We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Support for Trane/Schlage Thermostat: TZEMT400AB32MA.  (Read 23488 times)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: Support for Trane/Schlage Thermostat: TZEMT400AB32MA.
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2012, 10:54:34 pm »
Can anyone confirm that the Trane fan cycle Z wave will work from the new Vera 3 and show up on the dashboard?
Does not appear to be working yet (V3/1.5.254).
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline JoeBR

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2012, 02:35:47 pm »
Ditto here...  Although the "Cycle" menu options does appear for this thermostat on the dashboard display, selecting it results in "Auto" mode, both on the dashboard and in the thermostat itself.  My thermostats have been manually put into the correct state for "Cycle," and that mode is selectable directly on the 'stats.  Oddly, when the thermostat has been manually placed in Cycle, selecting that mode on the dashboard results in the unit returning to Auto.

Perhaps we are skipping a step somewhere?

Offline hsmaier

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2012, 04:39:56 pm »
Can anyone confirm that the Trane fan cycle Z wave will work from the new Vera 3 and show up on the dashboard?
Does not appear to be working yet (V3/1.5.254).

I wish they would get the fan cycle working as I would like to create a scene so that when the bathroom light goes on the fan cycle mode activates to remove moisture from the mirror while I shower. Forced hot air heating is very dry in the winter even with a humidifier so the fan cycle would work well for me. Having it cycle on all the time raises my electric bill.
Vera 2 U14, Vera 2 U15, Two Trane TZEMT400AB32 Thermostats. Insteon Light Switches, Insteon Outlets, Power Linc Modem.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2012, 07:52:04 am »
@hsmaier,

IIUC, you could create a scene triggered by your bathroom light turning on, and putting the following in the Luup tab to set the fan mode to cycle (substituting the proper ID (not Device#) of your Trane for <nodeID>):
Code: [Select]
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='<nodeID>',Data='68 1 2'},1)

And a second scene triggered by your bathroom light turning off, to set the fan mode to auto:
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='<nodeID>',Data='68 1 0'},1)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 07:55:05 am by oTi@ »

Offline hsmaier

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 03:38:53 pm »
Thanks
I'm going to order another Insteon switch for the bathroom and try it
Vera 2 U14, Vera 2 U15, Two Trane TZEMT400AB32 Thermostats. Insteon Light Switches, Insteon Outlets, Power Linc Modem.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 03:55:01 pm »
I'm going to order another Insteon switch for the bathroom and try it
Will you be able to get (instant) status reporting from that switch, so you can use it as a trigger?

Offline hsmaier

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2012, 09:53:41 am »
@hsmaier,

IIUC, you could create a scene triggered by your bathroom light turning on, and putting the following in the Luup tab to set the fan mode to cycle (substituting the proper ID (not Device#) of your Trane for <nodeID>):
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='<nodeID>',Data='68 1 2'},1)

And a second scene triggered by your bathroom light turning off, to set the fan mode to auto:
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='<nodeID>',Data='68 1 0'},1)

Before I order another Insteon switch for the bathroom light I would like to test this code on my Insteon kitchen light.
switch.

My Trane thermostat is device 4
The Trane ZNID is 002

So would I paste

luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='002>',Data='68 1 0'},1)
[/code]

into the luup code box on the kitchen light switch?

My thermostat also shows a ZHID  fb.44.6.1.40

Sorry if these are stupid questions but I've never used any luup codes

Howard