. Did I mention that I was new and old. :)

Can anyone confirm that the Trane fan cycle Z wave will work from the new Vera 3 and show up on the dashboard?
Vera 2 U14, Vera 2 U15, Two Trane TZEMT400AB32 Thermostats. Insteon Light Switches, Insteon Outlets, Power Linc Modem.