Author Topic: Wind Speed and Direction as Child Device  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Otje

Wind Speed and Direction as Child Device
« on: November 06, 2013, 06:17:43 pm »
I am intrested to have Windspeed and Wind direction also as child devices of this plugin.
I am trending those variables already in datamine but if i get the child device as well, then I can show them seperately in the remote interface.

I have no experience in this and I do not understand how i can create child device and take those variables from the main plugin.

Can anyone help me?
VERA Plus, VERA 3 Lite , couple of PIR's, several switch units, wall mounted tablet, Sonos integration with TTS, Temperature sensors, Imperihome, Zwave LED bulbs

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Wind Speed and Direction as Child Device
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 11:39:03 pm »
This will not happen until we standardize the new weather and other sensors in an on going discussion we have going on in another thread. Even if you did create your on child devices, they would not be supported in many, if not all 3rd party apps.

- Garrett

Offline guessed

• Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 09:13:25 am »
This type of change is not dependent upon the standardization effort.  I also don't plan to "Split out" any sensor values as its actually the opposite of the direction for the Weather Plugin. 

Longer term, as more sensors are exposed and particularly as "forecast" information is added, this type of breakout would result in a [largely] unmanageable number of discrete devices on the Vera Dashboard.

Offline chris66

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 09:15:59 am »
@guessed, still no hope to have a child device with WindSpeed? Or to add a condition in the weather plugin to test the WindSpeed value?