Author Topic: AD2USB suddenly started showing "Connection Down"  (Read 7970 times)

Offline clambert

Re: AD2USB suddenly started showing "Connection Down"
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2017, 06:52:22 pm »
Oddly enough I am also having this "Connection Down" issue after adding a switch last weekend.  Anyone have any luck fixing this issue? It's been working fine up until I disconnected everything to add the switch.

Offline clambert

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2017, 07:22:05 am »
Oddly enough I am also having this "Connection Down" issue after adding a switch last weekend.  Anyone have any luck fixing this issue? It's been working fine up until I disconnected everything to add the switch.

As it turns out my USB settings were wrong.  After re-applying them I'm back in business.  I have no idea why they may have been wiped out but at least I have control again.

Offline jb2017

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2017, 04:12:17 pm »
For others having this issue where Vera will lose connection after ~48 hours, the only fix I found was to switch to an AD2NetworkAppliance and install using the instructions on this thread: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26672.0.html

Vera Support was useless in solving my issue.

Offline habano

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2017, 11:21:52 am »
I've been getting these 'Connection Down' messages for several months now. AD2USB always seems to work fine, but Vera randomly decides to lose contact. Initially I did a lot of fiddling with Vera and AD2USB without much luck. Communicating with Vera support never got me very far. Luckily I've been able to get my connection back each time, but it's been a huge inconvenience. Once I get the connection working again, it usually works fine for about a month before losing the connection again.
After a few frustrating months of dealing with this, I decided to start logging my steps to help get to a solution quickly. I've now successfully narrowed it down to just this:

unplug AD2USB from Vera
connect AD2USB to a computer
run Alarm Decoder
select 'restart AD2USB'
plug AD2USB back into Vera

That's it. No restarts, no configuration changes, no contacting support. Now while it may sound simple, it's still an inconvenience to have to do this whenever the 'Connection Down' message randomly decides to show up.

Here's a question for the community: Is there any way that AD2USB can be restarted directly from Vera (so as to avoid using a computer)? If there was a way, maybe I could set AD2USB to reset on a schedule (something like once every couple of weeks).

Offline pentium

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2017, 11:47:04 am »
When you do all of that, do you also have to go back into vera and set the baud rate?  For me, I found I was causing my own problem whenever I unplugged the usb from the vera box.  And my resolution was to just go back to the serial port settings in vera and confirm the correct baud rate.

Offline habano

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2017, 03:48:35 pm »
Nope. No settings to change. Since I don't restart the Vera, it doesn't change any of the serial port settings.