We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: ZTS-100  (Read 5035 times)

Offline long

• Sr. Newbie
ZTS-100
« on: November 05, 2013, 09:25:29 pm »
Hi all

i installed the ZTS-100 to replace old thermostat controller. i paired it with vera lite and everything went smoothly, leave everything as default. Recently, i notice that, vera lite didn't pick up  thermostat mode or current temperature correctly. so i wonder if what else that can be done to fix this issue.

i also attaches couple pics to show how thermostat has been setup

Offline long

• Sr. Newbie
Re: ZTS-100
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 11:02:11 pm »
anyone?

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 11:50:50 pm »
You posted this less than 24 hours ago. To expect an answer in that time frame is considered rude. Most of the sensor members on this forum will ignore topics with the topic owner bumping the topic in that 24 hour time frame.

- Garrett

Offline kkl

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 12:10:50 am »
so i wonder if what else that can be done to fix this issue.
What have you tried?  Have you tried polling it?

Offline long

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 06:22:36 am »
yes. it would update info after manual poll.but that isn't a fix.. showing these info on the vera's UI5 isn't important, the thing that i concern the most is automation scene. luup code didn't work correctly because values that vera pass in are not updated.

i have scene for thermostat that would turn on/ shut off thermostat base on current temperature trigger. for example
turn off thermostat if  current temperature hits 23. but when zts-100 shows current temperature at 24 and heat still runs . I check vera, it says current temperature is 20

@Garrttwp: i didn't know this would be consider rude and i am sorry about that. beside when i bump the thread, it is more than 24hrs.

thank you

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 07:17:14 am »
My apologize as TapaTalk showed the wrong time on your first post as being 22 hours prior to you bumping the thread.

- Garrett

Offline kkl

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 09:53:17 am »
If a manual poll works reliably, then Zwave communication is probably okay.  Did you change the polling interval to blank?  My battery-powered thermostats were automatically set at 1080 seconds (that's 18 minutes!), and the C-wire powered to 60 seconds.  Have you tried setting a poll interval, in case the default isn't working properly?  If it's still a problem, you could create a scene to poll the thermostat on a regular schedule.

it would update info after manual poll.but that isn't a fix.. showing these info on the vera's UI5 isn't important, the thing that i concern the most is automation scene. luup code didn't work correctly because values that vera pass in are not updated.
   Are you saying that luup values are different than what is displayed in UI5?

Offline long

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 10:52:51 am »
@kkl

First of all, thank you for your help!

Its poll interval was set to 60 ( because I wired it,) before I remove and left it as blank( blank is default to Vera) . However, the info that showed on UI5 didn't match with what showed on thermostat itself. After manual poll they fix. So I wonder if there is anything else I need do like modify device properties like sensor ( timeout and sensitive). I already look at zits-100 manual on parameter section and don't really how to use it.

What I say about Luup variable , mean because Vera didn't have corrective value -> Luup code executed wrongly-> scene didn't run as it suppose to

Ps: if I run Vera from day to day without restart or reload. Would it ever cause any problem to Vera ( mess up Luup code or overload something :) for whatever it would be)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:58:46 am by long »

Offline kkl

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 12:38:42 pm »
I just noticed that your screen capture shows no neighbors.  If that is correct, it might be the cause of your problem.  Try Update Neighbor Nodes to see what happens (Device Settings [Wrench] -> Device Options tab).  If there are still no neighbors, you might need to move Vera closer or add a routing z-wave device in between.

Offline long

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 12:49:15 pm »
Oh. That's weird! I have sensor and light switch (z wave type) near it. I dunno what cause this. I would follow your advice once I home and report back.

Thank you so muh again

PS: i update neighbour nodes and here is new screenshot

there few number of node listed as neighbour for thermostat. i also set poll interval back to 60 second and will test for couple day. i will report back after a few day.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 05:28:41 pm by long »

Offline long

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 09:20:26 am »
Report: so far so good ! vera keep update latest info from thermostat. well, at least that what i see on UI5
but weird thing happen when i run luup for thermostat.

i have a scene with just a luup like this to test out thermostat. and current temperature shows on thermostat is 22.
intentionality, when the scene runs. i should change mode from off to Cool, however, it fails to do so, instead it change current mode to Heat. so i wonder what happen here.

local THERMOSTAT = 4 -- The thermostat device numberSES_SID
local StartHeat = 10
local StartCool = 18
local HVACO_SID = "urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_UserOperatingMode1"
local HVAC_Temp_SID = "urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1"
local HVAC_HEAT_SID = "urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat"
local HVAC_COOL_SID = "urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Cool"

local current_temp = luup.variable_get( HVAC_Temp_SID, "CurrentTemperature", THERMOSTAT) or "0"
local status = luup.variable_get(HVACO_SID, "ModeStatus", THERMOSTAT) or "Off"

if ( current_temp > "StartCool") then
          luup.call_action( HVACO_SID, "SetModeTarget", {NewModeTarget = "CoolOn"}, THERMOSTAT)
          luup.call_action( HVAC_COOL_SID, "SetCurrentSetpoint", {NewCurrentSetpoint = "20"}, THERMOSTAT)

elseif ( current_temp <  "StartHeat") then
          luup.call_action( HVACO_SID, "SetModeTarget", {NewModeTarget = "HeatOn"}, THERMOSTAT)
          luup.call_action( HVAC_HEAT_SID, "SetCurrentSetpoint", {NewCurrentSetpoint = "24"}, THERMOSTAT)
  end
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:57:43 am by long »

Offline long

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 09:13:23 pm »
hi all

after a month  of try, apparently the vera lite didn't show thermostat's temperature correctively. today, i went home, it was so cool. i look at my thermostat it say 12.3 but on UI5 , it says 21!!!! could anyone help me to fix this problem, it is winter now!!

on the first picture, UI5's sceenshot, it shows thermostat's temperature is 21 HOWEVER the 3_1 sensor  which is next to it(it is 1.5m apart), says 12 . it is unacceptable

on the second picture, it is the picture of the real thermostat say 12C.

currently, i have a scene to control this thermostat, but the scene didn't run as it suppose to because thermostat on UI5 didn't update its temperature corrective

thank you!

Offline kkl

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 12:25:28 am »
Is there a Z-wave communication problem with the thermostat?  Can you poll it successfully?  Was there an internal schedule set that might have reduced the temperature?

Offline long

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 07:21:16 am »
i don't think there is some kinda schedule that set to reduce temperature in my zts 100.
i can poll it manually and successfully. every time i do a manual poll, vera got latest statue and temperature of the thermostat.
i dunno if there is z war communication problem or not! i do a  stress test and result says ok, average is 200ms

Offline kkl

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 10:28:02 am »
It sounds like Z-wave communication was working when you tested it.  However, since UI5 updated to what the thermostat was showing when you polled it, it suggests that maybe there was a problem when they where showing different temperatures.  Routine polling wasn't turned off was it? [Settings:  Poll this node at most once every ___].

The picture of your display shows a 1 and 2 (surrounded by squares).  I believe this means that the thermostat is calling for 2nd stage heat; so it knows that your temperature is too low.  Perhaps there was a power outage that day?

Has this happened again?